New client & New players

Offer up praise and thanks to players and wizards alike. Nothing like feel good moments to spruce up morale
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Snowrose
Rising Hero

Re: New client & New players

Post by Snowrose » 20 Sep 2013 01:43

i tried the new client yesterday cause hubby has my laptop this week and it is awsome normally i use zmud specifically for numpad movment and maps this already has it all built in! so if im away from computer i can stll play gen without setting up a new z mud and no more typing h over and over in combat either! be nice if we could see enemy health too.

my only consern is the complication of the alias/trigger system be nice if there was a help file with instructions on commonly used alias/trigger tricks like coloring lines, or alias/trigger wildcard use i couldnt set up an alias to compare first %% with second %% cause i didnt know the wildcard syntax. or lc third ->l at %% corpse. -> l at third corpse

so workin on the phone app next ? ;) or at least make the health bars resize so they dont scroll off the tiny screen when i resize it to make it readable. maybe tie it to options screen width i generally set mine to 50 on phone apps. not sure if map/chat can be usable for phones conviently

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 07 Jan 2014 17:30

new client rocks! Can't remind more producitve (some prog so far :>) day at work in a looooooooooong time <3

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 07 Jan 2014 19:41

Kvator wrote:new client rocks! Can't remind more producitve (some prog so far :>) day at work in a looooooooooong time <3
Excellent! Now get back to work, and by that, I mean get to "fantastic progress" before clocking out!

;-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 07 Jan 2014 23:42

gorboth wrote:
Kvator wrote:new client rocks! Can't remind more producitve (some prog so far :>) day at work in a looooooooooong time <3
Excellent! Now get back to work, and by that, I mean get to "fantastic progress" before clocking out!

;-)

G.
Used it at home and it's awesome. Now if you can find a way to make it work on computers that can't run flash/java there's $$$$ in it for ya... :)

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 08 Jan 2014 00:14

Convert it to C# using monoproject perhaps? Platform independent, doesn't require additional runtime environments I believe. Maybe I could take a look at that when I'm done with what I'm doing now.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 08 Jan 2014 19:29

Manglor wrote:
gorboth wrote:

;-)

G.
Used it at home and it's awesome. Now if you can find a way to make it work on computers that can't run flash/java there's $$$$ in it for ya... :)
The Genesis Web Client should not require either Flash or Java.
It does however require Javascript and Websocket support from the browser.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 09 Jan 2014 02:58

cotillion wrote:The Genesis Web Client should not require either Flash or Java.
We're forced to use an old version of internet explorer, mandated by head office. That may be the bigger issue and the real problem behind it. Thanks for the input!

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 09 Jan 2014 09:22

Manglor wrote:
cotillion wrote:The Genesis Web Client should not require either Flash or Java.
We're forced to use an old version of internet explorer, mandated by head office. That may be the bigger issue and the real problem behind it. Thanks for the input!
Install Chrome?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/