Pick Your Poison

Offer up praise and thanks to players and wizards alike. Nothing like feel good moments to spruce up morale
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kwevin
Veteran

Pick Your Poison

Post by Kwevin » 16 May 2017 19:13

You wanna know what's funny? Twisted Insane says 'Shrooms, ecstasy, alcohol, and the weed, heroin, Overdosin', crystal-meth, pick your poison. But literally none of any of that, or anything else really, applies to me. Drugs, alcohol, tobacco, women, anything that anyone else would choose. Not even video games, really. Just Genesis. Genesis is my poison. Genesis is my poison.

Genesis is my fantasy, my alternate world. When I get stressed, I log on. When I get bored, I kill some orcs, or do a quest. I am more me in Genesis than I am in real life. Wizzies, thanks for making my go-to. You've succeeded in this game. And thank you, Lars.
Alea iacta est. Serius regredi est.

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Pick Your Poison

Post by gorboth » 16 May 2017 21:42

Golly - !

I'm so glad the game is there for you in the way it is, Kwevin. I think most of the long-time players of Genesis have, at one time another, felt the way you do: that excitement for this wonderful alternative to the hamster wheel of RL, where you find yourself daydreaming about what your character was doing yesterday, and what they will do when you get home and can log in again. It has been the bane of many college GPA's and perhaps even some RL job performance ratings, but hey ... poison ain't the healthiest stuff, right? ;-)

Keep on keepin' on, and don't forget to go to the grocery store from time to time. *tease*

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kwevin
Veteran

Post by Kwevin » 16 May 2017 22:11

gorboth wrote: I'm so glad the game is there for you in the way it is, Kwevin.
G.
Thing is, it's not just a game. It's the other players I am around, too. That being said, I've seen a lot of drama in game, not to mention complete stupidity, but for the most part, the player base makes the game better. So, thank you all (wizards, longtimes, newbies, and everyone else) for making this game fun.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 16 May 2017 23:01

Drama, in Genesis?? Heh ... ask any old player for drama and they will sit you down and tell you about 50 stories from the 90's. Most of us have fallen into the stupid and dramatic category at one time or another.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kwevin
Veteran

Post by Kwevin » 16 May 2017 23:06

Fair point. But I get enough of drama in high school, I don't want that leaking into my game.

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 16 May 2017 23:28

You aint seen drama till someone takes a Myths grinding spot kills. Blood fueds have been started for less.

Kwevin
Veteran

Post by Kwevin » 17 May 2017 15:25

Oh? Usually they don't mind when I take their loot. Then again, maybe they appraise me, and see I'm a stoopid noobee. Never been above adept lol

Boreaulam
Wizard

Post by Boreaulam » 18 May 2017 19:44

If job disturbs you from playing Gen... find another job

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 18 May 2017 23:33

Actually this is so true. Im a social worker and mother of 4 in real life. Its so great to leave it all behind and go into this fantasy world :) i do have a lot of complains now and then, about the balance situation and other things i would like to improve, but we should not forget that we can play this game because of the help of all these wizards who puts a lot of time in this game :)

and thanks Kwevin for pointing this out here!
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Luma
Adept

Post by Luma » 16 Aug 2017 09:09

gorboth wrote:Golly - !

I'm so glad the game is there for you in the way it is, Kwevin. I think most of the long-time players of Genesis have, at one time another, felt the way you do: that excitement for this wonderful alternative to the hamster wheel of RL, where you find yourself daydreaming about what your character was doing yesterday, and what they will do when you get home and can log in again. It has been the bane of many college GPA's and perhaps even some RL job performance ratings, but hey ... poison ain't the healthiest stuff, right? ;-)

Keep on keepin' on, and don't forget to go to the grocery store from time to time. *tease*

G.
My daily meditation: imagining myself as Luma experiencing things in full color waking up and doing the usual. Also how I get to sleep.

Can there be some kind of in-game memo pad I can use? I really need one:

Buy new waterskin in Sybarus
Do some quests lazy bones
Hunt something
Pester other magi about spells
Buy a new herb pouch in gont

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/