Evil cities

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zhar
Wizard

Re: Evil cities

Post by Zhar » 27 May 2020 03:58

I can already see the outrage if gk and mithas mobs get to be damned. I see no problem in making gk super evil, they are undead after all, but it would still cause outrage. With trolls I'm not entirely sure how evil they are.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 27 May 2020 12:47

I don't think we can just radically shift the grinders from their current position without shooting ourselves in the leg, That...is short-sighted.

If we truly wish to ensure that the competition can't use our grinder, then we must create new ones, in a balanced fasion, to replace the lost xp-footprint. This is not done overnight.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 27 May 2020 21:01

Or we just introduce the stat cap finally and the entire discussion about align and grind spots is moot :twisted:

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 27 May 2020 21:48

1. See current top avg.
2. Add a ~5% to that number.
3. Set hard cap at the result.
4. ???
5. Profit.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 27 May 2020 22:38

Drazon / Zhar: I don't think making grinding completely useless after a certain point would in any way be benefical to the game, so that's not likely to happen. Besides, it would only solve the align issues for the mega myths, but imbalances in align and grinding areas are obviously a concern at lower levels too. Perhaps an even bigger concern since many of the best myth areas are actually neutral, or close to. For example in the hero-champion range you definitely have more grinding options as an evil player than you have as a good player.

Poultry
Apprentice

Post by Poultry » 27 May 2020 23:15

Cherek wrote:
27 May 2020 22:38
Drazon / Zhar: I don't think making grinding completely useless after a certain point would in any way be benefical to the game, so that's not likely to happen. Besides, it would only solve the align issues for the mega myths, but imbalances in align and grinding areas are obviously a concern at lower levels too. Perhaps an even bigger concern since many of the best myth areas are actually neutral, or close to. For example in the hero-champion range you definitely have more grinding options as an evil player than you have as a good player.
Might I just add to this: Most evil grindzones for players that size (Kalaman, Kabal, Haven dwarves) are human, and so you can put on a bandana and grab some darkness and really do quite well, whereas most evil grinders for that size are draconians or orcs or trolls--and they all see in the dark. Moreover, humans have no magic resistance at that size (as a rule), while draconians are immune to fire.

It's not just an issue of access, but also difficulty.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 28 May 2020 01:22

Goodies shouldn't be fighting in the dark anyway. I cringe every time I see a Ranger running around in darkness (my own Ranger char has used darkvision spell exactly 0 times).

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 28 May 2020 10:39

Zhar wrote:
28 May 2020 01:22
Goodies shouldn't be fighting in the dark anyway. I cringe every time I see a Ranger running around in darkness (my own Ranger char has used darkvision spell exactly 0 times).
A knight i could understand.

A Ranger? Makes no sense in my world, they are not supposed to be honorable fighters. Their role in Genesis seems to be easy targets for Morgul Mages.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 28 May 2020 11:55

Rangers kinda already use darkness with their blind anyway, But historically darkness has always been seen as an "evil" way to fight in Genesis. Knights used to be forbidden to fight in darkness (maybe they still are)?, and I think perhaps other goodie guilds had/has similar rules?

Poultry: Yeah, I know. That's also an edge for the evils. I don't wanna sound "goodie-biased" in this discussion, but I think most of us already agree that it IS better to be evil/neutral to grind, on all levels. Question is, should it be?

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 28 May 2020 16:04

How many endgame grinders are goodaligned?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/