Boost humans stats

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alteor
Adventurer
Posts: 95
Joined: 23 Nov 2017 03:45

Boost humans stats

Post by Alteor » 08 Jan 2018 18:18

Humans as discussed on other thread, have lowest overall stats.

Then there is also the fact that currently the game favours stat specialization a lot, focusing on stats for most guilds is much better than having balanced stats.

Humans instead of being "jack of all trades, master of none", they are more like. "useless in all trades."

Even Rangers, that mix combat, with spellcasting, and sneaking, thus I guess would use all stats, don't have many humans.

Even more absurdly, the Dunedain of the North company, have no Dunedain in it, because the stats just suck.

I tried to think other ways, like many games humans while low stats have instead high skills, but in Genesis this wouldn't work well, other games humans instead learn skills faster, in Genesis this is not important.

So either humans need higher base stats (but enough to end mid-range of races, not on high-end, aim is jack of all trades, not master of all trades), or maybe they get xp bonus and can grow overall faster.

Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1770
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: Boost humans stats

Post by Draugor » 08 Jan 2018 19:29

Alteor wrote:Humans as discussed on other thread, have lowest overall stats.

Then there is also the fact that currently the game favours stat specialization a lot, focusing on stats for most guilds is much better than having balanced stats.

Humans instead of being "jack of all trades, master of none", they are more like. "useless in all trades."

Even Rangers, that mix combat, with spellcasting, and sneaking, thus I guess would use all stats, don't have many humans.

Even more absurdly, the Dunedain of the North company, have no Dunedain in it, because the stats just suck.

I tried to think other ways, like many games humans while low stats have instead high skills, but in Genesis this wouldn't work well, other games humans instead learn skills faster, in Genesis this is not important.

So either humans need higher base stats (but enough to end mid-range of races, not on high-end, aim is jack of all trades, not master of all trades), or maybe they get xp bonus and can grow overall faster.
Rangers have almost only humans :P

And humans are suppose to not "excell" at anything, alltho I believe they should be able to focus with more points via meditation than other races beeing the jack of all trades kinda thing

Alteor
Adventurer
Posts: 95
Joined: 23 Nov 2017 03:45

Re: Boost humans stats

Post by Alteor » 08 Jan 2018 19:45

the rangers I know are all elves, or hobbits.

maybe rangers I don't know, are humans.

Exception I believe is Dorrien, that is Dunedain, and last I saw him in-game he was trying to join the rangers (but didn't had joined yet).

But the group called "Dunedain of the North" in ME lore, I am sure have zero active Dunedain in it. (or humans, for that matter, to invite to join the Dunedain)

Alteor
Adventurer
Posts: 95
Joined: 23 Nov 2017 03:45

Re: Boost humans stats

Post by Alteor » 20 Jan 2018 17:52

Here again...

Just further proof this is very needed:

As I am getting stronger and seeing stronger teams of veteran players, I noticed that seemly most Calians and most Dragonarmy are Goblin... (there are some exceptions here and there, usually other STR races for Dragonarmy, and DEX races for Calians, for example a bunch of Kenders in Calian guild).

Even RPing as human now is becoming harder, sometimes people ask me ICly why I am human... it is very immersion breaking and hard to RP about it. I think now 6 or 7 people told me already in-game that I should abandon Dunedain guild and become Goblin.

Drazson
Expert
Posts: 262
Joined: 24 Jan 2016 21:27

Re: Boost humans stats

Post by Drazson » 20 Jan 2018 18:55

You can always answer IC to such people and act like they are utterly retarded when they propose that you died to change race. I am not sure how much overall +% each race has (if you subtract the -% of course) but I think it's not dead even, 0. Gaining exp at a different rate is a no-no, but maybe there's a point in having them get a +2-3% in every stat? Whatever the other races have as an overall/6 anyway.

Alteor
Adventurer
Posts: 95
Joined: 23 Nov 2017 03:45

Re: Boost humans stats

Post by Alteor » 20 Jan 2018 22:48

If stats people pasted on discord are correct, all races have around 660 in total stats when they are on the level humans are 100 in everything. (thus humans total 600).

Exception is gnome, 670

So if all races were balanced, they are all already 10% stronger than humans.

Then some races have stupidhigh stats in some specific areas, like Hobbits having more than double of humans Dex, or Goblins overall physical stats summing up to 440 while humans sum to 300, thus they are 46% better than humans in physical combat.

