Let The fights begin !

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alorrana
Myth

Let The fights begin !

Post by Alorrana » 22 Jul 2011 00:59

Greetings all.

Again a wacko Idea from me, I wanted to hear some thoughts on..

Please wizards play with this one :D

Super Heavy weights, Heavy weights, Cruser weights, Light weights, Super light weights, and Feather weights.

SHW. would be the Myths.

HW. would be the Legends and Champions.

CW. would be the Titans down to Rising Heros.

LW would be from Expert to Veterans.

SLW would be from Great adventures to Adventures.

FW would finally be the Wanderer to Beginners.

Those below beginners would have to train some more to enter the fights.

Good, now thats settled. 6 classes.

there would be 10 contenders in all the classes.. nr 1 is title holder. and 7 rest, contenders. + 2 jokers. (10 in all)

There would be a fixed scedule for fights, say pr 2 month there would be a championship. To crown new champs, reclaim titles, and defending titles.

At first we need some fights to see whos worthy of a title. it will go like this.

it would start with an 10 man brawl in the arena of each class.
first two out would be "jokers" then from 8 to the last man standing will be the fight line up.
......................................................................................................

1 vs 2
3 vs 4
5 vs 6
7 vs 8

then you would have 4 winners to move on and 4 out.

1 vs 2
3 vs 4

You would then have eliminated 2 more. and then 2 for the championship.

1 vs 2

= 1 Champion.
......................................................................................................

"jokers"

Then after the 1st rounds of fights are over there would be a chance for the jokers to take a cheep shot at the championship. By defeating 2 of the loosers. Not direct shot at champion, but have to fight 2 of the other nine contenders. the joker can choose any given one. Win those two fights and you get a shot at the title.(including joker vs joker)

These fights will not be at the championship night, but during the period until next champion ship.
that means within 2 months time it will have to happen, and be logged on a board. and attended by the crowds. including fighting the champion.

Then say we have moved forward 2 months in the game and its time for the next championship.

The champion, has defeated both jokers, and remained title holder.

there would then be a new mass brawl, between the 9 contenders, Last man standing would then get a chance to claim the title, and first two to leave will be jokers.
Then if the champion defends contender that won mass brawl s(he) would remain champion.
and then the joker rounds could begin untill the next champion ship. and if not any challenges, the champion will remain champion. Untill s(he) looses the title in a fight.

If a joker defeated the champion. during the period between championships, then the new champion would hold hes title untill s(he) is defeated. and the defeated one will go in the "mixed bowl" with the rest of the 9 contenders.
But the defeated champion would then become joker, untill next events brawl. to contend for championship.

"Mixed bowl".

Rest of the pack. 9 brave fighters wanting to become champions. Way for them to get a go at the title holder is to defeat (in the arena, logged and viewed) 4 of the others from the mixed bowl. as would any other in that bowl be able to. (jokers included, they just have to win 2 fights to get a shot at the title as mentioned above.)
If x then wins 4 fights in a row, you would then get a chance to become champion, Get a title shot. Aim for the big one, go for the belt.. ect ect. These fights would happen to take place with in the period of championship events.

Injuries(deaths)

If a player dies while contending in the championship and loses size s(he) would then lose the place in the mixed bowl and will be on the injured list until s(he) has regained size.
The bowl will not change unless someone retires from the championship, then a noncontender can enter and claim a shot. 10 is the max for the bowl.(and proberly to much for current playerbase anyway. :) hehe

Refusing to fight.

If the champion refuses to fight, s(he) will the would then lose the title and the championship would again be open and we go back to round 1 again. With 10 man all mix in the bowl and contending for the belt.

None contenders.

Any man, woman, peck, tree-hugger or other runts from the realm are free to sign up for the championship as noncontenders, and will only have to enter if one of the contenders in the bowl retires.

Retirement.

Any player can chose to retire and live a normally life outside all the fighting, If a player from the bowl so choses he will be replaced by a none contender.

If a champion retires the championship will again be open. and we start of with a new mass brawl. to find out who claims title. (rd 1 again) and who will be jokers.
Retiring champions would the get a little golden ring, to wear so people still could reconize them and remember their times as champion. Become a bit of a legend if you have a good Klitschko streak and retire ;)

benefits for champions.

