Evil cities

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arman
Wizard

Re: Evil cities

Post by Arman » 22 May 2020 08:54

It is a tough roleplaying dilemma for the knights.

They were the grand protectors of law and order in Solamnia, but could do nothing to stop the darkness when the Cataclysm hit. They are widely reviled by the people they were honour-bound to protect, to the point where many families of knights were killed in peasant revolts and their castles brought to the ground.

The Lord of Palanthas honours the role of the knights as protectors of Solamnia, however until the rise of the Golden General and the return of good dragons the general citizenry are largely cool towards them. It would be hard going for the knighthood to recruit militia here. It was hard enough for the knights to negotiate provisions for the knights stationed at the High Clerist Tower.

And if i were a knight, I wouldn't be wandering the streets of Palanthas at night without being fully armed and armoured... it wouldn't take much for a mob to be incited to lynch them.

So what should a knight do? I guess what they always do. Follow their Oath and Measure.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 22 May 2020 17:30

So if I read all this correctly, the right solution is to do as I suggested - make alignment electable. THEN, over time, add a prestige-like system to all guilds to ensure 'proper' behaviour?

As to qualinost elves - sure, they are pretty 'good', but they aren't very plentiful (relatively), resulting in few kills. As alignment is only affected by the actuall kill, qualinost elves hardly makes a dent for an 'evil team' who has been killing trolls for too long and need adjustment.

I guess this is what happens when you go blind looking at numbers and spend too little time out in the field. We kill qualinost elves for experience, not alignment. When fixing alignment the best way is to go somewhere mobs are small so that one get lots of quick kills. The dwarf camp nearby is much more effective in this endeavour.

Either way, if changes are made in order to make life more miserable for 'evils', make sure you provide a proper fix BEFORE making the changes. Stear clear of the 'promise to fix' and then years go by. (See foreversave vs undull).

Truth be told, I'd rather kill 'good' mobs all day, but the reality of it all is that after reaching a certain size, you need to kill 'everything' for the game to be big enough. More grinds for both alignments need to be present.

Now, if the fix to special attacks (can't be bothered to link the thread) is prioritized and implemented, each kill should take a lot longer effectively making the game larger and subsequently reduce the need for 'bad rp'-killing. I'll add that an adjustment to a global xp-modifier is neccessary, or we're looking at a 'fanta a month'

Also, simply expanding existing grinds (like adding a floor or two to GK, making the terel trolls' caves larger, expanding fangorn or simply make ents spawn in more rooms etc etc will also aid in reduced need for 'bad rp-killing and can be implemented with relative ease.

Ready the game first, please.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 22 May 2020 17:43

nils wrote:
22 May 2020 17:30
As to qualinost elves - sure, they are pretty 'good', but they aren't very plentiful (relatively), resulting in few kills. As alignment is only affected by the actuall kill, qualinost elves hardly makes a dent for an 'evil team' who has been killing trolls for too long and need adjustment.

I guess this is what happens when you go blind looking at numbers and spend too little time out in the field. We kill qualinost elves for experience, not alignment. When fixing alignment the best way is to go somewhere mobs are small so that one get lots of quick kills. The dwarf camp nearby is much more effective in this endeavour.
This might be the truth for you, I cannot tell.
It might be it takes some time to go down to damned again... I figure the numbers diminish the further down you go.

It just isn't the experience I have when going there.
If you go there as holy, the amount of kills you need to go below neutral are very few.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 22 May 2020 20:19

Thalric wrote:
22 May 2020 17:43
nils wrote:

It might be it takes some time to go down to damned again... I figure the numbers diminish the further down you go.

If you go there as holy, the amount of kills you need to go below neutral are very few.
I honestly can't tell if you are just trolling or what..
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 22 May 2020 23:00

Right, I'm the troll... says the damned drow about it being too easy to become evil.
I don't understand why you even have an opinion on this?
Do you fear too many good-aligned players will come to a neutralized Kabal and steal the XP from your underlings?
...or du you just prefer the obvious tendency to favor evils over goodies?

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 23 May 2020 00:09

Thalric wrote:
22 May 2020 23:00
...or du you just prefer the obvious tendency to favor evils over goodies?
And here I was convinced the obvious tendency was to favor goodies.. I guess I stand corrected.
Feels good to be favored!

You're complaining over the fact that evils have it easier on the -one- part they actually do due to the very nature of being evil, while completely overlooking all the other aspect of the game that are the complete opposite. Did anyone say Calia.. ?

No? Must be just me who can't see how evils are favored.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 23 May 2020 06:17

Amberlee wrote:
22 May 2020 20:19
Thalric wrote:
22 May 2020 17:43
nils wrote:

I honestly can't tell if you are just trolling or what..

Hate people arguing without facts, so here is what Qualinesti elves do to your alignment from holy.

Qualthas
holy->saintly
ONE Qualinesti elf
saintly->devout
ONE Qualinesti elf
devout->sweet
ONE Qualinesti elf
sweet->sympathetic
ONE Qualinesti elf
sympathetic->trusthworthy
ONE Qualinesti elf
trustworthy->neutral
ONE Qualinesti elf
neutral->neutral(evil side)
ONE Qualinesti elf
neutral->untrustworthy

22 rooms of 3 elves is 66 elves. More than Terel trolls(12x3+1), slightly less than Mithas(24x3+regenerations).
I don't know how many Ents there are, or how many Huorns spawn.
Ofc Dark elves and Ghastly keep have more, but they're in the neutral zone.

I wouldn't claim there are relatively few elves(and they have nice loots)

I will return later with numbers on my progress to Holy. Don't wait up.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 23 May 2020 09:00

Alisa.
1. You are wrong about the numbers.
2. To go from damned to holy you can do that oh so quickly in the barrows even as a smaller character, just like you get from holy to damned in Drakmere very fast as a smaller character. To be honest those places are even better when you are big as alignment does not care about brute.
3. I am aware of how scared you guys are of evils and the only way your crew can ever get a kill is by using cheats and abuses, but quit trying to get everything evil nerfed.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 23 May 2020 09:05

Amberlee wrote:
23 May 2020 09:00
Alisa.
1. You are wrong about the numbers.
2. To go from damned to holy you can do that oh so quickly in the barrows even as a smaller character, just like you get from holy to damned in Drakmere very fast as a smaller character. To be honest those places are even better when you are big as alignment does not care about brute.
3. I am aware of how scared you guys are of evils and the only way your crew can ever get a kill is by using cheats and abuses, but quit trying to get everything evil nerfed.
Dude. Which numbers am i wrong about?
Give facts, not random accusations about lying.
Elves.. It's logged right before i posted. With Alisa. And i've just reached agreeable after 3 hours grind.

Getting to holy in non-regular grinds for me(myth) will be logged and numbers posted later. I need to get to holy first, in regular grind for that number.

Take that shit to the flames, or give proper feedback, like you complain about others.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 23 May 2020 12:19

No.
I am not wasting more words than I have to on you.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/