labeling Avenir packs

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
sylphan
Veteran

labeling Avenir packs

Post by sylphan » 26 Jan 2018 03:18

Apparently the labeling protocol for Avenir packs has changed. Now you cannot refer to a pack with a single word, apparently? All names must include an underscore followed by the category of pack it is (e.g., wackyname_scrip)? How irritating! How inconvenient!

Syrk
Rising Hero

Re: labeling Avenir packs

Post by Syrk » 26 Jan 2018 03:34

No.Mine works.
Probably bug. Maybe will go away with Armageddon with others.
Other one: you can not cross bridge north from sign in Edoras as you are getting exhausted immediately.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 26 Jan 2018 19:12

Yes, this is happening unfortunately.
More details can be provided after armageddon.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 26 Jan 2018 20:37

one way to get around this (at least that's what I do) is to do it in 2 steps.
1) name your scrip/knapsack/pouch as something_scrip
2) create a nickname in genesis to address that, so <nick scrip1 something_scrip>

that way you can do <get item from scrip1> instead of the longer name with underscore

In fact, if Avenir packs are getting an update, perhaps adding table view would be an option? It is extremely handy with the likes of soft backpacks from green oaks, makes me wonder why all packs can't have that.

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 26 Jan 2018 21:26

Zugzug wrote:one way to get around this (at least that's what I do) is to do it in 2 steps.
2) create a nickname in genesis to address that, so <nick scrip1 something_scrip>

that way you can do <get item from scrip1> instead of the longer name with underscore

In fact, if Avenir packs are getting an update, perhaps adding table view would be an option? It is extremely handy with the likes of soft backpacks from green oaks, makes me wonder why all packs can't have that.
yes please! I love table view!

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 28 Jan 2018 02:43

Unfortunately after armageddon my packs changed names too.
It is very inconvenient as now many of my aliases stopped working.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 28 Jan 2018 04:28

Syrk wrote:Unfortunately after armageddon my packs changed names too.
It is very inconvenient as now many of my aliases stopped working.
Yeah I keep discovering new ones that I forgot. Big pain to convert everything but ZZ's suggestion helps in actual game life.

Ckrik
Wizard

Post by Ckrik » 28 Jan 2018 20:53

Raelle wrote:
Zugzug wrote:one way to get around this (at least that's what I do) is to do it in 2 steps.

yes please! I love table view!
Earthsea backpacks and most other containers have table view. I'll look into adding labeling to all of our containers. Seems like that's an often requested feature.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 28 Jan 2018 23:14

Ckrik wrote:Earthsea backpacks and most other containers have table view. I'll look into adding labeling to all of our containers. Seems like that's an often requested feature.
That would be phenomenotastic!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/