PK Warning

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ridire
Novice

PK Warning

Post by Ridire » 05 Sep 2019 09:26

It might be a good idea to make it clear in one of the files for newbies on the homepage that this is an active, unrestricted PK MUD. I thought I was safe in Sparkle City -- turned out I wasn't.

Arman
Wizard

Re: PK Warning

Post by Arman » 05 Sep 2019 09:46

Hi Ridire,

Under 'help rules' (covered in tutorial chapter 43) it does talk about player killing that is worth being aware of. While it is allowed, it isn't unrestricted.

Sparkle does have some safe spots that is worth being aware of... such as the Church and (I believe?) the new Sparkle Inn.

A.K

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: PK Warning

Post by Cherek » 05 Sep 2019 12:21

Ridire wrote:
05 Sep 2019 09:26
It might be a good idea to make it clear in one of the files for newbies on the homepage that this is an active, unrestricted PK MUD. I thought I was safe in Sparkle City -- turned out I wasn't.
Newbies being randomly killed in Sparkle isn't very common so you must have been quite unlucky, unless you angered someone by your own actions?

But yes, Genesis _is_ a dangerous world and there are very few safe rooms, but Sparkle has the most of them. The church and the pub at the docks as Arman mentioned, and also the auction tent in the town centre. They are all good places to hang out in if someone is trying to kill you, or if you need to leave the keyboard and don't want to disconnect.

And yes, we could probably be more clear about the dangers of the Genesis world on the website and/or in the tutorial, definitely a reasonable suggestion and something to put on the to-do list.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/