Congratulations Jacaar!

Offer up praise and thanks to players and wizards alike. Nothing like feel good moments to spruce up morale
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Drazson
Titan

Re: Congratulations Jacaar!

Post by Drazson » 23 Dec 2017 08:36

Syrk wrote:Elemental Clerics. Located somewhere in Calia. It substituted Spirit Circle of Psuchae. Same people, different name.
Damn, they really felt special. Theme/previous members remained to keep it awesome or nay?
Edit: I guess they needed a fix or they wouldn't get one so congratulations on that indeed! :)

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 23 Dec 2017 10:11

Drazson wrote:
Syrk wrote:Elemental Clerics. Located somewhere in Calia. It substituted Spirit Circle of Psuchae. Same people, different name.
Damn, they really felt special. Theme/previous members remained to keep it awesome or nay?
Edit: I guess they needed a fix or they wouldn't get one so congratulations on that indeed! :)
The SCoP needed to be moved over to the new magic system... they were the last occupational guild not on it (excluding the hybrids, like rangers). Jaacar took the opportunity to not just convert it over but do a thematic recode too... and the outcome is pretty cool :)

It was a lot of work. After coding it has actively been in balance review since 1 June... over six full reviews, with half-a-dozen beta testers providing data and intel, and a lot of work to get it to a point where I was happy to approve it. Jaacar deserves a lot of praise not just for the work he did but his persistence. The beta testers also deserve kudos for their stress testing. A great team effort!

A.K

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 23 Dec 2017 10:46

Good to hear. I hope the previous SCoP are equally happy about their guild as well and it sounds like they should be! Still occ+lay slot or changed to work (along with worshippers) as the Order of the Dragon does?

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 24 Dec 2017 12:33

It is a great work.

So with a spyglass an Elemental Cleric can see if a BGM respawned in the room and if did, teleport instantly and snatch it, dragon or not.

Even without spyglass one has practical monopoly on an npc/item of choice.

Great spells for the chosen ones.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 24 Dec 2017 13:10

Syrk wrote:It is a great work.

So with a spyglass an Elemental Cleric can see if a BGM respawned in the room and if did, teleport instantly and snatch it, dragon or not.

And what do you base that comment on? None of that commentary is remotely correct. Do you simply like spreading fake gossip? Or is this trolling for hints about the abilities of the guild?

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 24 Dec 2017 14:28

Arman wrote:

And what do you base that comment on? None of that commentary is remotely correct. Do you simply like spreading fake gossip? Or is this trolling for hints about the abilities of the guild?
Green dragon's loot spawns on the floor in a room, so setting a spyglass on that room is very doable. With the magic users' mana regeneration rate, using spyglass every 60 seconds is a very viable thing to do. Setting up a sound alarm for your client to alert you when the black-gem ring has spawned is also something that can be easily done.

I've asked Carnak to put the loot in that room in some box or on a corpse, or make the room "spawn" not when the dragon is reset, but when the dragon is killed (thus also preventing people from going linkdead in that room and reconnecting to check "what's on the floor") - this probably would be very low on the list of things to do :)

And yes, I personally know people who use both (spyglass every minute with an alarm and/or LD in greenie treasure room) to snag the ring of darkness, but I see this more of a "Krynn code" problem, rather than "new guild" problem.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 24 Dec 2017 15:03

Zugzug wrote:
Arman wrote:

Green dragon's loot spawns on the floor in a room, so setting a spyglass on that room is very doable. With the magic users' mana regeneration rate, using spyglass every 60 seconds is a very viable thing to do. Setting up a sound alarm for your client to alert you when the black-gem ring has spawned is also something that can be easily done.

I've asked Carnak to put the loot in that room in some box or on a corpse, or make the room "spawn" not when the dragon is reset, but when the dragon is killed (thus also preventing people from going linkdead in that room and reconnecting to check "what's on the floor") - this probably would be very low on the list of things to do :)

And yes, I personally know people who use both (spyglass every minute with an alarm and/or LD in greenie treasure room) to snag the ring of darkness, but I see this more of a "Krynn code" problem, rather than "new guild" problem.
I doubt that these people have been doing it any time recently. Both the spyglass and lair had been changed to make that impossible.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 24 Dec 2017 15:06

A simple teleport-check in treasurechambers should remedy this problem if it hasn't already. Else, as mentioned, guilds with such capacities indeed may have monopoly on items in such locations.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 24 Dec 2017 15:23

Actually, I think it's time to standardize treasury rooms, just like magic was. Treasure should spawn only when the NPC guarding it is killed. All the dealing with spyglasses etc sounds to me more like trying to deal with symptoms of the problem, rather that with the root cause.

A pair of rooms, one with the guard, second with treasure. When guard spawns, remove players from treasury room (including LD) and block entrance to it. When guard dies, spawn the treasure.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 25 Dec 2017 16:56

Arman wrote: I doubt that these people have been doing it any time recently. Both the spyglass and lair had been changed to make that impossible.
Thank you. It is great that one of the fake gossips has been fixed so promptly.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/