Smith Stamp = Props for Gathering the Goods..

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Are you a stamper fan?

Great Idea - I would like to see this implemented as soon as someone can get to it.
8%
Nice Idea - Its one to consider for the future but not at the top of the list.
42%
Idea needs more work - I think there is a better way.
8%
Not something I would be interested i
42%

Total votes: 12

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Smith Stamp = Props for Gathering the Goods..

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 16 Apr 2010 11:56

Don't think I am revealing anything I shouldn't when I say smiths can mark stuff they make.
Many of you will have probably seen an armour at one time with "It is marked with X's mark" on it?
This stops others from being able to sell it, and lets you know who the creator was.
So if you see a pair of bracers in the rack with Rhynox or Earth's mark on them you might go for those ahead of less well known smithy..

You can also mark any armour you find including magical, but can't mark most magic weapons...
So when I am equip hunting I often mark all the armours I gather with my mark to let my guildmates know who got it.
Armageddon clears all the marks..
If I could mark weapons as well I probably would not think more of it but be happy with my wicked cool skillz..

But not everyone is a smith..
So I was thinking it would be UBER if a smith could make a stamp that anyone can use.
The stamp would save for an armageddon or two but not be ever lasting.
Giving each guild a reason to have a smith around. (or employ ones services from time to time)

The stamp could say whatever the smith wanted up to a max # of words.
They can use |name| to include the stampers mark (name) in the text...

So stamps could be left in the racks anyone could grab it and stamp an armour.
A smith could remove a stamp but it should take maybe 10 minutes and be exhausting to prevent mass fraud...

Examples of stamps:
"Donated by |name|."
"|Tarax|'s wares, the Auction House's finest! Send me your requests.."
"Donated for the great good/evil, you decide..."
"Property of the Angmarim! Just like you are!!"
"Property of the Knighthood, Forged by |name|."
"Gathered by |name|."
"Pillaged by |name|!"
"Restricted use! Contact Armoury Master."
"Free use, Grinding Encouraged!"
"Tessto likes elves, FEED ME!!!"
Plus whatever people come up with and a smith commits to metal...

So you see on examining
EG exa armour blah blah blah
The item is stamped: Donated by Tarax

Maybe room for 2 stamps on each piece.
Stamps last thru armageddon if possible.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Rhynox
Titan

Re: Smith Stamp = Props for Gathering the Goods..

Post by Rhynox » 18 Apr 2010 04:18

Marking magical armours is a bug, we shouldn't be able to mark any magical item at all. And other smiths can remove the mark anyways.

Reminds me of a trick I used to use: I killed in the karg camp, and put all the loot together in a room, marking each of the item with the smith mark. Then came a team, picked everything, and went to the shop to sell. However, they weren't smith, so they couldn't sell, and dropped everything in the room. I would later hit the shop, remove the marks and sell. It was back when the smiths were layman and we were few, and Rhynox was still titan or so and couldn't carry that much loot, so I let others do the work for me (^_^)

Elita
Apprentice

Post by Elita » 18 Apr 2010 04:39

Reminds me of a trick I used to use: I killed in the karg camp, and put all the loot together in a room, marking each of the item with the smith mark. Then came a team, picked everything, and went to the shop to sell. However, they weren't smith, so they couldn't sell, and dropped everything in the room. I would later hit the shop, remove the marks and sell. It was back when the smiths were layman and we were few, and Rhynox was still titan or so and couldn't carry that much loot, so I let others do the work for me (^_^)

HAHAHAHA!!! Awesome... god how funny! :D :mrgreen:

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 19 Apr 2010 11:13

Elita wrote:

HAHAHAHA!!! Awesome... god how funny! :D :mrgreen:
Brilliant, devious dwarf!

Marking anything you don't forge yourself is maybe against the point of the mark...
But it is great in a guild knowing who is out there busting their chops gathering all the gear.
So I would rather see the "bug aka feature" extended to magic weapons as well..

I am really surprised there are not more people interested in this idea.
For the don't care people, why not?
I know in some guilds there are people who take the racks for granted, not care who brings the gear just happy to use it.
Others maybe not sharing equipment with others having their own drops..
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/