New Giftgiving Option

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Do you think this change should be permanent

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 34

Kitriana
Champion

Re: New Giftgiving Option

Post by Kitriana » 29 Mar 2011 05:23

Then perhaps a new feature for the thieves? they can steal items... why shouldn't they be able to add items?
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 29 Mar 2011 05:24

Kitriana wrote:Then perhaps a new feature for the thieves? they can steal items... why shouldn't they be able to add items?
That would actually make perfect sense, yes. ;-)

I could see giving thieves the ability to <plant> something on a character, with a skill check similar to <peek> or whatever. But there would have to be very realistic weight and volume checks. No sneaking a hippo into someone's pocket.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 29 Mar 2011 07:29

Just curious how many quests will be bugged if someone will have giftfilter on
:lol:

PS Loosy change

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 29 Mar 2011 07:53

zar wrote:Just curious how many quests will be bugged if someone will have giftfilter on
:lol:

PS Loosy change
Zero. Npcs ignore the change.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 29 Mar 2011 07:55

My memory may be faulty on this, but what about the thief ability to place something in someones inventory without notice?
Can this new feature prevent it too?

Regardless or not, if the Admin deem it dumb, it is _certainly_ not the first time a player have died from the moss. So it shouldn't be a surprise that this rapid a change after a myth dies, can leave a bad taste in peoples mouthes. I mean...Why wasn't it changed before, when others have suffered from it?
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 29 Mar 2011 08:00

Makfly wrote:My memory may be faulty on this, but what about the thief ability to place something in someones inventory without notice?
Can this new feature prevent it too?

Regardless or not, if the Admin deem it dumb, it is _certainly_ not the first time a player have died from the moss. So it shouldn't be a surprise that this rapid a change after a myth dies, can leave a bad taste in peoples mouthes. I mean...Why wasn't it changed before, when others have suffered from it?
Because I wasn't aware of it then.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 29 Mar 2011 08:32

This one takes the prize..
You're so far away from the game Gorboth, I suggest you start a player and play it for awhile. It will improve your desicions greatly on numerous subjects that affect us players.

Greneth, Its was not me.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 29 Mar 2011 08:39

I like the change.. So those Dickless people cant get an Idle kill anymore with giving you stuff your triggers eat.. good change.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 29 Mar 2011 09:31

I voted it shouldn't stay

my reasoning:

1. it should realistically be NOT possible to give me something, if I don't want to receive it (exception - thievery) - an option like "someone wants to give you something - do you accept yes/no" within 30-60sec or something?

1.a. in combat when there is 2-3 people hitting on me and I have to focus on dodging, parrying, moving, attacking, etc. I'm sure one could just throw a hippo (cheers to Gorby for that picture) at me and if I didn't want it to hit me, I'd have to either dodge or catch it - if I caught it, I'd have to either put it away, or continue to fight with a hippo on my back

2. if you want to idle - create triggers to drop whatever is given to you + idle in really safe places ... I don't care; just make a trigger that when you idle, you turn on a "gives you" -> "open worn pack;put items in worn pack" trigger

3. if you create triggers that execute "eat all" and follow this with "eat herbs" ("eat all" won't munch your herbs anymore - that was changed a long while ago) ... you're a dumbster

4. people already have triggers to drop/return items given to them

5. it should realistically be possible for me to force-gift any person who is intimidated enough to NOT decline the gift - would you not accept a gift if a crazy Caucasian was offering it to you, meanwhile friendly pushing a loaded gun down your throat? this is not possible in Gen right now anymore (except for RP - no real combat/size intimidation); this would require a completely new mechanics implemented - based on security levels I guess

6. it should realistically be possible for me to place small objects on another person without them noticing ... for a while at least; or was that a pick-pocket check when I placed a leaf on the head of my friend? or a mouse on the shoulder of my sister ...?

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 29 Mar 2011 09:34

Bad change, very very bad imo, its been that way for years, its a pvp tool for the love of... Pharaxes and Seren go around botting ALL day ALL the time, that one of them got nuked is just good , or is the zero bot policy only directed to some people? If he doesent idle in stupid ass places cause Seren has been leading him around all day while hes been at work he wont die, if hes dumb enough to do it he deserves to get whacked.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/