Ease of Use Suggestions (from a new player)

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Shanoga
Wizard

Re: Ease of Use Suggestions (from a new player)

Post by Shanoga » 14 Jul 2018 17:41

Arman wrote:Hey, I think so too! How many other admin do we need to press gang, I mean convince, to have a quorum for change?
Not an admin, but call me press ganged.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 14 Jul 2018 18:08

Sadly, I kind of believe Genesis's inertia will somehow prevail despite having faith in y'all hatters.

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 15 Jul 2018 09:49

Hello Bim!

Nice name you have. Only one letter from perfection!

And a nice post.

Welcome to Genesis! :)

Slyde01
Beginner

Post by Slyde01 » 23 Oct 2018 16:53

As a new player, i totally don't mean this as a slight in any way, but im just really curious...

What was the reasoning to have items magically disappear off of a person? It seems to go against everything i know about RPGing and adventure games.

I'm still a newbie on tutorial isle so this hasn't affected me yet, but if im lucky enough to find a magic item in the days ahead, it would drive me to drink if i logged in to find it lost.

I know there is some kind of rack system that i am still learning about, but it just doesn't seem like a player should have to go thru hoops to keep their stuff on them. For a game thats striving for 'reality', having items just disappear seems to go against that.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 23 Oct 2018 17:37

Slyde01 wrote:As a new player, i totally don't mean this as a slight in any way, but im just really curious...

What was the reasoning to have items magically disappear off of a person? It seems to go against everything i know about RPGing and adventure games.

I'm still a newbie on tutorial isle so this hasn't affected me yet, but if im lucky enough to find a magic item in the days ahead, it would drive me to drink if i logged in to find it lost.

I know there is some kind of rack system that i am still learning about, but it just doesn't seem like a player should have to go thru hoops to keep their stuff on them. For a game thats striving for 'reality', having items just disappear seems to go against that.
The point was simply to have it act like normal life, and have people form allegiances to share items and help protect them :-)

BUT ... It has changes since then. All items save now. (except a few clothes or such)

Slyde01
Beginner

Post by Slyde01 » 23 Oct 2018 17:56

ah, so now magic items save as well?

That has changed since this post was originally written?

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 23 Oct 2018 19:22

Slyde01 wrote:ah, so now magic items save as well?

Yes, this was updated a few weeks ago, but after this thread had started. There is a post on the COMMON Board, also mirrored here:

https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... 557#p42475

Slyde01
Beginner

Post by Slyde01 » 23 Oct 2018 20:03

Shanoga wrote:
Slyde01 wrote:ah, so now magic items save as well?

Yes, this was updated a few weeks ago, but after this thread had started. There is a post on the COMMON Board, also mirrored here:

https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... 557#p42475

Awesome to know, thanks.

As a new player, i was very surprised that wasnt the case, so im glad to know that its no longer an issue.

I dont know if such a thing would have STOPPED me from continued playing, but i certainly would have considered it a detriment to my continued enjoyment.

Daerin
Apprentice

Post by Daerin » 24 Oct 2018 07:29

Back in the days Armageddon (reset) was every 24h or so and the guilds used to have eq-runs organized for post arma run... First they had to save the rack and then if there were a lot of members awake you either teamed up to go for the special items or you split up in smaller groups to try to be the first to specific NPCs and then meet up for a sweep of all the eq in the game.
It was a bit of a competition between the guilds almost for who managed to get first to a NPC with the powerful item and if you couldnt get the first you tried to come back for the reboot.

Some times people even started in inns near by a area with plenty of eq so they would get there faster.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 24 Oct 2018 13:43

Sometimes an uptime was an hour.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/