Autohunting vs Autotracking

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Dan
Adventurer

Re: Autohunting vs Autotracking

Post by Dan » 08 Apr 2021 11:36

Kvator the log went:

archer dodges, dodges hits BDA (suffering), dodges dodges , hits BDA (terrible hurt) ... BDA flees, in hmm 3 seconds.

So yes, he was better than us.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 08 Apr 2021 11:44

Dan wrote:
08 Apr 2021 11:36
Kvator the log went:

archer dodges, dodges hits BDA (suffering), dodges dodges , hits BDA (terrible hurt) ... BDA flees, in hmm 3 seconds.

So yes, he was better than us.
Yup, game is way more 'random' nowadays thank to most recent changes. For example I can finish GK room with 4 undeads in fwv just to struggle in the next one with 2 undeads (and end it in bad shape).

Isn't that exciting?

Dan
Adventurer

Post by Dan » 08 Apr 2021 11:45

Not really when the entire fight took 4 seconds.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 08 Apr 2021 11:45

Kvator wrote:
08 Apr 2021 11:29
Dan wrote:
08 Apr 2021 11:17
As i said Chanele, said archer managed to slay a myth doing exactly that, and after 15 days of investigation got the usual 'no its fine, nothing illegal there'..

3 huge BDA players vs that one archer, and he almost ganked 1 of us, backstab style hard in 2 big hits on one target, then with the super tracking followed the fleeing guy who we couldnt keep standing to heal as well, the super white hits from hell almost got him. Funny was we thought we were the one hunting him :)

I gave up genesis shortly after.
Is there a tiny possibility that this archer might be just a bit better in pvp than you or few other BDA players?
I by no means claim to be a good pvp:er but I had to constantly move in big circles to get away. He found me anywhere on plains within seconds, that my friend is not skills it is automatic behaviour.

So yes, high skill tracking is broken combined with illegal hunting triggers.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 08 Apr 2021 11:54

Dan wrote:
08 Apr 2021 11:45
Not really when the entire fight took 4 seconds.
ok, looking at this log and it's actually a bit different from what you are describing :)

Dan
Adventurer

Post by Dan » 08 Apr 2021 12:03

Nice, you have the log, it has miliseconds on the left side?

Would love to have the part where the archer is autohunting the BDA who almost died. coz the archer found him several times on the plains in mere seconds,.

In my log it was exactly 4 seconds between first hit (suffering) and second hit (VBS i can see now but a heal came thru)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 08 Apr 2021 12:49

Dan wrote:
08 Apr 2021 09:44
So howcome 1 specific archer is allowed to do just that ? and have been doing so for years and even slew a player 2 weeks ago and yet the AoP says 'no that is fine'

I've had said archer follow me from north of abanisian to verminaard to dwarven outpost in matter of seconds, and every1 knows he's using autohunt yet its deemd ok.

Seems we're playing under double standards here,.
First of all, this is the first time I've heard of this personally, since I don't get AoP mails, so I can't answer for them. However, the rules are very clear about this, like I said in my earlier thread. It's definitely illegal to automate it, regardless if you use autotracking or the standard autohunting-triggers. Using triggers or scripts to instantly hunt someone IS illegal, it's very clear in tyhe rules.

I can't comment on that specific case, though, or why it was not deemed illegal. Perhaps it could not be proven? Like I said before, proving it is sometimes hard unless you have very clear evidence in forms of timestamped logs or catch someone in action. I am only speculating now, though, as I don't know any specifics about that particular case.

I have reached out to Mirandus regarding this, though, just to make sure we are on the same page regarding that rule.

Zedex
Beginner

Post by Zedex » 08 Apr 2021 13:14

Chanele wrote:
Kvator wrote:
Dan wrote:
08 Apr 2021 11:17
As i said Chanele, said archer managed to slay a myth doing exactly that, and after 15 days of investigation got the usual 'no its fine, nothing illegal there'..

3 huge BDA players vs that one archer, and he almost ganked 1 of us, backstab style hard in 2 big hits on one target, then with the super tracking followed the fleeing guy who we couldnt keep standing to heal as well, the super white hits from hell almost got him. Funny was we thought we were the one hunting him :)

I gave up genesis shortly after.
Is there a tiny possibility that this archer might be just a bit better in pvp than you or few other BDA players?
I by no means claim to be a good pvp:er but I had to constantly move in big circles to get away. He found me anywhere on plains within seconds, that my friend is not skills it is automatic behaviour.

Oh ffs, just accept you suck at pvp. And yes he is that good without any autohunt. I've been at the end of his stick and barely survived even before changes. And no I wasn't autohunted. How do you imagine autohunting when he is not in same room as you and trigger cant log direction. Tracking have a cooldown. And those accusation from all of you are just pathetic, honestly. I at least can accept harsh truth that I'm not good enough. You can't.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 08 Apr 2021 13:23

Zedex wrote:
08 Apr 2021 13:14
Oh ffs, just accept you suck at pvp. And yes he is that good without any autohunt. I've been at the end of his stick and barely survived even before changes. And no I wasn't autohunted. How do you imagine autohunting when he is not in same room as you and trigger cant log direction. Tracking have a cooldown. And those accusation from all of you are just pathetic, honestly. I at least can accept harsh truth that I'm not good enough. You can't.
I agree with most of this post ofc, but at sup guru tracking have no/minimal cooldown ;) so it's possible to do autohunt variation based on it

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 08 Apr 2021 13:58

Zedex wrote:
08 Apr 2021 13:14
Chanele wrote:
Kvator wrote:

I just told you how to use the almost zero CD tracking to make a hunting trigger?
My experience was before the changes to white damage also, it is not a hunting trigger per se but the end result is using triggers to hunt someone.

I do not know why you sound so upset about this...I even started my note poiting out I am not the best pvp:er. However I am pretty good at running but this perticular player had tricks to overcome that.

Go back and hug your friend now.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/