Wiz Days..

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Wiz Days..

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 02 Jun 2010 15:08

When was the last?
When is the next?

Hektorday where people teamed up outside of normal RP/Grudges is the closest thing to a wizday I can remember for a long time.
Would be good to have a full on wizday soon.
Lots of chaos, and a chance to see very large teams stomping around killing Balrogs and other crazy stuff..
Maybe suspend the discipline check or give everyone a +supreme dis badge for the duration of the event so all can take part in the beatings?
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Rhynox
Titan

Re: Wiz Days..

Post by Rhynox » 03 Jun 2010 05:56

Tarax the Terrible wrote:When was the last?
When is the next?

Hektorday where people teamed up outside of normal RP/Grudges is the closest thing to a wizday I can remember for a long time.
Would be good to have a full on wizday soon.
Lots of chaos, and a chance to see very large teams stomping around killing Balrogs and other crazy stuff..
Maybe suspend the discipline check or give everyone a +supreme dis badge for the duration of the event so all can take part in the beatings?
I remember one several years ago where Torwin and Kachina turned goblins and joined the gladiators (and borrowed money from Shiver to train their skills), people could leave their guilds and join others (if accepted, of course, during wizday) and at the end of the weekend everything was restored. I believe that was in 2002-2004 (Kachina was still active and the mages were already back).

The problem was that the mages didn't took the wizday as a wizday, so after it ended they hunted and killed people who attacked the nazgul, their entrance guards, used the secret entrance, etc. So, for the next wizday wizards decided they would not allow that freedom. The game would not be restored after the wekeend, but if you were killed by another character or an avatar, you would be transported back to Sparkle (or your racial starting point, can't remember). They added the XXXslayers weapons that would damage avatars quite a lot, but they were really big, so only a couple died. I battled Stern several times, but died because I fell into the well in Sparkle. Stern then wore a "Bringer of true death" title for a year.

They argued that wizdays gave away too many guild secrets (letting you join gladiators, learn their skills and test them, for example) and that some players could take the actions of others during it as offensive (imagine Holm battles taken outside it).

I will search for the logs once I am able to fix my computer (any heavy task like grepping through 3gb of logs freeze it), however I don't likely have the logs if it was during 2002 or 2003 (crashed the hd at the end of the year losing the full years' logs). However, I should have the last pseudo-wizday logs somewhere.

I doubt there will ever be another. You know, I wish there is one the week prior to Genesis closure for good, just like Tabula Rasa.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/