ME - 5 in 1 guild

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Creed

Re: ME - 5 in 1 guild

Post by Creed » 22 May 2010 20:16

And while we're at it, lets make all the guilds have 1 guild room each, all entering out into the same "roundabout".

Then we can stop wasting time, and genesis will consist of 8 locations in all.
To get xp we would have to kill eachother..

Doesn't that just sound great?! :roll:

Maizara

Post by Maizara » 22 May 2010 22:09

Creed wrote:And while we're at it, lets make all the guilds have 1 guild room each, all entering out into the same "roundabout".

I.... LOVE IT

Chamdin
Wanderer

Post by Chamdin » 23 May 2010 21:02

Creed wrote:And while we're at it, lets make all the guilds have 1 guild room each, all entering out into the same "roundabout".

That roundabout being a Newbie safe location of course ;-)

Hehehe I could shout rude comments all day long..'smirks'

Beware of the newbies....

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 24 May 2010 15:38

Uh, I didnt mean bring Knights and Neidars together. I only meant that with DAs really. With other guilds I mean that alliances (player controled, but code-supported) could be created. So if say Neidars and Knights decided to ally themselves they could get:

* alist - A way to see which alliance mambers are awake.
* asend <item> to <guild> - a way to send items to the other guilds. Probably only working in a specific room in your guild. For instance using some type of caravan/wagon/transport ship, so that you as a Neidar can send over your runed falchion to the knights, even if no knight is awake. "A wagon arrives, the driver drops of a runed falchion and continues on his way."

And of course, allied guilds would be bound to eachother in a war. I'd like to see a "declare war" / "declare peace" command too. So if knights declare war on AAs and are allied with Neidars, the too automatically declare war. Also, in the Krynn war system allied guilds would share control of areas, and share possible future benefits for controling areas.

Well, those were the basics in an "alliance" system. I didnt mean neither closing or combining any guilds physically. (except the DAs, and any other guild that share a very common theme, if there are any? I cant think of one right now..). Perhaps rangers, if they still have different branches? maybe they stopped having that a long time ago?:)

I see no reason to close more guilds as it probably would do more harm than good after all... even if I do think we have too many OCC guilds now. Calians and PoTs seem as active to me as any other guild by the way.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 24 May 2010 17:35

I'm all for sending caravans with equipment, but only if opposing party has a chance to ambush said caravan and fight the guards to get to the good stuff (similar to the caravan in Terel).
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 24 May 2010 18:27

Rhaegar wrote:I'm all for sending caravans with equipment, but only if opposing party has a chance to ambush said caravan and fight the guards to get to the good stuff (similar to the caravan in Terel).
Then it would be useless to implement since alliances would just deliver things manually instead of risking it dont you think? Why risk handing over a runie to your enemies?

The point was to make it easier to _safely_ share equipment between alliance members instead of having to walk to the other guild. Its not hard to do it manually, but this would just be a tiny bonus feature for alliances.

Make them feel more like friends even if there are no actual players around. And super-easy to code. Even I could do it. :) Well... after asking Mercade a ton of questions atleast... and copy-pasting some code... and spending a week doing it... Hmm, just asking Navarre or Petros or someone to do it in 5 min might be better.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 24 May 2010 19:08

I'm a lazy bastard. I'd rather risk runie being lost by sending it via caravan, than walk to another guildhall :)
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 27 May 2010 10:53

amberlee wrote:Firstly i would close Calians.
Because Calians are a mostly dead guild and also a guild which is dependant on other people to actually function..
And with the low population count in genesis today.. Is this really a necessary guild?

Second I would bring the axe to PoT.
Also mostly dead guild, and evil already have a very functionable caster guild.
Strange...
I felt as if the Calians where having a bit of a revival of late.
I have seen a team of 5 running about together which is quite a scary amount given their abilities and a decent amount of them running around frequently.
The PoT also was recently described to me as the most active evil guild atm, as they usually have around 3 members online.

I don't think we have a great need for more guilds.
I would be reluctant to close any guild if it has any active members.

All I would think of changing in ME guilds would be the rangers when recoded, give them an option to fight dirty like they currently do or fight in a more knightly fashion. I am thinking of when Faramir did the switch between ranger to knight of Minas Tirith, Aragorn also seems to do something similar. Make the two have some equipment requirements/restrictions.. Like no tower shields or metal boots when sneaky mode. The rangers being the home of all the ME goodies but with extra flavours to choose between. And fix the problem of inactive/uninterested leaders stopping graduating pupils from moving into the flavour they want to..

The mode would have to be chosen before heading out from the guild.
So when they are out grinding if the dirty tricks is un-necessary they can go for more toe to toe fighting damage.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 27 May 2010 11:12

Tarax the Terrible wrote: And fix the problem of inactive/uninterested leaders stopping graduating pupils from moving into the flavour they want to.
Last I checked the apprentices have a certain problem with being active at all. At least the active ones never seemed to have a problem getting to their full Ranger benefits in a quick and RP'ing fashion.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 27 May 2010 11:37

Laurel wrote:
Tarax the Terrible wrote: And fix the problem of inactive/uninterested leaders stopping graduating pupils from moving into the flavour they want to.
Last I checked the apprentices have a certain problem with being active at all. At least the active ones never seemed to have a problem getting to their full Ranger benefits in a quick and RP'ing fashion.
hehe I can just see Laurel walking around in the Pippin like Minas Tirith gear...
Regarding that comment, I had heard via the rumour mill it was almost impossible for new rangers to join RoN.. Apologies if I was misinformed.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/