Thank you, Wizards

Offer up praise and thanks to players and wizards alike. Nothing like feel good moments to spruce up morale
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Thoru
Beginner

Thank you, Wizards

Post by Thoru » 11 Mar 2021 19:04

I felt compelled to write this note based solely on my experiences with Genesis over this past week. Please understand, this is my opinion and an opinion only.

I have, for lack of a better term, been deeply impressed with how the Wizard team has handled the game wide changes we have all experienced this week. Basically, in my view, what has happened is they made the decision to implement changes that they knew were going to be game changing, for everyone. Now, they were presented with a choice: Do we test these changes on the second server ourselves and roll them out to the players with what we think is a good package or do we do an “open beta” with the changes and allow for feedback, fixes, tweaks, and impressions on the spot and in real time?

They chose the “open beta” option. What I have seen and experienced is the Wiz team making very quick updates to respond to game mechanics, opening the door for immediate feedback, and opening themselves up to criticism from the general player population. We all are practically learning a whole new game and the Wizards are learning right along with us. The vision and need for the changes was very well thought out but the reality of those changes were not 100 percent predictable. They are now responding to that reality and making many fixes, some sweeping and some minute, practically on the spot. Further, they are hearing our feedback on all different platforms. Wizards are responding in game, Cherek is all over this forum, and discord has been open discourse since the changes dropped.

Is it messy? Sure. Have there been many ‘what the crap?!’ moments, absolutely. Should it be expected, probably. Did the Wizards expect it, absolutely. I saw a giant warning of “people are going to die, be careful” every time I logged into the game for the past couple of weeks.

Thanks Wizard team for putting all of the work into this game that we all enjoy! I look forward to seeing how these changes pan out and what comes next.

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Thank you, Wizards

Post by Cherek » 11 Mar 2021 20:57

Thanks for the kind words Thoru.

tor
Apprentice

Post by tor » 11 Mar 2021 21:21

I agree - wizards have been VERY responsive and receptive to mortal feedback as of late.

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 08 Jan 2023 18:51

Let me chime in and say thanks for giving Genesis a major overhaul.
Pretty daunting task but seems to be going well.

Sure, it's change and change is per definition "bad" as you will have to adapt to a new reality
instead of the good old wellknown routine. But then again that is what we beings are good at.
Adapting. So I hope we mortals don't bum you out too much up in the immortal plane.

(Oops necroposting. Still relevant tho.)

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 08 Jan 2023 21:56

Recode wizzes (especially Zizuph and Varian) provided a truly awesome recode :D
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 09 Jan 2023 14:16

I really appreciate the wizards asking for opinions to I love giving my opinion, sorry it had to blow up there.

I do second Taran's opinion
ziz and varian has been kind of my heroes latly, with all the bugs they have fixed and all the work they and the others have done on guild balancing, the magic system and new areas its sometimes difficult to remember wizards do not get paid for this.

((i originally had this on the end of my changes post but moved it here as it seemed more relevant to posts here))

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 09 Jan 2023 21:29

Budwise wrote:
08 Jan 2023 18:51

Sure, it's change and change is per definition "bad" as you will have to adapt to a new reality
instead of the good old wellknown routine. But then again that is what we beings are good at.
Adapting. So I hope we mortals don't bum you out too much up in the immortal plane.

Budwise just retroactively wants better Wheel-o-Fun gifts.

Don't take the bait.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 09 Jan 2023 23:29

Mersereau wrote:
09 Jan 2023 21:29
Budwise wrote:
08 Jan 2023 18:51

Budwise just retroactively wants better Wheel-o-Fun gifts.

Don't take the bait.
You still playing the game through the forums? :P
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 10 Jan 2023 10:00

Well, he is out of the loop then. I complained about getting 1 point
and thus not attaining a perfect score. ;-)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/