Runeshield

Offer up praise and thanks to players and wizards alike. Nothing like feel good moments to spruce up morale
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhynox
Titan

Re: Runeshield

Post by Rhynox » 13 Nov 2010 18:19

It is hard to balance guilds between each other. Why would you need to balance the Shadow Union and the mages if they will never fight? That is how guilds like mages and rangers, knights, neidars and dragonarmies, etc, are balanced. The problem arises when one of the guilds fight another that is not supposed to fight, that is when one of them shows to be extremely powerful.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Nov 2010 23:40

There is no "supposed to fight" in Genesis. Which is what I always liked. Anything can happen. Hence, we do need balance even between the Shadow Union and the Mages.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 16 Nov 2010 17:34

Ilrahil wrote:The guilds wraith form was removed soon after it was opened.

Death coil suffered its first nerf directly after it. With the first nerf of death coil, venomspike also was removed which made the target drunk. Apparently since some guilds can't function while drunk this was deemed unbalanced.

Soon after death coil and all offensive spells were removed.

Lightning was returned with a 30 second cooldown (approximately) and much weaker to where it does little damage.

And the guild died after that.

I believe its been nerfed 3 times since opening and I'm sure with the recode it will get it again.

Wraithform removal
Deathcoil nerf
venomspike removal
Deathcoil nerf
Deathcoil removal
Black Lightning nerf

Thats 6 nerfs actually.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/