The difference is just absurd.

The stats Goblin have the biggest disvantage is discipline, that when reaching myth-levels is often useless, they can still attack most enemies, and very few specials rely on discipline. Maybe if physical guilds all had a way to force low-DIS players to raise panic levels, but as far as I knwo this is not a thing.

Zugzug
Veteran
Posts: 232
Joined: 20 May 2017 15:25

Re: Boost humans stats

Post by Zugzug » 20 Jan 2018 23:02

This has been discussed a gazillion times, humans are the most versatile race, and you are saying that versatility should be free. It should not.

Sure, it would be nice to have an uber-race that would not only be allowed into pretty much every guild (that matters) and also be able to compete in every field with every other "specialized" race. For fans of that particular race.

Alteor
Adventurer
Posts: 95
Joined: 23 Nov 2017 03:45

Re: Boost humans stats

Post by Alteor » 20 Jan 2018 23:17

Zugzug wrote:This has been discussed a gazillion times, humans are the most versatile race, and you are saying that versatility should be free. It should not.

Sure, it would be nice to have an uber-race that would not only be allowed into pretty much every guild (that matters) and also be able to compete in every field with every other "specialized" race. For fans of that particular race.
Except humans right now are NOT versatile.

All guilds prefer people from other races, stats-wise.

The exception is racially-themed guilds, and even then you see funny stuff (like Dunedain of the North guild have zero dunedain in it, or the amount of non-humans in knights and so on).

For example Goblins are considered inherently evil by most characters (including if I remember correctly, Gamalus, that let Goblins inside Gelan only after telling them he doesn't trust them), Calians out of anti-racism tolerate goblins presence... but Calians being almost goblin-only guild shows something is broken...

User avatar
Shanoga
Wizard
Posts: 166
Joined: 03 Mar 2014 13:03
Location: US West

Re: Boost humans stats

Post by Shanoga » 21 Jan 2018 00:55

Alteor wrote:
Zugzug wrote:This has been discussed a gazillion times, humans are the most versatile race, and you are saying that versatility should be free. It should not.

Sure, it would be nice to have an uber-race that would not only be allowed into pretty much every guild (that matters) and also be able to compete in every field with every other "specialized" race. For fans of that particular race.
Except humans right now are NOT versatile.

All guilds prefer people from other races, stats-wise.

The exception is racially-themed guilds, and even then you see funny stuff (like Dunedain of the North guild have zero dunedain in it, or the amount of non-humans in knights and so on).

For example Goblins are considered inherently evil by most characters (including if I remember correctly, Gamalus, that let Goblins inside Gelan only after telling them he doesn't trust them), Calians out of anti-racism tolerate goblins presence... but Calians being almost goblin-only guild shows something is broken...
Earlier in this same thread you said that Calians have "a bunch of kenders". Which of your points of view better supports your opinion?

Alteor
Adventurer
Posts: 95
Joined: 23 Nov 2017 03:45

Re: Boost humans stats

Post by Alteor » 21 Jan 2018 01:16

Shanoga wrote:
Alteor wrote:
Zugzug wrote:This has been discussed a gazillion times, humans are the most versatile race, and you are saying that versatility should be free. It should not.

Sure, it would be nice to have an uber-race that would not only be allowed into pretty much every guild (that matters) and also be able to compete in every field with every other "specialized" race. For fans of that particular race.
Except humans right now are NOT versatile.

All guilds prefer people from other races, stats-wise.

The exception is racially-themed guilds, and even then you see funny stuff (like Dunedain of the North guild have zero dunedain in it, or the amount of non-humans in knights and so on).

For example Goblins are considered inherently evil by most characters (including if I remember correctly, Gamalus, that let Goblins inside Gelan only after telling them he doesn't trust them), Calians out of anti-racism tolerate goblins presence... but Calians being almost goblin-only guild shows something is broken...
Earlier in this same thread you said that Calians have "a bunch of kenders". Which of your points of view better supports your opinion?
Earlier on I explained Calians are mostly goblin, and sometimes kender, humans being a rare exception.

Of the Calians I've seen active, I remember seeing 1 human, 1 elf, 5 goblins, 2 kenders.

Seemly kender calians can dish out lots of damage due to very high dex, while goblins in general are good for both DPS and tanking.

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/