"Protected Areas"

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zestana
Expert

"Protected Areas"

Post by Zestana » 19 Jun 2011 00:17

Unfortunately the log scrolled off before I could save it but the gist of it.

Myself and Bjugdar fighting in Neraka at the trolls. In walks a goblin who attacks the trolls without a word. About halfway through the room he introduces himself as

Code: Select all

Pasha+ of the Red Hand, The Most Notorious Goblin in all of Kalad, the Dragon
      Highmaster and Armoury Master of the Blue Dragonarmy and Ascendent
      Officer of the Templar Knights of Takhisis, myth, male goblin
He then dutifully informs us that "only Priests and templars can train here."

So my question is what does everyone think about "protected areas." To me it seems to be places that guilds use as an excuse to attack people whenever they feel like it and as a private xp ground since only they can kill their own troops.

I guess if it fits into RP of protecting an area thats fine but I just think its a little bigoted to claim to protect an area and then kill it off yourself when you've chased everyone else away.

Also for newer people... how are we to know which areas are protected? Perhaps this should be posted somewhere... and I guess are there any more of these areas I should be aware about? (Not like I give a rat's ass if they tell me not to kill there :D )

Laurel

Re: "Protected Areas"

Post by Laurel » 19 Jun 2011 00:49

to me it's among the "funny" (towards idiotic) excuses for "protecting" an area just to give "training" to your friends
similar with Harads being "allowed" ("carte blanche from MMs") to be fed upon for a "selected few"

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 19 Jun 2011 02:09

Zestana wrote:So my question is what does everyone think about "protected areas." To me it seems to be places that guilds use as an excuse to attack people whenever they feel like it and as a private xp ground since only they can kill their own troops.

I guess if it fits into RP of protecting an area thats fine but I just think its a little bigoted to claim to protect an area and then kill it off yourself when you've chased everyone else away.

Also for newer people... how are we to know which areas are protected? Perhaps this should be posted somewhere... and I guess are there any more of these areas I should be aware about? (Not like I give a rat's ass if they tell me not to kill there :D )
Personally I like the general idea of guilds protecting certain areas/people. Gives certain areas a 'flavor', and are grounds for some interesting interaction.

But you're not a "new" player, at all, so you knew very well about these things in advance.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 19 Jun 2011 02:16

Personally I like the general idea of guilds protecting certain areas/people. Gives certain areas a 'flavor', and are grounds for some interesting interaction.
I agree with that. I just think the concept of protecting certain areas, and then slaughtering the people you claim to protect is a bit ridiculous.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 19 Jun 2011 08:52

Is part of the game, if you still want to xp in those areas you can either join a guild
that is allowed to go there or kill anyway and risk getting attacked.

Tharandil
Adventurer

Post by Tharandil » 19 Jun 2011 09:02

For me it can be abit frustrated if I want to grind alone,
without Neraka or Haradrims my choices get very limited for a knight at champion size.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 19 Jun 2011 11:27

OgreToyBoy wrote:Is part of the game, if you still want to xp in those areas you can either join a guild
Hmm.. but is it sufficient excuse to attack and kill?
Am I allowed to claim Sparkle orc camp under my protection and kill every newbie who tries kill there?

Maybe MM should protect every orc in ME?
Or DA - every draconian?

Karpath
Adventurer

Post by Karpath » 19 Jun 2011 11:41

Read the board in Neraka.
It is the fluttering of moths to the flame that amuses me.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 19 Jun 2011 12:38

zar wrote:
OgreToyBoy wrote:Is part of the game, if you still want to xp in those areas you can either join a guild
Am I allowed to claim Sparkle orc camp under my protection and kill every newbie who tries kill there?

Or DA - every draconian?
Sure, if you can find a valid RP excuse I'd have no issue with you protecting the orcs.
Of course you'd have to wield the power to enforce such protection else it is useless.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 19 Jun 2011 14:43

OgreToyBoy wrote:
zar wrote:

Or DA - every draconian?
Sure, if you can find a valid RP excuse I'd have no issue with you protecting the orcs.
Of course you'd have to wield the power to enforce such protection else it is useless.
Well. How about this?
"One mercenary will tell that he is paid by someone to keep Sparkle quite.
So he must kill everyone he sees."

Good enough?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/