View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 24 Mar 2019 13:53

Forum rules


- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.



Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Ease of Use Suggestions (from a new player) 
Author Message
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2014 13:03
Posts: 159
Location: US West
Arman wrote:
Hey, I think so too! How many other admin do we need to press gang, I mean convince, to have a quorum for change?

Not an admin, but call me press ganged.


14 Jul 2018 17:41
Profile
Veteran

Joined: 24 Jan 2016 21:27
Posts: 247
Sadly, I kind of believe Genesis's inertia will somehow prevail despite having faith in y'all hatters.


14 Jul 2018 18:08
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: 06 Mar 2010 14:39
Posts: 209
Location: Behind your back
Hello Bim!

Nice name you have. Only one letter from perfection!

And a nice post.

Welcome to Genesis! :)

_________________
As an explorer, you have done enough to retire.


15 Jul 2018 09:49
Profile
Beginner

Joined: 15 Oct 2018 16:38
Posts: 19
As a new player, i totally don't mean this as a slight in any way, but im just really curious...

What was the reasoning to have items magically disappear off of a person? It seems to go against everything i know about RPGing and adventure games.

I'm still a newbie on tutorial isle so this hasn't affected me yet, but if im lucky enough to find a magic item in the days ahead, it would drive me to drink if i logged in to find it lost.

I know there is some kind of rack system that i am still learning about, but it just doesn't seem like a player should have to go thru hoops to keep their stuff on them. For a game thats striving for 'reality', having items just disappear seems to go against that.


23 Oct 2018 16:53
Profile
Rising Hero
User avatar

Joined: 16 Nov 2014 23:10
Posts: 346
Slyde01 wrote:
As a new player, i totally don't mean this as a slight in any way, but im just really curious...

What was the reasoning to have items magically disappear off of a person? It seems to go against everything i know about RPGing and adventure games.

I'm still a newbie on tutorial isle so this hasn't affected me yet, but if im lucky enough to find a magic item in the days ahead, it would drive me to drink if i logged in to find it lost.

I know there is some kind of rack system that i am still learning about, but it just doesn't seem like a player should have to go thru hoops to keep their stuff on them. For a game thats striving for 'reality', having items just disappear seems to go against that.


The point was simply to have it act like normal life, and have people form allegiances to share items and help protect them :-)

BUT ... It has changes since then. All items save now. (except a few clothes or such)


23 Oct 2018 17:37
Profile
Beginner

Joined: 15 Oct 2018 16:38
Posts: 19
ah, so now magic items save as well?

That has changed since this post was originally written?


23 Oct 2018 17:56
Profile
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2014 13:03
Posts: 159
Location: US West
Slyde01 wrote:
ah, so now magic items save as well?

That has changed since this post was originally written?

Yes, this was updated a few weeks ago, but after this thread had started. There is a post on the COMMON Board, also mirrored here:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4557#p42475


23 Oct 2018 19:22
Profile
Beginner

Joined: 15 Oct 2018 16:38
Posts: 19
Shanoga wrote:
Slyde01 wrote:
ah, so now magic items save as well?

That has changed since this post was originally written?

Yes, this was updated a few weeks ago, but after this thread had started. There is a post on the COMMON Board, also mirrored here:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4557#p42475



Awesome to know, thanks.

As a new player, i was very surprised that wasnt the case, so im glad to know that its no longer an issue.

I dont know if such a thing would have STOPPED me from continued playing, but i certainly would have considered it a detriment to my continued enjoyment.


23 Oct 2018 20:03
Profile
Beginner

Joined: 04 Aug 2018 17:32
Posts: 21
Back in the days Armageddon (reset) was every 24h or so and the guilds used to have eq-runs organized for post arma run... First they had to save the rack and then if there were a lot of members awake you either teamed up to go for the special items or you split up in smaller groups to try to be the first to specific NPCs and then meet up for a sweep of all the eq in the game.
It was a bit of a competition between the guilds almost for who managed to get first to a NPC with the powerful item and if you couldnt get the first you tried to come back for the reboot.

Some times people even started in inns near by a area with plenty of eq so they would get there faster.


24 Oct 2018 07:29
Profile
Titan
User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2010 01:05
Posts: 535
Sometimes an uptime was an hour.

_________________
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks


24 Oct 2018 13:43
Profile YIM
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.