(Ab)usable features.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Re: (Ab)usable features.

Post by Laurel » 04 Apr 2011 22:10

Tive wrote:I made a few thousands of plats on similar bug years ago ;P I didn't even have to run to different shop, lol. Just buy/sell ;)

I felt bad so i stopped using it, but hell, it was easy cash!
it's fixed meanwhile - tried it today ;)

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 04 Apr 2011 22:12

Laurel wrote:
Tive wrote:I made a few thousands of plats on similar bug years ago ;P I didn't even have to run to different shop, lol. Just buy/sell ;)

Was this the kabal one?

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 04 Apr 2011 22:40

Chanele wrote:were you allowed to keep the cash?;)
I got to keep half of it.
So next time I'll make sure to make at least 1k pp when testing it ;)
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 04 Apr 2011 22:46

Ilrahil wrote:
Laurel wrote:

Was this the kabal one?
nope

Greywolf
Adventurer

Post by Greywolf » 05 Apr 2011 11:02

gorboth wrote:I have no problem with this thread. In fact - it is probably a good way to get things fixed! :-)

G.

p.s. I also appreciate Booger's sensibilities about not posting here things that would really mess things up if everyone knew about them. Such things as that are, indeed, probably best sent by mail. I apologize to Booger if such things have already been received and overlooked!

If it's possible that such things could in fact be overlooked then perhaps it is more important that they end up here rather then remain abusable by a select few

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 06 Apr 2011 21:29

Guess I can add one more here... Crashing the game. Not quite a feature, I guess. More like a real bug.
Sorry guys. I didn't know what I was... Well, actually I knew exactly what I was doing. I just didn't know it would crash the game. More details later, when they've removed this possibility.
PS: If someone puts a price on my head now, please tell me - I might be interested in collecting the bounty myself.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Freya

Post by Freya » 06 Apr 2011 21:49

Booger wrote:Guess I can add one more here... Crashing the game. Not quite a feature, I guess. More like a real bug.
Sorry guys. I didn't know what I was... Well, actually I knew exactly what I was doing. I just didn't know it would crash the game. More details later, when they've removed this possibility.
PS: If someone puts a price on my head now, please tell me - I might be interested in collecting the bounty myself.

If it was you who got the game to crash, ehm well I am not putting a bounty, I'll just kill you myself.

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 07 Apr 2011 20:47

Since they've fixed so it can't happen again (or so they say/think/hope), I guess it's ok to reveal what I did now.
I was trying to figure out the chance for items to glow depending on uptime & time to reboot (from what I've heard, that's probably what it depends on). And in DO there's a rack from which yuo can get a robe or to which you can return the robe.
So remove all items, then
* get robe from rack, save, return robe
Do this 100 times and count the number of times it glows, and you'll get a somewhat ok value of the percentage chance for an item to be glowing... I think.
Do it a thousand times to get a pretty accurate value. Probably. Repeat a few times and compare the differences, and you'll get a good value, plus an idea of how accurate the value actually is.
Worked fine the day before the crash. No problems. The next day it didn't.
Not sure if it crashed because it got too many commands sent, or because Genesis got bored trying to save me thousands of times. Apparently fixed now, but I'll make sure to do tests like these slower from now on. A lot slower.

And I apologize. I really didn't intend to crash the game.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 08 Apr 2011 00:32

Booger wrote:Do this 100 times and count the number of times it glows, and you'll get a somewhat ok value of the percentage chance for an item to be glowing... I think.
Do it a thousand times to get a pretty accurate value. Probably. Repeat a few times and compare the differences, and you'll get a good value, plus an idea of how accurate the value actually is.
Worked fine the day before the crash. No problems. The next day it didn't.
Not sure if it crashed because it got too many commands sent, or because Genesis got bored trying to save me thousands of times. Apparently fixed now, but I'll make sure to do tests like these slower from now on. A lot slower.
This test won't give you accurate results. The reason should be fairly clear for anyone who bothers to appraise the object a few seconds after the object has been cloned. Some people notice after Armageddon, for example, that if they recover objects and immediately put the objects into their racks, that objects may end up in the wrong racks (assuming you have racks that split up saving and non-saving items).

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 08 Apr 2011 01:19

Thank you, Petros. I noticed something was wrong after the crash, when still getting 50% glowing items. Before crash, though, it seemed pretty normal, since the uptime wasn't too far after halftime. So I didn't know, but now I do. Learning...

And Freya... Yes, it was me. Guess it's pretty clear by now, eh?
Again, I apologize to everyone... except you! Don't want to look like a weaseling wuss!
When you are done killing me, then I'll apologize to you. :twisted:
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/