Email link on homepage

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kjartan
Beginner

Email link on homepage

Post by Kjartan » 12 Feb 2021 03:16

Hey Cherek!

Not sure if it’s the right spot (didn’t see where homepage related things belong to).

Another bug: the Email link on the page in the footer is currently quite useless. If you click it then it opens a new email with no “To” address. I’m on my phone right now, so can’t look if the address is missing (or for spam prevention supposed to be generated on click) or whatever, but it’s for sure not working as intended.

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Email link on homepage

Post by Cherek » 12 Feb 2021 13:35

Kjartan wrote:
12 Feb 2021 03:16
Hey Cherek!

Not sure if it’s the right spot (didn’t see where homepage related things belong to).

Another bug: the Email link on the page in the footer is currently quite useless. If you click it then it opens a new email with no “To” address. I’m on my phone right now, so can’t look if the address is missing (or for spam prevention supposed to be generated on click) or whatever, but it’s for sure not working as intended.
The links at the bottom are sharing links, not a way to email us. So you can share the link to Genesis on Facebook, Twitter or by email. So, it does work like intended. However.... it should probably be made clear what does buttons at the bottom actually do. It's understandable that you, and others, probably assumed they were links to our FB, Twitter and a way to email us.

Kjartan
Beginner

Re: Email link on homepage

Post by Kjartan » 12 Feb 2021 14:14

Ohhhh… Okay, I get it now. But you should definitely somehow make it more obvious that those are meant for sharing. Sometimes I just make weird mistakes, but yeah in this case I really think the sharing intention is too far of a stretch to get it in the first place.

Maybe just a share button? Which when clicked shows the trio to choose from? If you want to keep it JS free don’t worry about that (because crazy stuff is doable without any JS and I’m willing to help). But it would look a bit empty (it looks nicer the way it is currently). At least if it would be just an icon + “Share“. Maybe share icon + “Tell your friends about Genesis” (it would look at least less empty).

Or maybe put them all visually in a “Share” container (sounds simpler and still nice, but maybe tricky to get it really looking nicely).

Or: Button is just “Share” and a select/radio box for the platform? But doesn’t sound like it could look well.

Hm…

Maybe it’s just the location where those are located? I maybe didn’t expect Sharing stuff in the footer.

Normally I guess I wouldn’t even bother, but the page is really great so even tiny things matter.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/