Mortal levels

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Davvol
Veteran

Re: Mortal levels

Post by Davvol » 16 Apr 2011 23:19

zar wrote:mortal and stat levels doesn't change a thing.
That just a measurement thing.
If we don't stat cap and/or level cap it doesn't matter if we all will be champions after greenhorne.

I remember these times. You could be small champion or big champion, the only way to know your actual size is to get wiz info about average. I don't miss it a bit. I like to know what I am.
I also remeber. And what? Imagine, you are myth with 6 supremes. What next? You dont know who you are again. Add new levels? Everyone will grind again to get there. Thats way to nowhrere. I think, there should be comfortable level of brute-grinding, somewhere on somehat violent, where you can kill whatever you want in team of 3-4 like you and you are not afraid of death, cause recover whill took 2 weeks or something like ths. You can RP, PvP, go for big NPC with risk of death and even if you die you on same level. Stats and mortal. So, titanic - last level. no epic, immortal, spreme. Everyone are titanic champions. Go and enjoy realms of Genesis. Your guild, faith and have your fucking fun there. You are already on the top of the world

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 16 Apr 2011 23:40

Davvol wrote:I think, there should be comfortable level of brute-grinding, somewhere on somehat violent, where you can kill whatever you want in team of 3-4 like you and you are not afraid of death, cause recover whill took 2 weeks or something like ths. You can RP, PvP, go for big NPC with risk of death and even if you die you on same level.
what stops you today?

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 16 Apr 2011 23:42

[quote="Laurel]what stops you today?[/quote]
Me - nothing. But it's boring to RP alone.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 16 Apr 2011 23:44

Davvol wrote:[quote="Laurel]what stops you today?
Me - nothing. But it's boring to RP alone.[/quote][/quote]

follow Beregond's example? I think it was a very good one (in terms of RP, not achievments in my book)

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 17 Apr 2011 09:24

zar wrote:mortal and stat levels doesn't change a thing.
That just a measurement thing.
If we don't stat cap and/or level cap it doesn't matter if we all will be champions after greenhorne.

I remember these times. You could be small champion or big champion, the only way to know your actual size is to get wiz info about average. I don't miss it a bit. I like to know what I am.
If they would implement a stat cap, then the guild balance would be so unbalanced! Even though they use static stats & numbers, etc etc to count combat aid and so on. The only advantages a less powerfull guild has is the size. Take away their only option to measure themselves with the more powerfull guild then you have killed that guild. I know there are gadgets, trinkets, imbuements, equipment and more to make a player more powerfull, but heck then your opponent can use the same and we are back on square one.

Also if they would implement a stat cap I would stop playing, what is the fun when nothing happens to your character? What would all do that grinds today ? run around chasing more EQ and gather all EQ and stash in the racks and NOT let the smaller players share any good loot at all and then they have no fun playing and then they quit and in the end the grinders would quit as well. Lose Lose situation.

You need to gain something, you have to have a carrot, you need to have something that keeps the players online, otherwise the people will lose interest in playing and will quit.

Uther's player.
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 17 Apr 2011 14:12

Leave them be I say, or make entirely new ones.. then set up a plaque showing the great changes across genesis.. in sparkle.. so people can always be reminded about the past where taxes where better, xp was cheaper.. :-P

And then give us an Uber duper to add in the titles..

Like Cherek would say, why work on this.. ? when there is sooo much still needs working on.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 17 Apr 2011 22:24

Tbh I think the titles help kill pvp :P "I'm afraif od loosing my mortal lever *whine cry bitch moan* If yer a champ, yer a champ, you can be a big or small champ but yer still a champ, alot better imo cause alot of people dont want to enter skirmishes cause they dont wanna loose the myth or they are so close to myth they dont want to loose it blabla

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 17 Apr 2011 22:31

Thats what i'm talking about. And beside mortal level ppls are afraid of loosign "just got supremes". That why i'm thinking we need to remove it.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 17 Apr 2011 22:57

Draugor wrote:Tbh I think the titles help kill pvp :P "I'm afraif od loosing my mortal lever *whine cry bitch moan* If yer a champ, yer a champ, you can be a big or small champ but yer still a champ, alot better imo cause alot of people dont want to enter skirmishes cause they dont wanna loose the myth or they are so close to myth they dont want to loose it blabla
Exactly.

However I think the best thing to do now is not do anything. Not add more titles, and not remove any.

I think removing titles would cause so much anger that the risk is too great, but we could have a vote and see what people think. If alot of people are okay with it, then I am all for it.

As for thinking we should work on more important things like Alorrana says I often say... well I usually say that, but that is when huge projects and time consuming changes are suggested, those that require alot of work for the wizards to complete. Then I think we must seriously consider if all the work is worth it and if it really will make the game more fun, or more populated.

Removing mortal titles and / or stats is probably a few minutes work for Mercade or any skilled wizard. So in this case its all a matter if its something we want or not. Since I dont think it would pull resources from more "important" things. (Like imho, getting new players.)

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 17 Apr 2011 23:25

Going back to the Old system might feel like a nerf for many people but what about lowering the stats needed for myth level? I am a myth and would not mind any change to this. But if people loose a title to grind for will they loose interest in the game? Can we afford that? Maybe it's new titles we need, even beyond myth to keep everyone motivated? How then can we make it easier for new people to catch up? Theese are tough questions to answer and i dont have a clue which way is the best to go...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/