Morgul Mage Discussion - power, grinding, balance

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Chanele
Champion

Re: Morgul Mage Discussion - power, grinding, balance

Post by Chanele » 26 Apr 2011 17:14

Padraig:

You are a member of two of the most powerful guilds out there, cant you find any sympathy for the ones in poor state? You say you would trade firepower with healing and cleanse any day, I bet they need reinforcements in both PoTs and SS;)

Padraig
Wanderer

Post by Padraig » 26 Apr 2011 17:22

Greneth wrote:Err I would like a warning when I have been attacked. Im pretty sure your King attacked first then told me why afterwards. Actually several times its just been attack first then you tell me what I did wrong. So not sure what Mages guild your thinking of but thats not how its done.
So you were sitting wherever you sit, admiring the view when the King swooped in and attacked you? Pretty sure you're withholding details relevant to the "investigation."
Manglor, Zauhak, Padraig

Padraig
Wanderer

Post by Padraig » 26 Apr 2011 17:41

Chanele wrote:Padraig:

You are a member of two of the most powerful guilds out there, cant you find any sympathy for the ones in poor state? You say you would trade firepower with healing and cleanse any day, I bet they need reinforcements in both PoTs and SS;)
Absolutely, I really do. I've talked to Wizards in RL about the state of PoT and I have no vested interest whatsoever other than the theme (which is kickass) and the lack of abilities they possess. PoT were nerfed unfairly because Neidars whined a lot about Zagar's power years ago. Also the leadership is unpopular and needs to be fixed...which I am sure will be addressed in the recode. Also, SU can't tank to save their lives -- that's why Necromancers are a popular layman.

Cherek, my old pal, I responded the way I did because I read your posts and you've taken bits and pieces of information you've gathered over your years in the game and rumours from years ago and put it together into what you perceive as fact. When's the last time the Mages went on a killing spree? "It seems Mages are great for grinding and PVP."

Grinding gont, centaurs and kalaman? Sure. PVP? If you're completely unprepared, maybe. If you're properly prepared, as you should be if you are being hunted (Greneth's comments be damned) we are powerless.
Manglor, Zauhak, Padraig

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 26 Apr 2011 17:48

Padraig wrote:
Greneth wrote:Err I would like a warning when I have been attacked. Im pretty sure your King attacked first then told me why afterwards. Actually several times its just been attack first then you tell me what I did wrong. So not sure what Mages guild your thinking of but thats not how its done.
So you were sitting wherever you sit, admiring the view when the King swooped in and attacked you? Pretty sure you're withholding details relevant to the "investigation."
Sure heres the story. The King's stupid apprentice was botting for herbs. Got killed by a Ranger (Best thing the log is posted here on the forums too). I was sitting at the sign waiting for people and was attacked no warning no nothing. Then was told that all Rangers were going to be hunted by him because of the slight against said player.

Those details work for you?
Padraig wrote:Grinding gont, centaurs and kalaman? Sure. PVP? If you're completely unprepared, maybe. If you're properly prepared, as you should be if you are being hunted (Greneth's comments be damned) we are powerless.
I'm confused. If you can be made so powerless why ask for removal of skills?

Padraig
Wanderer

Post by Padraig » 26 Apr 2011 18:39

Like any magical guild, we all have our achilles heels. The recent imbuement system has made it substantially easier to stack resistances...if you hadn't noticed?

There are arguments from people inside and outside of the guild about some of our abilities being underused, overused, too necessary for the guild to function, etc. I won't go into them, but they are abilities that the population has mentioned, that I would see removed.
Manglor, Zauhak, Padraig

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 26 Apr 2011 18:44

Greneth wrote:The King's stupid apprentice was botting for herbs. Got killed by a Ranger (Best thing the log is posted here on the forums too). I was sitting at the sign waiting for people and was attacked no warning no nothing. Then was told that all Rangers were going to be hunted by him because of the slight against said player.
eventho the kill happened to be on ancient-old war-grounds, which was (at least till then) adhered to by both MMs and Rangers ... but it was just another jerk-action of this MM who happened to be king by that time ...

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 26 Apr 2011 19:45

Being attacked with no warning is the price you risk to pay when someone else in your guild do the same(scoring a kill or not).

Should be quite natural to expect the same thing in return, no?

A life for a life.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 26 Apr 2011 19:57

Kas wrote:Being attacked with no warning is the price you risk to pay when someone else in your guild do the same(scoring a kill or not).

A life for a life.
So if once I was attacked by traveller guild member, I am justified to attack any traveller I meet?

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 26 Apr 2011 20:43

zar wrote:
Kas wrote:Being attacked with no warning is the price you risk to pay when someone else in your guild do the same(scoring a kill or not).

A life for a life.
So if once I was attacked by traveller guild member, I am justified to attack any traveller I meet?

My opinion, and example: If a Calian legend kills an random AA adept, it's only fair and natural that an AA legend may slay an random Calian adept in turn.

Therefore, Calian legends (in this hypothetical case) should be wary of who they kill since they in turn risk to compromise their smaller members by their actions.

Do this seem unfair to you?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 26 Apr 2011 20:53

Kas - do we want to bring some guild-internal (Rangers+MM) information to this forum, to prove that what Greneth described was just a retard-reaction of the king of MM? Or do you prefer to let it be now, please?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/