What does/should a layman signify about the character

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: What does/should a layman signify about the character

Post by Cherek » 25 Feb 2011 17:41

Rhaegar: Monks really believe in that pcifistic thing still? To me monks seem to be those who kill just about anything, anywhere, and nothing about being pacifistic. But perhaps you mean pacifistic as in not attacking other players? I dont know if that is true either, pvp is very rare anyway so its hard to tell.:)

But thats my impression of monks.

If it is like you say, that layman monks have slightly different rules... well after giving it some more thought... why not? Layman members that are more of students of Segoy than fully dedicated members? It works for me. As long as the core beliefs are they same, why not?

AA layman could be the same. Part-time soldiers could just as well be given a different set of rules?

However you still support Sauron, so you cant go around saying "oh well, not really, Ill team with you Rangers, thats fine". I would be suprised of the officers in the AA would accept that, and I dont think they should. Just as I think a ranger would, and should not, team with any AA, occupational or layman.

And the same with a monk layman who go on a pvp killing spree, if that goes against the teachings of Segoy. (Which I know little about.)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 25 Feb 2011 17:47

Alexi wrote: If everyone's view is "I'll use X Layman because it will complement my character's occupational guild the best" then we are no longer going down the road of character development on a roleplaying sense, we are attempting to get the most bang for our buck out of what is offered in the realms, or what has been recoded recently that is powerful.

There are some true roleplayers left out there, but for everyone to act like they are 100% about their character's RP, I'd have to say "Don't kid yourself".
Guess I am one of those oldies who think RP always comes before "power". But yeah, I know its not true for the most people. And even less now than before. But I dont have to like it. I would wish more people put RP first. And I mean simple RP, like following guild rules and themes etc. Thats the type of game I would like anyway.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 25 Feb 2011 18:39

Cherek wrote:the day knights and BDA team up for XP is the day I give up on this world.:)
that actually has happened already ages ago ... :lol: :twisted:

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 25 Feb 2011 18:56

I am out then. See ya!

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 25 Feb 2011 21:35

Cherek wrote:I am out then. See ya!
can i have your stuff?:P

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 07 Jun 2011 12:59

Laurel wrote: Tricksters
power/skill wise: too bad they are dead in that area :(
RP wise: quite fitting the Ranger fighting style after all ... would they be recoded to have the old shin-kick ... well well ... :twisted: 8-)
resurrecting this ... with hope
I mean - is there any hope such a small thing could happen, like giving Tricks some form of combat-aid and removing the align-on-join restrictions?

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 08 Jun 2011 11:34

no hope and interest in such a solution whatsoever?
I mean - even Heralds of Valar are currently more alive than tricksters ... and tricks are such a great RP guild!

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 08 Jun 2011 15:22

Tive wrote:
EVE-player alert :shock:

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 08 Jun 2011 16:47

OgreToyBoy wrote:
Tive wrote:
EVE-player alert :shock:

I would guess a fan of The Noob. (good place for a promotion banner)

http://thenoobcomic.com/index.php?pos=6

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 09 Jun 2011 11:26

The phrase "Can I have your stuff?" comes from MMOs in the first place and is just quoted in "the Noob".
I have seen it used in MMOs before it was in the Noob.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/