Genesis Forums
https://www.genesismud.org/forums/

Congratulations Jacaar!
https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4239
Page 2 of 2

Author:  Drazson [ 23 Dec 2017 08:36 ]
Post subject:  Re: Congratulations Jacaar!

Syrk wrote:
Elemental Clerics. Located somewhere in Calia. It substituted Spirit Circle of Psuchae. Same people, different name.


Damn, they really felt special. Theme/previous members remained to keep it awesome or nay?
Edit: I guess they needed a fix or they wouldn't get one so congratulations on that indeed! :)

Author:  Arman [ 23 Dec 2017 10:11 ]
Post subject:  Re: Congratulations Jacaar!

Drazson wrote:
Syrk wrote:
Elemental Clerics. Located somewhere in Calia. It substituted Spirit Circle of Psuchae. Same people, different name.


Damn, they really felt special. Theme/previous members remained to keep it awesome or nay?
Edit: I guess they needed a fix or they wouldn't get one so congratulations on that indeed! :)


The SCoP needed to be moved over to the new magic system... they were the last occupational guild not on it (excluding the hybrids, like rangers). Jaacar took the opportunity to not just convert it over but do a thematic recode too... and the outcome is pretty cool :)

It was a lot of work. After coding it has actively been in balance review since 1 June... over six full reviews, with half-a-dozen beta testers providing data and intel, and a lot of work to get it to a point where I was happy to approve it. Jaacar deserves a lot of praise not just for the work he did but his persistence. The beta testers also deserve kudos for their stress testing. A great team effort!

A.K

Author:  Drazson [ 23 Dec 2017 10:46 ]
Post subject:  Re: Congratulations Jacaar!

Good to hear. I hope the previous SCoP are equally happy about their guild as well and it sounds like they should be! Still occ+lay slot or changed to work (along with worshippers) as the Order of the Dragon does?

Author:  Syrk [ 24 Dec 2017 12:33 ]
Post subject:  Re: Congratulations Jacaar!

It is a great work.

So with a spyglass an Elemental Cleric can see if a BGM respawned in the room and if did, teleport instantly and snatch it, dragon or not.

Even without spyglass one has practical monopoly on an npc/item of choice.

Great spells for the chosen ones.

Author:  Arman [ 24 Dec 2017 13:10 ]
Post subject:  Re: Congratulations Jacaar!

Syrk wrote:
It is a great work.

So with a spyglass an Elemental Cleric can see if a BGM respawned in the room and if did, teleport instantly and snatch it, dragon or not.

Even without spyglass one has practical monopoly on an npc/item of choice.

Great spells for the chosen ones.


And what do you base that comment on? None of that commentary is remotely correct. Do you simply like spreading fake gossip? Or is this trolling for hints about the abilities of the guild?

Author:  Zugzug [ 24 Dec 2017 14:28 ]
Post subject:  Re: Congratulations Jacaar!

Arman wrote:
Syrk wrote:
It is a great work.

So with a spyglass an Elemental Cleric can see if a BGM respawned in the room and if did, teleport instantly and snatch it, dragon or not.

Even without spyglass one has practical monopoly on an npc/item of choice.

Great spells for the chosen ones.


And what do you base that comment on? None of that commentary is remotely correct. Do you simply like spreading fake gossip? Or is this trolling for hints about the abilities of the guild?


Green dragon's loot spawns on the floor in a room, so setting a spyglass on that room is very doable. With the magic users' mana regeneration rate, using spyglass every 60 seconds is a very viable thing to do. Setting up a sound alarm for your client to alert you when the black-gem ring has spawned is also something that can be easily done.

I've asked Carnak to put the loot in that room in some box or on a corpse, or make the room "spawn" not when the dragon is reset, but when the dragon is killed (thus also preventing people from going linkdead in that room and reconnecting to check "what's on the floor") - this probably would be very low on the list of things to do :)

And yes, I personally know people who use both (spyglass every minute with an alarm and/or LD in greenie treasure room) to snag the ring of darkness, but I see this more of a "Krynn code" problem, rather than "new guild" problem.

Author:  Arman [ 24 Dec 2017 15:03 ]
Post subject:  Re: Congratulations Jacaar!

Zugzug wrote:
Arman wrote:
Syrk wrote:
It is a great work.

So with a spyglass an Elemental Cleric can see if a BGM respawned in the room and if did, teleport instantly and snatch it, dragon or not.

Even without spyglass one has practical monopoly on an npc/item of choice.

Great spells for the chosen ones.


And what do you base that comment on? None of that commentary is remotely correct. Do you simply like spreading fake gossip? Or is this trolling for hints about the abilities of the guild?


Green dragon's loot spawns on the floor in a room, so setting a spyglass on that room is very doable. With the magic users' mana regeneration rate, using spyglass every 60 seconds is a very viable thing to do. Setting up a sound alarm for your client to alert you when the black-gem ring has spawned is also something that can be easily done.

I've asked Carnak to put the loot in that room in some box or on a corpse, or make the room "spawn" not when the dragon is reset, but when the dragon is killed (thus also preventing people from going linkdead in that room and reconnecting to check "what's on the floor") - this probably would be very low on the list of things to do :)

And yes, I personally know people who use both (spyglass every minute with an alarm and/or LD in greenie treasure room) to snag the ring of darkness, but I see this more of a "Krynn code" problem, rather than "new guild" problem.


I doubt that these people have been doing it any time recently. Both the spyglass and lair had been changed to make that impossible.

Author:  Kas [ 24 Dec 2017 15:06 ]
Post subject:  Re: Congratulations Jacaar!

A simple teleport-check in treasurechambers should remedy this problem if it hasn't already. Else, as mentioned, guilds with such capacities indeed may have monopoly on items in such locations.

Author:  mallor [ 24 Dec 2017 15:23 ]
Post subject:  Re: Congratulations Jacaar!

Actually, I think it's time to standardize treasury rooms, just like magic was. Treasure should spawn only when the NPC guarding it is killed. All the dealing with spyglasses etc sounds to me more like trying to deal with symptoms of the problem, rather that with the root cause.

A pair of rooms, one with the guard, second with treasure. When guard spawns, remove players from treasury room (including LD) and block entrance to it. When guard dies, spawn the treasure.

Author:  Syrk [ 25 Dec 2017 16:56 ]
Post subject:  Re: Congratulations Jacaar!

Arman wrote:
I doubt that these people have been doing it any time recently. Both the spyglass and lair had been changed to make that impossible.

Thank you. It is great that one of the fake gossips has been fixed so promptly.

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/