Raids.

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alorrana
Myth

Raids.

Post by Alorrana » 27 Mar 2011 15:32

Hey, just a thought, will keep it short.

Raids happen on kabal, Calian castle, Su caves, Neidars(i think) and Knights. They get raided by Npc fellas. incoded in the gameplay.. Ok fair enough :)

What if these raids actually where xp giving, and happened more frequently, but the punishment for not getting home, to defend your keep, cave, castle, what ever, would be that the guild was ransacked, and destroyed by the NPCs, Armours and weapons stolen from racks, Gates destroyed, Guild Npcs died, and for the rest of this Armageddon it happened in, the guild would simply not be avaliable.. its gone, destroyed, and will force players to use inns and what not, untill next arma.. but during the period the guild is destroyed, their items will be saving for the rest of the Arma.. so they dont loose ability to safekeep their items without a rack.

But Morguls Could be hit more often by Gondorian Armies.. Rangers by Hoardes of Orcs... Neidars by their giants and trolls... Knights would fight the Dragon armies and Armies would fight Knights.. Calians Krougs and Kretans... Scops could defend argos from the Undead hoardes.. generally pick a npc coded army against all guilds. and make it worth fighting.. and worth defending.. warnings signs from guild to guild..

and make it hard, not impossible, but hard.. make it worth defending your home..

Is this a totally bad idea. or would it help, more raids, worth more for the players, but punishment if they do not defend their home... they will.. well lose it..
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Rhaegar
Legend

Re: Raids.

Post by Rhaegar » 27 Mar 2011 16:25

You know of course that this would spell doom for guilds with few active members, especially ones that show up roughly at the same hours?

I'm all for such things (with raiders also having some cool gear on them) but only if a trigger is added so that the raid can't happen if there's not enough defenders (3 people should do the trick in most cases I believe) or if the raids would happen on a scheduled basis, so that the defenders could prepare for it (spies reporting enemy movement in advance etc.).
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 27 Mar 2011 16:32

More randome was my thought, and more often.. and yeah well, thats just bad for the guilds with low pop.. but still could be cool, and if they would feel its unfair, well, recruting works.. Ofc the system should be that if three are active the perhaps only 6 would attack em, one level lower than the biggest player.. it shouldnt be totally impossible.. But raid would be double the players active in guild, would make it doable and would give people something to do.. other than grind grind grind.. would bring guild hood together again.. or lose the guild.. for the duration of the Arma.

Not al this spy stuff, there are no armies to move around, no one to spy on, player base is to low for that, so insted, give the current players something to do in the guild.. otherwise as we see it now, guilds serve as a rack, nothing els.. ofc some are more Rpish than others, but general, its where you keep your stuff, and thats it..

Perhaps the less active the guild is, the more it would be raided..? would seem understandable.. and the powerfull large ones with many members wouldnt be raided that often.. ?

This is just something to keep the guilds entertained, so they will actually have a path to follow, something important to them, to defend..

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 28 Mar 2011 07:30

Great idea.

suggestion for bonuses:
Bonus for win:
+% to specials

Penalty for loose:
-% to specials

The power of raids must vary the way that percenatge of wins would be like 66-75%.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 28 Mar 2011 07:35

Another suggestion:

To organize raids for guilds.

In limited time guildmembers must clear enemy camp.
Calians - Kroug plains or fortress
Rangers - Nazgul outpost
DA - Knight outpost

Bonuses:
NPC with good EQ that will run away when time is over
+% specials damage
- to specials reset (makes special faster)

Penalties:
-% specials
+ specials rest (makes special slower)

Some points:
- Raid is not started by guild members. but random event
- lower limit of not idle members - 2

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 28 Mar 2011 15:46

Now, one thing that is of interest for me here:
How do you wish to organize a raid against Rangers? After all, the whole point of our guildhall is that no one knows where it is, there are traps, sentries, secret passages and what not. I believe that if the Enemy knew where we are, it would be game over for us lore-wise?
There could be some uber haradrim reinforcements in their camp or something, but raiding the Rangers' guildhall isn't the way to go.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 28 Mar 2011 17:36

Rhaegar wrote:Now, one thing that is of interest for me here:
How do you wish to organize a raid against Rangers? After all, the whole point of our guildhall is that no one knows where it is, there are traps, sentries, secret passages and what not. I believe that if the Enemy knew where we are, it would be game over for us lore-wise?
There could be some uber haradrim reinforcements in their camp or something, but raiding the Rangers' guildhall isn't the way to go.
An attack on Bree?

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 28 Mar 2011 18:41

It maybe actual attack on guild halls, maybe not.
Like already said it may be attack on some ME city: Bree or Minas Tirith

Strider
Adept

Post by Strider » 28 Mar 2011 19:25

Alorrana wrote:What if these raids actually where xp giving, and happened more frequently, but the punishment for not getting home, [...] and make it hard, not impossible, but hard.. make it worth defending your home..

Is this a totally bad idea. or would it help, more raids, worth more for the players, but punishment if they do not defend their home... they will.. well lose it..
Not a totally bad idea and there are certainly elements of it I like, but if Genesis's problem is not enough players, isn't this counterproductive, making things less attractive to those player's who can't let the game dictate their schedule, who like guilds that are less popular, who enjoy questing or mapping, who keep their characters separate, etc.? Not only can this discourage people we probably want to entice, doesn't this also encourage idling, waiting for a raid, using off-game communication to rustle up help, increase opportunistic gankings?

Yes, the game should evolve somewhat so that there is more to the combat experience than climbing in the harvester and driving through the wheat field, but the consequences of this idea may be less than positive.
The preceding collection of words was presented by Strider's Player.
Any meaning you ascribe to them is most likely due to lucky happenstance or your misinterpretation.

If you'd prefer Strider's opinion, you'll probably have to ask for it in game.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 28 Mar 2011 22:17

I see the point with the rangers. hidden folks and stuff, but they they could live up to their duties and defend the shire from evil.. I mean there are several Orc camps in shire, why not make them go raid the hobbits and stuff like that, and if the rangers fail to defend it, they will suffer from.. bla bla.. what ever theme whise could be made, Its just suggestions and I see the points your all making. :) But this thread is just to fuel the wizards. :) so bring on more ideas. they are good. I know we lack the players to really do this. but perhaps untill its done, areas with low activity in guilds could have it upon them to defend the nearest city from raids, villages, rangers could defend villages, not the big cities.. if that was the issue. :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/