Assisting

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Drazson
Titan

Assisting

Post by Drazson » 26 Aug 2020 13:23

Hello all,

Triggers for specials, looting and assists are something we all use.
I've lately realized that my assisting problem does not plague just me, so I thought I'd post here.

I trigger off allies attacking, turning, joining battle, many things. Generally, if someone starts combat in a non-stardard way and I realize that I don't assist, I find the message and add it to the already big regex. However, eventually adding lunges and whatnot means that I sometimes may proc assist more often than I'd like, an spamming ain't nice. People have bypassed that issue by setting a timer on their next assist proc all the time. Apart from all that, there is a problem which I pinpoint at the transition between enemies when one dies. If you assist right after you or an ally kill something the game tells you your team is not combat, despite that being untrue and you seeing attacks back n forth right after your assist failed. To avoid that, we generally use some kind of setTimeout to assist, essentially giving the game the time to realize we are actually in combat. [And, no, it's not because the tank did not attack the entire room.]

Suggestion: Since we can only try to tinker and fool the game mechanics (like the setTimeout approach), we will probably do very random things on our own. Can we get some kind of option to auto-assist? <options autoassist on> or maybe a team setting? Anything that can be core, provided by the game, while keeping the assist command for manual use if need be (PvP scenarios I guess).

TL;DR: We all use triggers for combat, and I find assisting mechanics to have some issues and us messing with silly timeouts and spammy triggers to fix it. Can we get more of a core solution to this?

P.S. We do not trigger out combat it in order to be afk or anything, it is just a burder to use battack manually after the 999999999999th time. The excitement of re-using your special and awaiting its results eagerly will hardly last. Same for assisting, I don't want to let my allies down when we're grouped to supposedly assist eachother and start assisting mid-fight or something. And it's not that easy to see always, my log runs like Bolt in teams at this point.

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Re: Assisting

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 26 Aug 2020 16:29

completely agree with everything said
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 26 Aug 2020 16:39

Cater to even more robotics and make it even easier to be idle in teams?
No.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 26 Aug 2020 18:07

Make Genesis easier?
No
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 26 Aug 2020 19:32

Making triggers go off in particular times because something bugs out is not the quintessential Genesis experience.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 26 Aug 2020 22:58

Why not make specials fire automatically as well?
Or why not just allow full on robotics so the game becomes something akin to Idle Heroes?
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 27 Aug 2020 03:35

Amberlee wrote:
26 Aug 2020 22:58
Or why not just allow full on robotics so the game becomes something akin to Idle Heroes?
If you think grinding npcs in particular is all there is in the game, then I understand your point completely. I will not into it further, my suggestion is made. About the specials being auto-ed... it's been suggested as well in the past and of course it makes sense in my opinion. It is automated anyway, you just need to make the triggers (you are ready to... or settimeout 10 seconds... or whatever), just not for all guilds equally clearly.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 27 Aug 2020 10:42

Drazson wrote:
27 Aug 2020 03:35
Amberlee wrote:
26 Aug 2020 22:58
If you think grinding npcs in particular is all there is in the game, then I understand your point completely. I will not into it further, my suggestion is made. About the specials being auto-ed... it's been suggested as well in the past and of course it makes sense in my opinion. It is automated anyway, you just need to make the triggers (you are ready to... or settimeout 10 seconds... or whatever), just not for all guilds equally clearly.
The automated specials was in fact tested and it worked well.
Too well.
So it was removed.
The issue is this, things like you suggest only encourage more robotic behaviour.
This is something I don't believe the admin wants and honestly in this I would fully agree with them too.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 28 Aug 2020 06:35

Amberlee wrote:
27 Aug 2020 10:42
The issue is this, things like you suggest only encourage more robotic behaviour.
This is something I don't believe the admin wants and honestly in this I would fully agree with them too.
I don't have an opinion on automating assist. I enjoy messing with triggers sometimes, but I can understand why many people wouldn't. But either way, people who want to be robots find a way. It's not like it's hard to find triggers out there. If you really want to discourage botting, you'd need to make growth much less dependent on mindless grinding. I mean, whether you're running all on triggers or paying attention and adjusting things manually, to grow requires pretty robotic behavior. This is the cause of botting, not the presence or absence of auto-assist.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 28 Aug 2020 12:23

sylphan wrote:
28 Aug 2020 06:35
Amberlee wrote:
27 Aug 2020 10:42
I don't have an opinion on automating assist. I enjoy messing with triggers sometimes, but I can understand why many people wouldn't. But either way, people who want to be robots find a way. It's not like it's hard to find triggers out there. If you really want to discourage botting, you'd need to make growth much less dependent on mindless grinding. I mean, whether you're running all on triggers or paying attention and adjusting things manually, to grow requires pretty robotic behavior. This is the cause of botting, not the presence or absence of auto-assist.
Does not mean it has to be catered to.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/