View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 17 Aug 2018 00:26

Forum rules


- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.



Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Publicy accessible mercs jobs board 
Author Message
Veteran

Joined: 24 Jan 2016 21:27
Posts: 213
The herbalism thing I wouldn't be able to fathom as a Merc. That's an errant, not a job for a mercenary.


25 Jan 2018 17:03
Profile
Wanderer

Joined: 18 Jul 2017 19:31
Posts: 72
I'll pay a merc for herbs soon. starting to run low on my hoard from when I was a merc.


25 Jan 2018 20:04
Profile
Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2017 06:07
Posts: 87
Location: Studying spell scrolls
This can, in a way, be traced back to a different thread that suggested a reverse AH where people could list what they wanted. The idea wasn't limited to mercenaries. Maybe both could be implemented? Merc board for things like "help me with x quest" and a reverse AH for things like "get me this item".


25 Jan 2018 21:00
Profile
Adventurer

Joined: 23 Nov 2017 03:45
Posts: 95
well... a mercs board is simple to do... boards are not hard to implement.

people wanting other stuff is overengineering things when wizards are already strained in what they can do.


25 Jan 2018 21:16
Profile
Rising Hero

Joined: 27 Jun 2011 13:20
Posts: 371
Luma wrote:
This can, in a way, be traced back to a different thread that suggested a reverse AH where people could list what they wanted. The idea wasn't limited to mercenaries. Maybe both could be implemented? Merc board for things like "help me with x quest" and a reverse AH for things like "get me this item".


viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4169

This one pretty please!


25 Jan 2018 21:26
Profile
Rising Hero
User avatar

Joined: 29 Feb 2016 19:51
Posts: 318
Location: Everywhere
mallor wrote:
Trust me, mercs are not useful for tanking or DPSing, not nearly as other guilds that do it much better.
Mercs pale in comparison to AA tanking, I'm not even mentioning Neidars, miles away from them.
Mercs pale in comparison to BDA/RDA/Calians/Knights DPSing.
They were really designed to run as lone wolves to be sufficient at everything to survive solo, but not good enough at anything specific to be an asset to a team.
Are you suggesting that the wizards should support meta-gaming over role playing?
Disgusting.

_________________
Chillin
[-_- ]
Click here to become a pupil of my Brute! It's really cool, I swear.


26 Jan 2018 09:36
Profile WWW
Rising Hero

Joined: 27 Jun 2011 13:20
Posts: 371
Melarec wrote:
Are you suggesting that the wizards should support meta-gaming over role playing?


Where did I say that?

Melarec wrote:
Disgusting.


When people jump to conclusions, sure is.


26 Jan 2018 12:25
Profile
Rising Hero
User avatar

Joined: 29 Feb 2016 19:51
Posts: 318
Location: Everywhere
mallor wrote:
Melarec wrote:
Are you suggesting that the wizards should support meta-gaming over role playing?
Where did I say that?
mallor wrote:
Main problem with mercs is that they are very versatile, but aren't really powerful enough to be an asset to the team, especially in modern Genesis, where you need to dish out DPS, or GTFO, because you're slowing down team progress.
Not just here, but several times I've seen you and others mention how people only want the highest DPS and the best tanks.
"No point in teaming with anyone else" is one I've heard more than a couple times..
You're all running the numbers instead of playing a game.

Correct me, please, if I am wrong, but it seems that you're opposing the idea of a Mercenaries' job board with no argument other than that mercs have no place in a team.
The idea makes sense, from an RP perspective, and your argument stems from meta-gaming theories..
So, as I asked before, are you suggesting that the wizards should support meta-gaming over role playing?
Because it certainly seems that way to me..

_________________
Chillin
[-_- ]
Click here to become a pupil of my Brute! It's really cool, I swear.


26 Jan 2018 21:58
Profile WWW
Wanderer

Joined: 18 Jul 2017 19:31
Posts: 72
I don't see him suggesting things to wizards in this thread. he argues against a merc board because he's sad no one hired him from the old one. he says he won't hire one because they won't help on his team? WELL....fine. they didn't want to team with him anyway.

don't bait the Mallor, you know he'll bite, just let it be for now.


26 Jan 2018 22:53
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.