Hobbit Race Guild Suggestion - Gollums

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arc
Greenhorne

Hobbit Race Guild Suggestion - Gollums

Post by Arc » 04 Feb 2021 00:23

Hobbits are currently lacking an evil race guild. I find this rather unfair, so here's my suggestion for one(maybe not full evil, as Gollum had a few redeeming moments, but like drow there would be more evils than goodies).

The Gollums would be a new hobbits only race guild, located in a cave within the misty mountains. I realize that "Gollums" is not a great name, but it's the only one I could come up with that made sense. After all, the original Gollum's real name was Smeagol, Gollum is just the nickname he got because of his gross cough. If all other Gollums had the same cough, them all having the same nickname would make sense.

The guild's item would be more or less a discount ring of power, that provides no benefits besides turning you into a hunched over, obsessive little creep. You could either just get it upon joining the guild(boring, but simple and easy), or perhaps you would have to find it hidden away someplace, much like Smeagol(well, actually Deagol) found the original ring in the silt at the bottom of a river. The ring wouldn't do anything if you wore it, but if you traveled through the Misty Mountains while wearing it, you would "feel a dark force pulling you" that leads you through a secret path through the mountains into the guild hall, where you could join the guild and become a wretched, hacking Gollum.

If you have any opinions, or suggestions, feel free to let me know them.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/