The gladiators.

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alorrana
Myth

The gladiators.

Post by Alorrana » 23 Mar 2011 14:11

Hello there.

To yet again get some life back to tyr, and perhaps reopen the arena for tournaments, we should make the battlebrothers of tyr a bit more... attractive.. ?

things that would bring people there.

Add a some weapon skills. Polearm, shortsword, and club. Not that many choises as Mercs but still with in the gladiator spirit.

then when you have maxed titles, Make the glads able to choose from any high title they want. so not all of them runs around being supreme master gladiators.. That title sucks so uber much, I would rather be sunscared gladiator or fresh, or even slave.... but anyway, make them able to choose their own titles. when they have maxed them.

this will let the champs of tyr be a little more independant, and more in to the gladiator theme, and it wouldnt really be such a over powering thing.

Ive been Assistant overseer, Arena overseer, High overseer.. I know how the guild works, and I have a special place for it in my heart. Even tho I am an Angmarian currently, I came from tyr, as many of us did before we settled down. So i care for the guild, and I do believe i know what kinds of things would attract people to tyr again. But they are seriously in need of a wee bit of an update perhaps more titles aswell.

Also what would bring some joy in to the play of a gladiator was if they had a kill counter, so the one that kills most this armageddon will get an ad on to the title, " Crowds favourite " or something.. to show the world and people that s/he is a true Arena champion..

But what say the wizards. anything worth looking in to, and discussing ? or should we just leave the poor old glads in the dust of the mercs..?
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Draugor

Re: The gladiators.

Post by Draugor » 23 Mar 2011 14:22

Alorrana wrote:Hello there.

To yet again get some life back to tyr, and perhaps reopen the arena for tournaments, we should make the battlebrothers of tyr a bit more... attractive.. ?

things that would bring people there.

Add a some weapon skills. Polearm, shortsword, and club. Not that many choises as Mercs but still with in the gladiator spirit.

then when you have maxed titles, Make the glads able to choose from any high title they want. so not all of them runs around being supreme master gladiators.. That title sucks so uber much, I would rather be sunscared gladiator or fresh, or even slave.... but anyway, make them able to choose their own titles. when they have maxed them.

this will let the champs of tyr be a little more independant, and more in to the gladiator theme, and it wouldnt really be such a over powering thing.

Ive been Assistant overseer, Arena overseer, High overseer.. I know how the guild works, and I have a special place for it in my heart. Even tho I am an Angmarian currently, I came from tyr, as many of us did before we settled down. So i care for the guild, and I do believe i know what kinds of things would attract people to tyr again. But they are seriously in need of a wee bit of an update perhaps more titles aswell.

But what say the wizards. anything worth looking in to, and discussing ? or should we just leave the poor old glads in the dust of the mercs..?

The choosing of weapon skills is a great idea and I know I have been barking up that tree before, glads should be trained with all weapons and they should be whicked with whatever weapon they choose to specialize in, a gladiator with a trident I feel is correct :) Or two shortswords (gladius) or like it.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 23 Mar 2011 15:54

Actually, glads should be able to choose and train in at least two weapons. Not just one.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 23 Mar 2011 16:23

and pick 2 out of all the available specials/spells already in the game

I'd go for brawl+fling ... or fling+plex? ... no, wait wait: fling + ogrestomp! and have a buddy with brawl+fling in team! :twisted:

I'd even go as far as to make the specials require skill training (cash) + some form of adaptation (battle enemies using said special) ... everybody train brawl/slash/impale/kattack/chop (or what is it's name now ...?) on NPCs and go hunt some SUs and ogres :twisted: ... or get some MM spells meanwhile? :twisted:

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 23 Mar 2011 18:33

Laurel wrote:and pick 2 out of all the available specials/spells already in the game

I'd go for brawl+fling ... or fling+plex? ... no, wait wait: fling + ogrestomp! and have a buddy with brawl+fling in team! :twisted:

I'd even go as far as to make the specials require skill training (cash) + some form of adaptation (battle enemies using said special) ... everybody train brawl/slash/impale/kattack/chop (or what is it's name now ...?) on NPCs and go hunt some SUs and ogres :twisted: ... or get some MM spells meanwhile? :twisted:

Why can't you write a single note without sarcasm?

This is valid point, but if they did change this there would be like 1 or 2 axe-users left in game. Add some kind of shield block capability, limit on armour-use and make charge do less damage but lower combat abilities on the opponent ( skills or speed ). Give bonus on offensive when using two weapons as Gladiators always were top notch two-weapon masters.

Wolverine
Adventurer

Post by Wolverine » 23 Mar 2011 19:31

I think that we do need sup guru defence atleast and I would love to have the ability to fight unarmed or with a club.

Imagine Glad/Angmar with sup guru club :evil:

AXES HIGH

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 23 Mar 2011 19:53

Just an idea...
How about offering training in all weapon skills to a small/moderate level, and then you can pick _one_ of the weapons and train it really high. And at any time you can chose to drop that skill (back to small/moderate level) and concentrate on another one instead (you'd have to train/pay it up the normal way, of course). This should give you some versatility without granting great skills in all weapons at the same time. And you can play with whatever weapon you enjoy.
Can even balance in weapon availability, so if you chose the pesky (according to others) axe, you can train it all the way to sup. guru, but if you pick sword, you will only be able to train it to sup. veteran. (explained rp-wise: So few bother about axes that you have the trainers all to yourself, while sword trainers have to train large groups of people to manage the large requests).
I really don't know much about gladiators, so if it's a bad idea, just ignore me and keep discussing things that might work.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 23 Mar 2011 20:01

The problem with giving them the ability to choose between weapons whenever is then they are the Mercs with a stronger set of specials. I would suggest allowing the Glad to pick one at the start of his/her career.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 23 Mar 2011 21:36

Laurel wrote:and pick 2 out of all the available specials/spells already in the game

Sure would rock then Laurel ;)

But in all fairness, im not asking for something uber, just some thing that will make them keep up. some good suggestions here, chosing from weapons skills, ect ect. all would be good, and i think we all can agree on we could use a little tournaments to clear the air and what not.. good old glads.. they need not to be forgotten..

And back to you laurel.. What are you smoking.. And share, you greedy bitch.. ;)
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 23 Mar 2011 21:43

OgreToyBoy wrote:

Why can't you write a single note without sarcasm?
it wasn't sarcastic ... at least not meant to be :? 8-)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/