Karkadelt's Duel Amulets

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alteor
Adept

Karkadelt's Duel Amulets

Post by Alteor » 01 Feb 2018 20:21

There are a couple quests that require maximum size.

Also, people might want to have same size when dueling.

I think it would be nice if Karkadelt sold normal (ie: not autoload) amulets that let you go to a specific size, that works at least in Calia and Tyr

This way people can for example go down in size to do Firedome, or to fight "fair" duels in Tyr. Among other uses...

Maybe would even spark more use of Firedome, as teams would be easy to form up. Maybe evne see if Firedome allow player vs player teams :)

Drazson
Titan

Re: Karkadelt's Duel Amulets

Post by Drazson » 01 Feb 2018 20:42

I tried 2-3 different ways of approaching this message, but the only thing I can think of is "entitled af" or "offensive". Anyone older and wiser (even if you deem thus yourself :P )? I could be quite wrong.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 01 Feb 2018 22:17

Sure, as long as its only downwards, becomming bigger than you are cause of an amulet is horribly silly.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Feb 2018 01:08

Hmm. Being able to use the amulet so you can do a quest you missed because you accidentally grew too big might be a pretty good idea. Although I wonder if there are a bunch of side-effects and potential abuses from allowing the amulet to be used outside Sparkle...?

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 02 Feb 2018 02:11

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Toferth
Wanderer

Post by Toferth » 02 Feb 2018 03:46

Isn't it easier to just unlock that quests for all? :)

So what if it's walk in the park..

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 03 Feb 2018 22:52

Cherek wrote:Hmm. Being able to use the amulet so you can do a quest you missed because you accidentally grew too big might be a pretty good idea. Although I wonder if there are a bunch of side-effects and potential abuses from allowing the amulet to be used outside Sparkle...?
Perhaps when wearing the amulet, the player is unable to gather any combat or general xp? As far as I've heard, quest xp is not scaled according to size. That should help reduce it from being abused and would limit the attempts to try and abuse it. Thoughts?

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 04 Feb 2018 01:06

Toferth wrote:Isn't it easier to just unlock that quests for all? :)

So what if it's walk in the park..
Yes. Why complicate things unnecessarily with an amulet? Just open the size-restricted quests. The drawback to doing them late would be you look and feel silly. No harm to anyone.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 04 Feb 2018 03:09

That ignores the second reason stated in the OP's question. Sparing. It wasn't just about questing it was also about using the amulet to even size between two people so they can spar on equal footing.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 04 Feb 2018 03:41

Alteor wrote:There are a couple quests that require maximum size.
Cool. Reach maximum size and complete them, nobody stops you. I don't think the game was designed so that you absolutely can't grind without that quest xp in particular. I would understand a discussion of grinding xp being a slogfest and maybe toning it down from, idk legend to myth, but what you are proposing is obviously different.
Alteor wrote:Also, people might want to have same size when dueling.
Cool. Reach maximum size and have same size. Again, since you aren't specifically talking about ubersuper myths (which is a sensible conversation and has been a thing in these forums quite extensively), I understand that you are just whining "I haven't put the work required to become big but I wanna!".
Alteor wrote:I think it would be nice if Karkadelt sold normal (ie: not autoload) amulets that let you go to a specific size, that works at least in Calia and Tyr
Specific size upwards is utterly incomprehensive, an "I wanna!" thing again. Downwards could make sense but you are asking for people to be denied their (non-ubersuper myth) size by force?
Alteor wrote:This way people can for example go down in size to do Firedome, or to fight "fair" duels in Tyr. Among other uses...
Alteor wrote:Maybe would even spark more use of Firedome, as teams would be easy to form up. Maybe evne see if Firedome allow player vs player teams :)
I don't know what Firedome is after those 3-4 years I'm playing but anyway. If it's quest related or fun-related sure. However, it would be nasty if people went at that place to have whatever fun you can have in a firedome and others, not wearing amulets, just murdered them for being so complacent and dropping their size willingly. And people WILL do that and it will be quite fair. It makes no real sense forcing their size down, I would assume "Firedome" is not orc fortress protecting newbies from the wide world.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/