Unsung heroes....

Offer up praise and thanks to players and wizards alike. Nothing like feel good moments to spruce up morale
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Unsung heroes....

Post by gorboth » 27 Jan 2015 07:14

The idea is nice, but many years ago Genesis elected to stay (wisely, I believe) on the path of pure volunteerism on the part of wizards. We don't do this for money, but because we care and are invested for our own love of the game. Paying us to code is not a path we will be following.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 27 Jan 2015 08:16

Every so often genesis has a "funding drive" and they gove out these cool toroid brooches for people who donate.
maybe you can get a paypal riged up (if you dont already have one)for people who wish to donate and earn or upgrade thier brooch. Some people like to feel they are contributing in the game they love.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 27 Jan 2015 08:43

Yes, this is definitely something we could do. We have funds saved up from previous donation campaigns, which sit and wait for a need (new hardware, promotional expenses, etc.) But that need will never be wizard salaries. ;-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 27 Jan 2015 11:50

Gorboth -- I posted an idea in game.. but figure I would post it here too.

What about doing some kind of project with a programming class professor where its part of their class project? or an internship?
I'm sure some people would love to have that kind of volunteering or projects on their resume.

Or is Genesis Code not "current" enough in todays age to be relevant to students?
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 27 Jan 2015 19:07

Kitriana wrote:Gorboth -- I posted an idea in game.. but figure I would post it here too.

What about doing some kind of project with a programming class professor where its part of their class project? or an internship?
I'm sure some people would love to have that kind of volunteering or projects on their resume.

Or is Genesis Code not "current" enough in todays age to be relevant to students?
Oh, it would be a lovely idea. What it would require, though, is a lot of RL time invested with that RL professor to help them teach such a class. It would also require knowing such a professor.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 27 Jan 2015 19:37

hmm.. let me do some long term research :)
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/