Quest Praise

Offer up praise and thanks to players and wizards alike. Nothing like feel good moments to spruce up morale
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Otaril
Beginner

Quest Praise

Post by Otaril » 29 Mar 2010 20:08

Hi,

I would like to send praise to the wizard who coded the Terel Caravan Quest. I was playing around with it the other day and I am very impressed with it. The concept is pretty simple, but it is just fun. As we all know, not all quests are fun.

-Ota

Gub
Adventurer

Re: Quest Praise

Post by Gub » 29 Mar 2010 20:16

I agree very much on this one.

Genesis has very few quests like the caravan, its a nice change of pace.

Otaril
Beginner

Post by Otaril » 29 Mar 2010 20:27

I also think the Sparkle Kiosk Quest is a good change from the norm. I think it is an appropriate, contemporary style for the Genesis of today. I also like how it is a type of investment: If I work every Wednesday, I will be paid off big in years down the road!

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 01 Apr 2010 10:49

Greetings!

First a big praise to the one behind the quest orbs (Petros?) from me too.
They have really spiced up the art of questing for me again and it is a real challenge to see there are quite a few quests out there undone.

Secondly a praise to the wednesday quest. Its actually not a big deal, but it is fun to arrive at the kiosk and meet people and players from far away, one never met before.
I assume the reward is not big, but it is still an excitement to see the line:

You feel more experienced!

Just the look of that line makes me happy. :)

For you who noticed my presense a bit more last weeks it's all about testing a theory someone told me about that I did not know.
The harder a small monster hits (hitvalue/statavg) the more xp you recieve from the kill.
So a dragon, even if he hits hard, you do not get that much xp as they are huge!
(The best dragon to kill for XP is the smallest, the drooling dragon. Black Dragon hits much harder, but is also much bigger in statavg)

I have now killed the deep dragon 20 times last weeks, and I recieved 1 lvl for 4,3 deep dragons. (Soapweed is the major bottleneck here. 3 per dragon)
To compare, It takes 12,7 Terel trolls for 1 lvl.

But the warrior bugs in Joes garden give 3 times more XP!!!
4,1 bug for a lvl (If sprayed with the gizmo)
Small statvice, but very hard hitters.
And ofcourse, they respawn as soon someone does the trick and arrive at their lair.
I was told this was 'another' trick designed for the 'Terel gang' but I doubt it.
Those bugs are old as Genesis herself almost.

There are a few more monsters of this kind.
The Jabberwock for example. If you do not wield the Vorpal-blade, he hits a lot harder (= more xp) but for a myth it is no biggie except for the xp.
Killed him 3 times the other day and got a lvl.
With the Vorpalblade, I killed him 10 times without a lvl.

The best xp critter of them all was the infamous ReAlbi tower rat. Small when you compared but *BOM* YOU DIE! if you attacked him.
My old friend Puck told me he actually _gained_ xp dying from the rat when he was below the old 'raising hero' title.
When he created Puck, Puck was hero within a day, and the AoP (what was his name again? Ged?) took him in the ear, but when it was found out what happened
Ged let it pass as it was Ged who coded the rat! :)

As the rat now doesnt excist anymore I assume the warriors bug (spray them first with the gizmo) is the best xp ground of them all in Genesis.
Yesterday I managed to kill 18 bugs (there are 6 of them in the lair) in 20 minutes and the limit is the fruit as you need one to respawn them and the fruit is rare.
Ofcourse, one can stay down there and let them respawn, but that is pretty boring. Better to pick the fruit everytime one pass Terel.
If dying from a warrior bug actually makes you grow I can not say, but I assume you do up to a certain size.
So all you guys who suicide a lot when you change guilds, do it in Terel. You will grow in size and still have the deathrecovery for each kill, so you will become myth in no time.

Best quest of them all?
I do not know. To me a good quest must make you feel you are part of a tale.
You must float into it and feel you are part of the tale itself.
There are a few of those out there.

Bury bones.
Torque.
Murder in MinasTirith.
Stew.
to mention a few.

Mim
Last edited by Mim on 01 Apr 2010 11:21, edited 1 time in total.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 01 Apr 2010 11:06

Mim... so are you saying that even at say titan size, the warrior bugs are still the best exp? or just at a certain size they can help you grow?

I was wondering why you were in Re Albi the other day lol now I know!

-B

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 01 Apr 2010 11:12

How can you gain Xp by not killing an NPC, but just getting killed by the NPC?

But an interesting bit of wiz-info none the less. I never heard of that before, but if it's true, it certainly looks like a loophole that the Admin needs to look at.
Personally I wouldn't think it below Shinto to do something like that, but as you said, those bugs were probably there before him, and presumably the hardhitting/Xp formula is gamewide and not Terel specific.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 01 Apr 2010 11:16

Makfly wrote:How can you gain Xp by not killing an NPC, but just getting killed by the NPC?

But an interesting bit of wiz-info none the less. I never heard of that before, but if it's true, it certainly looks like a loophole that the Admin needs to look at.
Personally I wouldn't think it below Shinto to do something like that, but as you said, those bugs were probably there before him, and presumably the hardhitting/Xp formula is gamewide and not Terel specific.
Yes, Admin must take a look at this immidiately.
It seems like a joke that you should gain XP when you die.

Mim

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 01 Apr 2010 13:49

I have noticed the same, expecially in the garden. When I started a new char I died a few times there but I still grew crazy-quick so it didnt matter.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 01 Apr 2010 14:55

Mim you are to funny.

Earth
Great Adventurer

Post by Earth » 01 Apr 2010 15:29

:lol:

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/