PvP

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: PvP

Post by Cherek » 05 Apr 2011 01:26

Strider:

In Boogers idea the other guild has to "accept" the declaration of war.

So you cant just go declaring war at all weak guilds.

Guild wars and conflicts should be something BOTH sides should enjoy.

And why we need rewards..? Well... thats just pure game mechanics... I mean it is fun playing Sim City for awhile, just because its fun, but unless you eventually get rewards (in form of new buildings etc) it will soon turn kinda pointless. Same basics apply here. Even though its more complicated since its a mutilplayer game with lots of people who like different things. But deep down we all need to be rewarded for playing or we wont.

PVP today doesnt offer any rewards at all really.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 05 Apr 2011 08:12

Cherek - when was the last time you (any of your chars) were targetted by Gen's gankers/griefers?

Strider - good points!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 05 Apr 2011 14:42

Laurel: I rather not reveal any in-game character info. But I fail to see what that question has to do with Boogers suggestion of war declarations. Or it had nothing to do with it? I do not understand why you ask. Care to elaborate that?

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 05 Apr 2011 14:57

Cherek wrote:Laurel: I rather not reveal any in-game character info. But I fail to see what that question has to do with Boogers suggestion of war declarations. Or it had nothing to do with it? I do not understand why you ask. Care to elaborate that?
your're one of the most visible voicers for more violence in Genesis

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 05 Apr 2011 15:07

Laurel: Aha.

You make it sound so bad...:)

But yes I am. I am also for more pfighting abilities balanced between the factions, and for a very low PVP death penalty to make it more fun and less feeling bad when you do happen to be "ganked". I also think the war declarations that has to be accepted is a good idea, atleast the fighting in that war would be by choice from both sides.

But the main reason for me wanting mroe PVP is I think Genesis was alot more fun when we had active PVP and politics, and of course alot more players.

I even think it is neccessary for the long time survival of the game. I think the current co-op / singleplayer game that is only about growing to the next mortal level or stats will never attract a larger number of players again. Why? Because I myself, and alot of people do like competition, and competetition between players is what drives most multiplayer games out there. We have very little of that right now which I do not think really works.

I think conflicts are needed, thats what I think.

I could of course be utterly wrong.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 05 Apr 2011 16:28

Well, lack of conflicts leads to stagnation. So..let the heads roll, shall we? :twisted:
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 05 Apr 2011 20:02

where is the playground for those, who don't want to participate? or is non-participating a faux-pax?

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 05 Apr 2011 20:05

I want to be a part of this if I can be assured I will never lose.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 05 Apr 2011 20:24

What about removing death penalty for PvP at all? And make x10 damage in PvP. EQ lose and humilation should enough penalty. Not, me personally not afraid of meeting Lars, with my relatively low brute, but thoose who have very burtal can be afraid.

Earth
Great Adventurer

Post by Earth » 05 Apr 2011 21:57

Davvol wrote:What about removing death penalty for PvP at all? And make x10 damage in PvP. EQ lose and humilation should enough penalty. Not, me personally not afraid of meeting Lars, with my relatively low brute, but thoose who have very burtal can be afraid.
Oh, that type of change could be abused... I can already think of several ways that PvP no loss of exp would be useful.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/