Along with every title comes a belt. something the player would have in s(hes) inventory, able to wear and perhaps some emotes along with it.

As title holder you will be be known through out the lands, people in towns will know who you are so title holders will be able to buy cheaper stuff, and perhaps earn a few more coins when selling and buying. Your a champ, Known, people likes you. You will perhaps have a lower tax rate in the bank, not to much, but enough to make a little difference. You would pay half price when sailing. and smiths would offer to repair your stuff for free.

contenders benefit.

pay less when repairing, pay less when sailing. You will still be a known fighter, but not as known as the champion.

You basicly get the idea by now i hope. :) I tend to mess up pretty bad when going to long.
but if you get it, please share some feedback,.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Iliana
Wanderer

Re: Let The fights begin !

Post by Iliana » 22 Jul 2011 01:22

What's the timeframe on this?

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 22 Jul 2011 01:32

donno. as long as it takes..? every two months ? as in the note.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 22 Jul 2011 01:46

Sounds fun :)
What about equipment when you fight?
Anything goes or set a limit on it?
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 22 Jul 2011 02:39

Sounds like a very fun idea!
A load of work to fix, of course, but would mean something new and fun to do, plan for and talk about.
Some thoughts...
* Possibility to add betting on the outcomes (can be a nice addition, but no use in elaborating it at this point).
* If players 1-8 are ranked, somehow, 1 being the favourite (current champ) and 8 being the underdog, I think the normal setup would be 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7 etc.
* Contenders don't need any bonus - keep that for the champ. Contender bonus is that they have the possibility of getting the belt.
* Great idea with some ring after retiring! Old champs will definitely want to keep some token of their former glory.
* If dying and getting too small for the class, better to let you stay in the class - you are probably close to it anyway, and deserve the chance to chose yourself if you want to stay.
* Perhaps even demand that the class you belong to is set to the highest class you have been, regardless of current xp (to not have some spam-suiciding myth steal the feather weight belt every championship, due to maxed-out skills)?
* If gaining enough xp to reach next class, you ought to be removed from the curent class. If you are champ, you could keep your title until next championship, where you won't be allowed to defend it.
* And then I guess there has to be some system of setting up the time for the fights, and decide who wins if they never fight, which I don't have any good suggestion for. But I'll try anyway: If A meets B, either of them can send a challenge to the other, including a date and a timespan. If opponent shows up there, challenger (if online) gets a message and a certain time to get there himself (maybe a possibility to insta-transport there, but that would need extra checks against abuse). If challenger doesn't get there in time, opponent wins. If opponent does not show up, fight is not resolved. Either of them can send as many date-timespans as they like, but had better be available during those timespans, or the opponent will win (if he shows up). If fight isn't resolved within X days, winner is the one who gave the biggest total challenge-timespan. If equal, winner is selected by random... There is probably a much simpler way of solving this. Perhaps just have the players mail eachother and setting up the meeting themselves, and failing to do so, winner is picked randomly? Or both will lose? Just wanted to bring up this possible problem.

If I sound negative, I'm not. Only real problem I see is the standard one - the work needed to fix it. It does sound line something that could add a lot of fun and new interest to Genesis.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 22 Jul 2011 18:39

Booger wrote: * Perhaps even demand that the class you belong to is set to the highest class you have been, regardless of current xp (to not have some spam-suiciding myth steal the feather weight belt every championship, due to maxed-out skills)?
Heheh just what I was thinking of doing with a second, along with skewing their stat growth etc.

I wish the rules for double logging were relaxed to allow people to "breed and train" a newbie char fighter, equipping them etc.
Then pit your noob fighters against each others in to the death player fights.
Have a name rule, eg Taraxkid, Taraxpal or just no real name and set their max possible stat avg at something low.

Pet fighters :D
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 22 Jul 2011 22:03

hehe Alorrana had plans to make a mini mino moo with Tarax.. but then he changed to that lesser, and much uglier race.. :P

*poke*

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 23 Jul 2011 00:13

:shock: A lucky escape hehe
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/