Quest xp brute reform

Offer up praise and thanks to players and wizards alike. Nothing like feel good moments to spruce up morale
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Recoba
Great Adventurer

Quest xp brute reform

Post by Recoba » 10 Aug 2010 09:53

Good move!

Very nice to see fixes like this, thinking about a larger future playerbase.

Kitriana
Champion

Re: Quest xp brute reform

Post by Kitriana » 10 Aug 2010 16:14

I still think the Event XP issue needs to be addressed.. is this considered Quest XP? or General XP? And if its General XP --- can it be lost through death? And if its Quest XP--- then whats the point of doing events if you're just going to get capped?

Kit's Player
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 10 Aug 2010 16:26

Do the events because they are fun to participate in?
Do the events because then you won't have to do all the other quests to reach the cap?
Do the events for the Xp, regardless of which type, it still adds to your mortal level?
Do the events because if some new quest opens up, then your follows the cap right away?
Do the events for the bragging rights by having a title added to your description?

Don't do the events if none of the reasons above appeal to you.
Balancing this game cannot be done without someone feeling like they got their sensitive toes stepped on, so just accept it, for the games greater good.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 10 Aug 2010 17:54

Well, if a new huge quest is included in the game, you get immediate benefits of your "event experience". Events are considered old quests (like the ones in the old Emerald and those quests that are no longer available now), so I don't see why it should be addressed in a different way as old quests.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 10 Aug 2010 18:12

Kitriana: Because you probably dont have done all the other quests? Since its most likely impossible to do alla quests (guru quests for instance)? And even if you have done them all you probably didnt get full xp reward for all quests you ever did?

If any of those are true, your event QXP should still be used to lowering your brute. If any other quest xp but those in the orbs count of course...

But I agree, there are many questions unanswered when this was introduced.

What about guru quests?
Does only XP from the available quests in the orb count, or can you fill up your cap with other types of QXP, like old now closed quests, or QXP from that extra multiplier?
What about market quests? They dont show in the orb, do they count?
What about Liwitch quests? They show in the orb but are they even open and solveable? Do they count?

I am still confused.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 10 Aug 2010 23:44

My biggest concern and I thank Kitriana for bringing it up but Gorboth helped answer it a little bit.

I address Cherek and Makfly here. I participate in the events mainly for the added quest experience, but also for the titles and I have fun doing them. As a player who has the slots on the quest orbs filled other than the Liwitch ones, which as far as I know are not open yet, it was a large concern for me that I had wasted countless hours for titles that were already gone, and old quest xp that would not be included in the cap. If gorboth overshot the cap to compensate for this then I have no qualms about the cap other than I think it is a knock to old players who have been around for 15 years and have those really old quests done.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 11 Aug 2010 03:09

^ This is how I feel after having forged over 100k items and notice I can buy better items at Bubba or other smiths NPC.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 11 Aug 2010 03:19

Rhynox wrote:^ This is how I feel after having forged over 100k items and notice I can buy better items at Bubba or other smiths NPC.

SHUT UP ABOUT THE DAMN SMITHS AND HOW YOU THINK YOU'VE BEEN SO WRONGED! :twisted:

We've all heard it from you a million times over. And while I appreciate a lot of good things you add to conversations -- THIS is not one of them. WE GET IT!
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 11 Aug 2010 03:41

It is my polite way of saying "Get over it, either cry and leave or shut up and stay," complaining from time to time to let people know there is something that still needs to be fixed ;-)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 12 Aug 2010 02:58

Numerous posts deleted. Lets stay on topic please.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/