PvP

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ilrahil

Re: PvP

Post by Ilrahil » 26 Mar 2011 20:08

Not it was Armitace, who had been told by Xar.

and the only ranger encountered was Xar prior to that.

Xar hates Ilrahil, Xar finds out its ilrahil, no restitution will solve that problem will it?

Zingil
Apprentice

Post by Zingil » 26 Mar 2011 21:13

Not it was Armitace, who had been told by Xar.

and the only ranger encountered was Xar prior to that.

Xar hates Ilrahil, Xar finds out its ilrahil, no restitution will solve that problem will it?

It was actually you who told Zingil that the character was your second Ilrahil.

And yes, Xar does not seem to like you very much but my point is that the Council rejected your application because of the actions of your character, not because it was your second.

-Zingil's player

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 26 Mar 2011 21:17

--Make a necklace of trophies for each character.

--When killing a player, you automatically take an ear from his/her corpse and add it to your necklace.

--You can take that ear to the Mercenary camp near/in Sparkle and collect any possible bounty.

--Also your kill is recorded and displayed on the website for general bragging rights.

--Additionally, if you kill a player, 100 platinum coins and 10000 General Xp* is added to your own bounty.

--Allow players to add coins of their own to other peoples bounties.

So, you have an incentive structure in terms of bragging rights, coins and general Xp. Added in is an element of danger, as your actions makes it more like that you yourself will suffer the same fate as your latest victim.

Couple this with an ability to bank herbs/potions/ingredients and a significantly lower death-penalty and I believe that you have a better and more dynamic system, than the current one.

*adjust values accordingly.

edit: forgot to add the last part, about the players being able to add coins themselves.
Last edited by Makfly on 26 Mar 2011 22:53, edited 1 time in total.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 26 Mar 2011 21:19

Certainly my suggestion above can be abused, like all systems can, for instance by two characters killing each other and cashing in for the coins.

But since all kills are logged, it shouldn't be too much trouble for the AoP to break out the ban-hammer and bust some skulls.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 26 Mar 2011 21:45

Makfly wrote:ability to bank herbs/potions/ingredients
can we make this a general idea worth considering?
Last edited by Laurel on 26 Mar 2011 22:59, edited 1 time in total.

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 26 Mar 2011 22:23

This is a relatively simple, yet well-thought out proposal IMHO, Makfly. I'll be interested to see what others think.

When I started in Gen, I was always looking over my shoulder. The world was dangerous, not the least of which from other players. I think it was/is a great dimension for the game. Alliances were important, paying attention in game was critical, and grudges (and acting on them) were ever-present. Fun stuff!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 26 Mar 2011 23:24

I like Makfly's idea as well.

That sounds alot more like a system that rewards rather than punishes.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 26 Mar 2011 23:51

If you want to add an extra dimension to it, make it so that the Xp added to a killers bounty are directly drawn from the ones he/she killed. So they can, in effect, regain a sizable part of their own lost Xp, by getting revenge.

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 27 Mar 2011 00:31

I also wanted to second the consideration of the banking idea with Laurel.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 27 Mar 2011 01:35

Alexi wrote: Would be like Lindros trying to Knight with a second, and if everyone knew who his second was it would be a laughable attempt at best.
:D
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/