The gladiators.

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Booger
Veteran

Re: The gladiators.

Post by Booger » 27 Mar 2011 21:12

As I understand it, Mercs already have many members, so why bother to boost it?
All my adaption points are on "Appraise value" and I still feel overpowered.
But perhaps Mercs should be discussed in another thread?
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 28 Mar 2011 07:46

Davvol wrote:Mattack is perfect.
1. It works without weapon
2. It has very low reset time
3. It can be critical
4. looks like it depends on guildstat, and probablilty of crit depends on it also (that my IMHO, but i have some statstics on it)

So, when i was merc-templar i was able to kill shadow elf unarmed, having combats just epics.
No You showed how really overpowered merc are :D

Suggestion:
To enhance roleplay of mercenaries, they need NPC that will give them contracts rewarded:
- by money
- by bonus to mattack
- even by guildstat.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 28 Mar 2011 23:13

zar wrote: No You showed how really overpowered merc are :D
And they have no resdtriction on PvP, aligment and RP. So, yes, Mecs rocks. Old was better, but it's my IMHO, cause i'm becoming old

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 29 Mar 2011 07:22

Davvol wrote:
zar wrote: No You showed how really overpowered merc are :D
And they have no resdtriction on PvP, aligment and RP. So, yes, Mecs rocks. Old was better, but it's my IMHO, cause i'm becoming old
I think old merce were better only with combo with AA. club 90 cover/block

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 29 Mar 2011 14:01

I suggest all players get access to all skills and specials. That way everything will be balanced completely and there will never be any complaints about what guilds are over or under powered.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 29 Mar 2011 14:29

Mersereau wrote:I suggest all players get access to all skills and specials. That way everything will be balanced completely and there will never be any complaints about what guilds are over or under powered.
Better to remove all guilds, so no specials and only layman skills.
Game will become more challenging :)

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 29 Mar 2011 16:31

Mersereau wrote:I suggest all players get access to all skills and specials. That way everything will be balanced completely and there will never be any complaints about what guilds are over or under powered.
Laurel wrote:pick 2 out of all the available specials/spells already in the game

I'd go for brawl+fling ... or fling+plex? ... no, wait wait: fling + ogrestomp! and have a buddy with brawl+fling in team! :twisted:

I'd even go as far as to make the specials require skill training (cash) + some form of adaptation (battle enemies using said special) ... everybody train brawl/slash/impale/kattack/chop (or what is it's name now ...?) on NPCs and go hunt some SUs and ogres :twisted: ... or get some MM spells meanwhile? :twisted:
I wrote this and was accused of sarcasm :lol: 8-)

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 30 Mar 2011 00:01

Then some will be underpowered because of their alignment restrictions, or other restrictions.
Make all guilds exact copies apart from the name, and some will be underpowered because their guild members are fewer, less active or weaker than other guilds.
Make the game single-player, so each player has his own world, being exact copy of every other world, using the exact same random-generator, and people will still complain that they got the worse deal compared to others.
You can, theoretically, make the game fair, but you can never get rid of the complaints. Work towards fairness, but don't expect everyone to be satisfied. Ever.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 30 Mar 2011 00:57

[Roxanne Kowalski is walking behind a hedge because she is nude]
Roxanne Kowalski: Nobody had a coat?
C.D. Bales: I thought you said you didn't want a coat...
Roxanne Kowalski: Why would I not want a coat?
C.D. Bales: You said you didn't want a coat!
Roxanne Kowalski: I was being ironic.
C.D. Bales: Oh, ho, ho, irony! Oh, no, no, we don't get that here. See, uh, people ski topless here while smoking dope, so irony's not really a, a high priority. We haven't had any irony here since about, uh, '83, when I was the only practitioner of it. And I stopped because I was tired of being stared at.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 30 Mar 2011 03:50

My apologies, Mersereau.
Sometimes it's hard to recognize irony. And I just read your circular reasoning in another thread (you whine about not being let in, so you deserve to not be let in), so my expectations here weren't on top.
When using irony, you need to take it far enough to make us realize that you can't be serious. Your note was way too normal.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/