View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 17 Jan 2018 15:05

Forum rules

- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Boost humans stats 
Wanderer

Humans as discussed on other thread, have lowest overall stats.

Then there is also the fact that currently the game favours stat specialization a lot, focusing on stats for most guilds is much better than having balanced stats.

Humans instead of being "jack of all trades, master of none", they are more like. "useless in all trades."

Even Rangers, that mix combat, with spellcasting, and sneaking, thus I guess would use all stats, don't have many humans.

Even more absurdly, the Dunedain of the North company, have no Dunedain in it, because the stats just suck.

I tried to think other ways, like many games humans while low stats have instead high skills, but in Genesis this wouldn't work well, other games humans instead learn skills faster, in Genesis this is not important.

So either humans need higher base stats (but enough to end mid-range of races, not on high-end, aim is jack of all trades, not master of all trades), or maybe they get xp bonus and can grow overall faster.

08 Jan 2018 18:18
Myth

Alteor wrote:
Humans as discussed on other thread, have lowest overall stats.

Then there is also the fact that currently the game favours stat specialization a lot, focusing on stats for most guilds is much better than having balanced stats.

Humans instead of being "jack of all trades, master of none", they are more like. "useless in all trades."

Even Rangers, that mix combat, with spellcasting, and sneaking, thus I guess would use all stats, don't have many humans.

Even more absurdly, the Dunedain of the North company, have no Dunedain in it, because the stats just suck.

I tried to think other ways, like many games humans while low stats have instead high skills, but in Genesis this wouldn't work well, other games humans instead learn skills faster, in Genesis this is not important.

So either humans need higher base stats (but enough to end mid-range of races, not on high-end, aim is jack of all trades, not master of all trades), or maybe they get xp bonus and can grow overall faster.

Rangers have almost only humans :P

And humans are suppose to not "excell" at anything, alltho I believe they should be able to focus with more points via meditation than other races beeing the jack of all trades kinda thing

08 Jan 2018 19:29
Wanderer

the rangers I know are all elves, or hobbits.

maybe rangers I don't know, are humans.

Exception I believe is Dorrien, that is Dunedain, and last I saw him in-game he was trying to join the rangers (but didn't had joined yet).

But the group called "Dunedain of the North" in ME lore, I am sure have zero active Dunedain in it. (or humans, for that matter, to invite to join the Dunedain)

08 Jan 2018 19:45
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]