Runeshield

Offer up praise and thanks to players and wizards alike. Nothing like feel good moments to spruce up morale
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: Runeshield

Post by Amberlee » 11 Nov 2010 17:42

Yea pretty much anihilated that PoT :p
As for the Runeshield.. Sure just remove it.. But give necros deathcoil back then atleast ;)
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 12 Nov 2010 03:21

:P I hate the fear spell more, since it can split teams. But I heard it acts pretty much like dragon spits, so it is a matter of picking up the team members until they all resist it. And runeshield is pretty cool, I don't really mind it as it is like the elemental shields (I think it is a bit better, though, but without the damage). About deathcoil, Ilrahil had some stuff to say about it, I saw it a few times but Neidar interaction with necromancers when they were new was pretty low as they were extremely powerful and kicked our ass fast enough to stand a battle. Even though you could die casting it, I am not sure how many actually have.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 12 Nov 2010 18:49

I'm just extremely worried that they are going to nerf the guild to absolute *#&* and its going to kill it. To be frank the useful spells that everyone in the guild uses are the ones that are rumored to be taken away. Runeshield and portals.

It bothers me that death coil was just straight removed. The spell was really cool, and you gathered bits of people's soul (Soulshards) from it. Those were the main component of runeshield.

Code: Select all

> The small jet-black orb contains no soulshards for the moment.
Unfortunately my haitus in vampires/Monks when I was not a necro I lost my saved soul shards. I used to have one of the balrog and Hektor in my orb that I kept for sentimentality.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 12 Nov 2010 19:48

Ilrahil wrote:I'm just extremely worried that they are going to nerf the guild to absolute *#&* and its going to kill it. To be frank the useful spells that everyone in the guild uses are the ones that are rumored to be taken away. Runeshield and portals.

It bothers me that death coil was just straight removed. The spell was really cool, and you gathered bits of people's soul (Soulshards) from it. Those were the main component of runeshield.

Code: Select all

> The small jet-black orb contains no soulshards for the moment.
Unfortunately my haitus in vampires/Monks when I was not a necro I lost my saved soul shards. I used to have one of the balrog and Hektor in my orb that I kept for sentimentality.

Didnt they nerf necroes a cupple of times before im im not mistaken ?

Just currious, cause i didnt know it was up for yet another turn..
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 12 Nov 2010 20:05

Guilds usually start pumped up and stay that way for several months until the first downgrade. Happened with the mercenaries, the angmarims, the clerics and the vampires. And with layman guilds, like minstrels, militia, necromancers, etc. That is what usually disappoints player, if it were the inverse way (start with a relatively low powered guild and start increasing it at the request of the members until the balance is achieved) it would be more pleasant for everyone.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 12 Nov 2010 20:28

Yeah but i mean, Nerf em anymore and they become warlocks, not necromancers..:)
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 12 Nov 2010 22:48

The guilds wraith form was removed soon after it was opened.

Death coil suffered its first nerf directly after it. With the first nerf of death coil, venomspike also was removed which made the target drunk. Apparently since some guilds can't function while drunk this was deemed unbalanced.

Soon after death coil and all offensive spells were removed.

Lightning was returned with a 30 second cooldown (approximately) and much weaker to where it does little damage.

And the guild died after that.

I believe its been nerfed 3 times since opening and I'm sure with the recode it will get it again.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Nov 2010 02:14

Yes, starting low and upgrading would of course be preferable. But when things get out of hand they need to be "nerfed", because the only other option would be to upgrade ALL other guilds of the same type which of course would be unrealistic.

I dont know that much of Necros, but they have quite a bunch of nifty abilities it seems still? I am not sure how much is allowed to share so I'll say nothing in detail. From my point of view, compared to most other layman guilds, they still offer quite alot.

Many layman guilds usually offer a special attack, or abilitiy. One. One only. The spellcaster ones offer a bit more, but still, they should be no more powerful than the regular laymans.

If necros or elementals (similar type of guild) have a combined amount of abilities that surpasses say the pirates dodge, the minotaurs charge or the thornlin jab in terms of "power", well, then they probably will be downgraded.

Besides, necros doesnt seem more "dead" than most layman guilds? There are quite a few layman guilds around so most will not have that many members I guess.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 13 Nov 2010 06:54

doesn't guild tax determine how many and how powerful the abilities of a guild can be? If so, it doesn't necessarily have to be balanced with other guilds abilities or lack thereof if they can grow exponentially faster than a member of the guild in question.

I remember back in 95-96 the vamps had a 50% tax or something...

when did guild tax become a non factor in balancing?

-b

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Nov 2010 07:05

I just assumed guild tax was pretty much out of the equation these days? Its was/is a seriously flawed system imho. Here's what you do. You grind yourself up to the size you want in a low-tax guild, then join the elite high taxed guild and voila, all the power you want. It was always a flawed system and even more so when it comes to PVP. Guild tax doesnt matter one bit there, and its in PVP we need balance the most.

Balancing guilds against eachother is by far a better model I think, and easier to accomplish since you only have to compare guilds against eachother, not factor in all possible kind of XP-gain scenarious as well. But I dont know how it works, maybe tax is a big deal still, but then why do they nerf or upgrade guilds at all? It would be much easier to just up or downgrade the tax?

So I am guessing its not a real factor anymore?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/