Events

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Bromen
Champion

Events

Post by Bromen » 19 Mar 2010 23:38

Need more events. Weekly or monthly... anything! Send out messengers when it's happening, post notes when we should reasonably expect it. Heck, have petros log on, post a note saying "I have 1000 golden pyrites, come find me if you can!" and we could have a hunt.

Bring back the Easter monster.

-B for "Bored" lol

petros
Site Admin

Re: Events

Post by petros » 19 Mar 2010 23:42

Considering I sit in my workroom all day, I could do that, but you'd never find me. :lol:

Have you considered mailing Stern? He does not check these boards and he is the Arch of Events, after all. He tends to start events when people start donating enough rubies in the museum. He must not be happy with the donation level these day. He did lose his biggest donor recently.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 20 Mar 2010 03:43

petros wrote:Considering I sit in my workroom all day, I could do that, but you'd never find me. :lol:

Have you considered mailing Stern? He does not check these boards and he is the Arch of Events, after all. He tends to start events when people start donating enough rubies in the museum. He must not be happy with the donation level these day. He did lose his biggest donor recently.
Not sure if you refer to me or not in that. I know I used to be his largest donor. Apologies rest of Genesis for not being active anymore. Events were some of my favorite things to do... especially the ones that anyone could finish or win something, not just the ones who had loads of time on their hand.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 20 Mar 2010 04:44

I really enjoyed those events where you had to trade with others. The stamp event was the best one in my book, even though it rewarded nothing. The tree events are nice in their own way (for example, they allow me to participate while I idle), and they give something useful to the guild. The butterfly event was nice too, chasing and exchanging butterflies.

It is kind of rare, I like events where I either need to stay at the guild or where I need to run around all realms, since those are the two things I do the best. However, whenever awareness is necessary, I am turned off. Also, in cheap events like having to tag or egg people. Or scavenging hunting, I find it unnecessarily taxing.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 20 Mar 2010 04:56

I love the scavenger hunt other than the 50 random items that are dropped. Anyone can participate and it really helps people get to know the game better.

The Eggshard event is another personal favorite of mine. Finding the shards wasn't awareness based like finding the eggs to throw at people was, and it offered some interesting trade perspectives to pop up and got the community in general working together.

Trutblemma
Adventurer

Post by Trutblemma » 20 Mar 2010 11:42

Yes, The egg shard event was really fun. I wonder if Homestar has gotten over the glue poisining yet? :mrgreen:

It was actually an event that made me give life to Emma (along with not being totally happy with Codric) It was the stew pot (?) event. It started dec 27-2006. It was a real boost to see Emma's name on the reward list, she found a strange carrot and tossed it into the pot :) I guess that hooked me on events. Later on there was the tooth event, I remember being so proud for finding 13 !!! different kind of teeth. Quite surprising to see how many different species there are on the donut :D
//Emma's overseer

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 25 Mar 2010 09:18

Whats the cost of an event?

Say I want the orcs to attack sparkle again... how much would something like that cost in gems?

-b

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 25 Mar 2010 09:48

bromen wrote:Whats the cost of an event?

Say I want the orcs to attack sparkle again... how much would something like that cost in gems?

-b
Million black diamonds.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/