Banks.

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alorrana
Myth

Banks.

Post by Alorrana » 31 May 2011 15:21

Hey there, was wondering..

Some people have to leave genesis due to work, moving, ect ect. And when they return they find herbs and packs that normally save x mount of time gone.. (a shame)

What if the banks of genesis could safekeep your herbs and potions you gathered, for x amount of time the player is gone. then he could go on the final logout and deposit hes herbs and potions for safekeeping and retire for the year or so.

You would leave your email so after a year of absens or how long your registred to be away, The wizards could send you a mail saying that your period of absens is up. Log in to reregistre for a new period or claim items and resume play. And if no answer, after 30 days the herbs and potions would be sold on AH or destructed.. ?

gives people a fair chance to leave in good wil and knowing that your herbs are there when you eventually get back.. as we all know you eventually will :-P hehe
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Laurel

Re: Banks.

Post by Laurel » 31 May 2011 15:58

hell yeah - I've been asking for a solution to this already a few times (due to vacation)

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 31 May 2011 18:07

Laurel wrote:hell yeah - I've been asking for a solution to this already a few times (due to vacation)
Yeah, me too!

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 31 May 2011 18:14

Why not make it so that if you restrict yourself the herbs, lamps and packs will stay with you for the whole time you are restricted. That way you could restrict yourself every time you need to go to vacation.

Herbs shouldn't last forever, they should dry up and become weaker with time, but at least this way you don't loose them just because you go on a 2 weeks vacation.

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 31 May 2011 22:15

I'd rather see the herbs having a set lifetime and after that time they'd just wither away... so you don't have any reason to spend days gathering a ton of herbs to last you a lifetime or two (and, if lost, make you feel like the end of the world).
But since everyone seems to be against that and wanting the herbs to be able to last forever:
No reason to add a lot of special code for special-storing, warnings etc. A lot of work and people would still lose them due to link-loss or forgetting/not knowing to do the required steps.
Just make the herbs everlasting, like money & special items. Skip the glow flag and having to log in every reboot. Ought to be a lot less work and should make the herbs safe even through crashes.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 01 Jun 2011 01:33

Herb bank ftw!

Love the idea.

-B

Iliana
Wanderer

Post by Iliana » 01 Jun 2011 05:11

How bout if you don't have an occ guild, you can pay a small fee and have a deposit box that acts like a rack? weapons, armours, herbs, etc. The size box you rent, decides how much can go in it... smallest one holds one weapon, one set of armours, a pouch of herbs, etc. Of course it only keeps over arma what would save anyway, but it could be used to hold herbs for their life expectancy, whatever that is.

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 01 Jun 2011 10:26

Iliana wrote:How bout if you don't have an occ guild, you can pay a small fee and have a deposit box that acts like a rack? weapons, armours, herbs, etc. The size box you rent, decides how much can go in it... smallest one holds one weapon, one set of armours, a pouch of herbs, etc. Of course it only keeps over arma what would save anyway, but it could be used to hold herbs for their life expectancy, whatever that is.
I think that everyone should have such deposit box, no matter if you have occ guild or not.
It would be exploited with the usage of alts anyway.
The deposit boxes would destroy the idea of guild racks.
I think that deposit boxes (personal racks or personal equipment in general), would be better and more natural then guild racks.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 01 Jun 2011 12:59

sharn wrote:I think that everyone should have such deposit box, no matter if you have occ guild or not.
so you're ok with exploits, or what's your statement?
sharn wrote:The deposit boxes would destroy the idea of guild racks.
I think that deposit boxes (personal racks or personal equipment in general), would be better and more natural then guild racks.
in a game that (un-like WoW, Aion, LotR-O, etc.) does NOT allow you to keep forever what you once acquired? I don't get your idea there ...

anyway - open banks for herbs/potions/magic ingredients ... pretty please

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 01 Jun 2011 15:57

sharn wrote:
Iliana wrote:How bout if you don't have an occ guild, you can pay a small fee and have a deposit box that acts like a rack? weapons, armours, herbs, etc. The size box you rent, decides how much can go in it... smallest one holds one weapon, one set of armours, a pouch of herbs, etc. Of course it only keeps over arma what would save anyway, but it could be used to hold herbs for their life expectancy, whatever that is.
I think that everyone should have such deposit box, no matter if you have occ guild or not.
The deposit boxes would destroy the idea of guild racks.
Keeping weapons and armours like that is a stupid idea. It will only lead to uber hoarding and sucky gameplay for the rest of us trying to get decent items.
Its a little safe for players herbs and potions, in case they have to leave for a month or more..
Guild racks wouldnt be affected in anyway in this manner.. You cant store weapons and shit like that.. But Your imbuemented stones, herbs, and potions..But taking weapons away from racks.. Its a bad idea.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/