Banks.

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Chanele
Champion

Re: Banks.

Post by Chanele » 01 Jun 2011 16:58

Arcons solution is a nice one, rest of the ideas are just nonsens

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 01 Jun 2011 17:57

Totally Chanele.. All ideas are nonsens.. :roll:
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Iliana
Wanderer

Post by Iliana » 01 Jun 2011 18:37

Hmmm how are guild racks effected by characters not in a guild? The safe deposit boxes could be both a short term and long term solution. Items like stones, herbs and magical components could last for a long time. Weapons and armours only for however long they are supposed to last. Also you could keep things in there so long as you could pay the rent on the box, i.e. you can prepay a month or year or have the rent pulled monthly. Why should those in between guilds who have the money to do so, not have a place to safeguard items they collect? As for abuse of it, require a minimum size to get a safe deposit box, wanderer or something, that way people are not making tiny seconds to abuse the system. As to dismissing anything that does not benefit you personally as stupid... oh nevermind.

Nomm
Apprentice

Post by Nomm » 02 Jun 2011 09:34

Personal "droproom" would affect all neutral guilds very
badly. And newbies would have even harder to get
equipment, I am not fond of that idea. The idea with herbs
lasting through when you have restricted you from
playing is a good one though, to cover vacations and stuff.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 02 Jun 2011 19:08

I thought this topic was about putting herbs in the bank.

I'm all for it!

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 03 Jun 2011 04:00

nomm wrote:Personal "droproom" would affect all neutral guilds very
badly. And newbies would have even harder to get
equipment, I am not fond of that idea. The idea with herbs
lasting through when you have restricted you from
playing is a good one though, to cover vacations and stuff.
You kidding me? The newbie boxes have better things then my own guild racks most the time. Newbies have it extremely easy when it comes to gear.

I dont see what everyone is complaining about with the racks, its not like racks such as HO racks, Council Rooms, Rooms hidden in game, Rooms only certain past guild members/club members can enter ect ect aren't being abused as it is.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 03 Jun 2011 09:09

Greneth wrote:You kidding me? The newbie boxes have better things then my own guild racks most the time. Newbies have it extremely easy when it comes to gear.

I dont see what everyone is complaining about with the racks, its not like racks such as HO racks, Council Rooms, Rooms hidden in game, Rooms only certain past guild members/club members can enter ect ect aren't being abused as it is.
I suggest you change your guild and take some sugar - you're a quite bitter fella it seems *pats shoulder* and my own experience with racks is quite opposite ... at least in the guilds I know/knew.
Maybe you should just join a goodie guild ;)

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 03 Jun 2011 10:16

Laurel wrote:
Greneth wrote:You kidding me? The newbie boxes have better things then my own guild racks most the time. Newbies have it extremely easy when it comes to gear.

I suggest you change your guild and take some sugar - you're a quite bitter fella it seems *pats shoulder* and my own experience with racks is quite opposite ... at least in the guilds I know/knew.
Maybe you should just join a goodie guild ;)
Well mercs get rather screwed with the whole guild racks so its rather pointless for them to even have as everyone just steals the good items and brings it to their own racks. So yes I am a bit bitter ;-)

Anyways I'm all for anything to allow people to keep their own things and store them, be it gear, potions, herbs ect.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 03 Jun 2011 18:33

Bad idea in my opinion. You may use your own 'private' drops with the risk of someone finding it and take your gear.
If you could bank a set of items we will see people always setup a spare set to use after next armageddon.
If you can't trust your mates enough to share drop then perhaps you also need to find a 'secret' room or join a club
that offer a rack. I was an ogre and some ogres got it easy when it comes to droproom, now I am in another guild
and I have had my own items the entire armageddon without anyone 'borrow' and not return.
You just have to plan better if you want that kind of gameplay (egocentric).

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 03 Jun 2011 20:09

I tried that with elven archers until someone kept taking all my eq lol.

-B

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/