Looking a gift horse in the mouth

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kitriana
Champion

Re: Looking a gift horse in the mouth

Post by Kitriana » 29 Mar 2011 17:47

Clearly the idea of people giving you things that you don't want is prevelant in the realms.. just look at those vials on the holm. How many of us have triggers to drop vials? I know you feel like its bad game mechanics... and we shoudn't hold onto a legacy for the sake of holding onto it...

But I really don't think its unrealistic for someone to give you something you don't want. I play this game with my friends all the time when we argue over who will pay for something. Where we push the $10 bill into each other's hands.. and then into each others pockets.. purses... etc.. If I didn't want an item someone handed to me.. I would give it back.. or drop it. If I'm too "spaced" out to notice... then I'd imagine it would be pretty easy to give me something I didn't want. How many people have been sleeping and had something put into their hand.... drawn on their face... or otherwise.

I will say... if you really insist on making this game mechanics change stick... I would
Honestly be ok with it _IF_ you implement some other forms of putting things in other people's pockets that are "thematic" as you say.

Some ideas off the top of my head:
1) Thieves - by slipping an item into a pocket
2) Tricksters - by attaching some item to someone's clothing without their notice.
3) Musuem Stamp glue available by purchase that would attach it to someone's hands.
4) Someone getting scared and/or intimidated and having something being forced into their hands (yes this is plausible) - could be based on your discipline-

Kit's player
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Strider
Adept

Post by Strider » 29 Mar 2011 20:47

I see there is a thread discussing the merits of giftfilter on the General board and I must admit I don't know who all has enough information, frame of reference and standing to reasonably address this Pharaxes incident, but if there is going to be outrage, shouldn't some of it be focused on the idea that some one may have used some level of outside information to log a character in just to get him?

Additionally, there are very strong arguments for restorations and punishments being largely private, and I don't think we should read too much into or expect too much clarification on, Gorboth's comments about restoration.
The preceding collection of words was presented by Strider's Player.
Any meaning you ascribe to them is most likely due to lucky happenstance or your misinterpretation.

If you'd prefer Strider's opinion, you'll probably have to ask for it in game.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 29 Mar 2011 22:24

He was idle in sparkle for 2-3 hours. I know at least 7 people who were aware of it. Doesn't take outside information to notice something like that. Idle senile blind old minotaur with gear on for that long.

Strider
Adept

Post by Strider » 30 Mar 2011 00:44

Ilrahil wrote:He was idle in sparkle for 2-3 hours. I know at least 7 people who were aware of it. Doesn't take outside information to notice something like that. Idle senile blind old minotaur with gear on for that long.
I didn't say that it required a quest doc to solve it, I just said that the accusation it was a run-through was made, twice.
The preceding collection of words was presented by Strider's Player.
Any meaning you ascribe to them is most likely due to lucky happenstance or your misinterpretation.

If you'd prefer Strider's opinion, you'll probably have to ask for it in game.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/