Hidden Imbuement

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Do you think Imbuements should be "hidden" on the original NPC until the NPC is killed?

Yes
73%
No
10%
Don't Care
17%

Total votes: 48

Booger
Veteran

Re: Hidden Imbuement

Post by Booger » 15 Apr 2011 20:33

Alorrana wrote:How many actually runs around scouting NPC for imbuments ?
OgreToyBoy answered that on first page. Maybe not a perfect answer, but good enough imho.
Alorrana wrote:...perhaps upon npc death you should search armours on corpse.. or imbuement check corpse, then it would take a wee bit longer to go throug the corpse, but you make a sturdy investigation...
I give up!
I trust the immortals have enough information to handle this in a good way.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 15 Apr 2011 20:36

Well they are only suggestions.. as I say, I dont pay them the slightest attention.

And seems like some wanted them hidden and some not.. sooo.. wanted to share my cents on the matter. :)
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 15 Apr 2011 20:56

I'm not really upset with you, Alorrana. I just felt I've spent a long time trying to explain that although I want the imbuements to be hidden until mob is dead, I'm not interested in hiding them more than that. And for those who want to hide them more, I'd like for them to at least wait and see how things are once the hide-until-death has been added. Because I believe that will be enough to make everyone happy.
So I've been trying to say that if you want something more, wait and see before you start asking/pollimg for those things. I'm NOT asking for them myself, though I get the feeling everyone thinks I am.
You just got in at a bad moment. Sorry if I sounded angry. I was actually close to laughter at the whole situation.
I'm still going to _try_ to give up this thread. I think the poll results says it all. And I trust the immortals will handle the rest in a way that will make most of us happy. And I'm sure everyone else will do their best to misinterpret me again :)
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 15 Apr 2011 20:57

Alorrana: 27-4 in favour of hinding them... well yes "some" apparently dont want it but really have you seen a more one-sided vote around here lately? Or ever?

I think the idea that has been suggested for this already is the best one, and I think Gorboth even said it would be changed like that, so I consider it decided?

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 15 Apr 2011 23:03

still just wanted to share my thoughts on it cherek.. ;)

And for the not caring part, Myself included, i liked my idea best :-P hehe.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 16 Apr 2011 03:19

Alorrana:

Add packs, pouches and stuff to ALL NPCs in the realms for them to carry pieces of equipment with imbuements in? Did I understand that correctly?

It sounds not only illogical but also extremely time consuming to implement?

But hey, the more ideas the better, of ten ideas, one might be good! (in your case one in hundred. *tease*) :)

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 16 Apr 2011 12:22

This eint a bad idea.. And I rather have one in a hundred than one in a thousand.. ;) cant please em all Cherek.. :)

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 17 Apr 2011 02:46

Okay :!: :!: :!: Since I created this poll.. I will clarify my intentions.

I was asking the following:

Do you want the imbuements to not be have the descriptor listed (ie: unique, peculiar, interesting) when examining an npc. And for that descriptor to only show up once the NPC has been killed. (You DONT have to kill the whole mob.. just the one actually holding the imbued item)? Only the descriptor will be "hidden"... the item will still work as imbued. So... if the item creates darkness... it will in fact continue to do so even though you haven't killed the NPC yet. If the item has an elf stun... it will continue to stun the elf. The only thing I'm asking to be hidden is the descriptor when examining the NPC while he/she/it is still alive.

My reasons for asking this is, as Cherek has already stated, to prevent people from harvesting imbued items by only targetting those with them and leaving the balance of npc in that area standing.. thereby reducing the "lottery" effect and "fun" for people who are out and about killing/grinding in a more "random" fashion.

VOTE ACCORDINGLY :!:

If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 17 Apr 2011 07:04

I would say pretty much all of the active players must've voted on this poll.
Think our team of wizards will fix this issue, it shouldn't be so hard, either have
the adjective visible only if unworn or unwielded for both NPC and PC or just NPC.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/