What makes you wanna play Genesis?

Offer up praise and thanks to players and wizards alike. Nothing like feel good moments to spruce up morale
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tive
Rising Hero

Re: What makes you wanna play Genesis?

Post by Tive » 07 Oct 2013 19:44

Nothing?

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 07 Oct 2013 20:08

http://game.cardhunter.com/ or HoMMK are more boring and less boring stuff doesn't work at the office

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 07 Oct 2013 20:35

Laurel wrote:http://game.cardhunter.com/ or HoMMK are more boring and less boring stuff doesn't work at the office
HoMMK is all right ;) Want to join the pvp server i just joined (it started two days ago:P)?

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 07 Oct 2013 20:42

For me its more about the journy of the character.(aka Roleplaying)
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 07 Oct 2013 21:09

• Good guildmates
  • Joining a (new) guild, learning the ropes of a new role - always been one of my favourite aspects of the game
  • Finding out things I never knew existed - Even after many years I find nuggets here and there, that I never knew about
  • Persistent roleplaying opportunities
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 07 Oct 2013 22:15

Knowing I can log in without having to worry about bumping into Tive?

I'm joking! I'm joking!
G.

p.s. Am I? ;-)
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 08 Oct 2013 13:41

I've played gen on and off since 94-95 I go away then come back time and time again when mmos get grindy and rp is negative and people on the forums are constantly saying the game with 3-10 million players is dying. (i kid you not) and people in guilds with more population than all of genesis complain there is never anyone on...

I get on genesis and forage for an herb read its vivid description, chat with a new player and help them discover the varied lands and quests, read about the politics and changes. and realize after 20 years its still here and thriving. and i feel a sence of home. .....

of course after some time i start hearing the same things i hear in mmos why dont you level faster why dont you team more. I can power level you.... and I deside to take another break.... Yeah i got my quirks.

long and short i like helping others, I like chit chatting and rp, but i dont really like leveling or teaming. now the new interface helps a lot with the maps so i dont feel as ill when on follow, but it would be nice to have a clearer idea of what are good spots to level maybe a npc that can suggest places based on level stats n gear.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 10 Oct 2013 14:08

In no particular order:

Etanukar, Aimee, Celephias, Kas, Navarre, Fluffy, Hektor, Ydred, Draugor, Amberlee, Wolverine, Nellnight.

Some of the greatest people I've met in any setting. Hektor and Navarre (in a different form) were my two first friends in the Realms, back in 1996. It's all about the people, for me, and it always will be. Sure, guild abilities, conflicts, etc. are all important. But it's the long grinding sessions with 5-6 skype conversations going, drinking a single malt and having a blast that brings me back. No matter how good the graphics are in XYZ game, you can't beat the friendships. (Although playing D3 with Aimee and Etan was fun too :P)

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 10 Oct 2013 14:23

No!! Not Diablor 3!?!
its bad for you!
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Aimee
Wanderer

Post by Aimee » 10 Oct 2013 17:39

Why do I play Genesis?

The RP potential of this game is infinite. There is no limit to the possibilities of what one can do in the realms. Only their imagination limits them. Roleplay is one of the best things about these realms and something that I have always strived for.

What other game can you play a Kender who borrows items from a Morgul Mage, is attacked, and sneaks out and back into the room to taunt the Mage because he can't see you anymore. Or play a Knight who becomes a bloodguard without anyone knowing and then joins the Vampires after keeping the secret for months.

I remember a friend who joined the Knights, back in the days when being Knighted was a huge event, was Squired and Knighted by Eagledraco, only to then attack the then Grandmaster because he was in fact an "agent of Melkor". Talk about the long con and the forethought in planning that.

We still have people like this in the realms. I am literally terrified of Etanukar, and I know him outside the realms. His character frightens me. What other game can create that mixture of emotions.

Then there are the friends I have made in the realms. So many people I have visited and have become really good friends with in real life. I consider some of my genesis friends to be some of my closet friends and I am so thankful for the opportunity to have met them. I hope to meet more of those I have come to know in the realms.

I think the Graphics actually limit what a game can do. In Genesis there are no limits. I will always come back to this game. I have been since 1996 and I will until they kick me out.

Aimee
vita aeterna

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/