Idea for a noncombat guild

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kas
Legend

Re: Idea for a noncombat guild

Post by Kas » 09 Jul 2011 15:42

Well, if you make someone grow super slow, making them immune to death isn't the only option..

Removing death and combat is just one of many, and it may come with some very serious global complications that will give the already overworked wizards a terrible headache.

Now, if you remove something(this case, a major game aspect), you must add something else.. This, I fully support and renders unique guild special and "different" to play, and it can take shape in many forms to make it worthwhile and fun/different for the player.

One way to offset slow growthrate (let's say you have 2x xp penalty) could be extraordinary powerful abilities, such as :
1. costs half mana of the normal rate
2. twice as fast castingtime
3. twincasting(you cast 2 spells of any choice at whoever you want at once, with limits such as 1 spell per target)
4. Double manaregeneration/hp regeneration
5. Guild tax relief on spell component costs
6. Spelltwisting. You combine spells for random/special effects upon 1 single release
7--100. ..and I can go on and on and on.

Regarding the whole new and different experience thing, with brand new special aspects....I'm a major fan of such, as long as it's done "right", as long as it don't fudamentally break the game.

Everything is possible, if you ain't afraid of negative offsets and new aspects of playability in turn for old ones. (provided you have the actual wizard workforce to make it happen).
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 09 Jul 2011 16:12

Iliana wrote:I have an idea for a noncombat guild for Genesis.
Noncombat guild - no combat XP. Even if you are healing pet in team. Than it's ok. When you join - you loose ALL your combat XP and never gain it till you member. Only quest and general from herbing, crafting, alchemy.

Creed

Post by Creed » 09 Jul 2011 16:53

that would also make the members of this guild much smaller.
which in turn would mean that you won't see any myths of this guild run around.
probably not even titans or champions.

which again would make it all work a lot better, without being too powerful.
since your mana pool and wis bonus for casting would be lower.

I think the non-combat-xp idea is crucial for this guild to work.

and if you don't want to fight, it doesn't matter with size anyways.

Iliana
Wanderer

Post by Iliana » 09 Jul 2011 17:04

How bout stat capping for valkyries? con, dex and str cap at whatever is midlevel and wis, int and dis can grow but cap at whatever champion level is. This allows you to have really good mana but never be huge in the areas that help combat. Not sure if it could be coded but maybe when you join you are given a fixed set of stats that never changes and the size thing is removed... you are just a valkyrie with no size in particular. You only gain guild xp from healing, cleansing, shielding and alchemy. If you leave the guild you go back to exactly where you were when you joined. So every valkyrie is exaclty the same size their proficiency is the only variable, it all depends on how much they use the abilities to gain guild xp to get better at it all..... oh I am liking this more and more. :D

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 11 Jul 2011 22:36

Kas wrote: 4. Playerbase vs numbers of occ guilds. I don't see this guild happening unless the influx of new players are sufficient during the recruitmentcampain.
My wife usually plays pure healer in other games, so I think this niche can be filled.

I really DON'T like idea of immunity. It is not realistic.
But sacrifice all combat skills and specials for sake of healing ability and maybe mana regeneration can be very nice

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 11 Jul 2011 23:38

Pure healers-niche can definitely be good(and very very VERY sought after). The problem may be to convince a wizard to code such a guild in these times of low playernumbers.

Everyone and their dog + budgie will want to have on their group, and if "raiding"-content someday becomes mainstream in Genesis, that's where this class truly will shine. :)
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 11 Jul 2011 23:49

Who wants a healer in their team nowadays? Because of our sizes dps is all that counts.

I would love to see healing abilities become more importent in Genesis and this guild sounds awesome if you remove the immune to damage thing.

Anahita
Adventurer

Post by Anahita » 12 Jul 2011 04:47

I have to echo what Kas and Chanele said - unless Genesis gets content where a healer is absolutely necessary to the team, the idea of a pure healing class will be relegated to optional-but-not-necessary. It is a cool idea for a guild, but two people in this thread so far have called it a "pet" class, which just makes me wince. I think Genesis is highly focused on damage and a healer is really just useful (at the moment) for keeping the team going longer rather than being an appreciated addition to a team.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 14 Jul 2011 06:38

I think situations like the Orc Captain in Emerald would be perfect "need a healer" type of situation.

I'd be a huge fan of more difficult content in the game that require teams. Maybe a bonus to teaming
with a valk would be teleportation to a team oriented grinding area not accessible by regular transport
in the game.

I like the idea, not sure I'm 100% behind the zero combat. Good and evil quests would be a breeze.

Perhaps death could be a state of regeneration without loss of any stats. That would be pretty cool.

Lot's of options.

Bromen

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 21 Jul 2011 22:12

Kas wrote:"killing the healer first/kill the one in the dress"
word :D
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/