Uptime

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
OgreToyBoy
Champion

Uptime

Post by OgreToyBoy » 12 Mar 2010 11:53

With the new powerful machine at our disposal, how about prolonging the uptime with a few weeks.
I wouldn't mind to see the garbage bins get used to resupply the magic items in the realm.

Rhynox
Titan

Re: Uptime

Post by Rhynox » 12 Mar 2010 14:17

Uff, I remember nobody liking the one month uptimes. Equipment like the crystal axe would never boot, and if someone gets a saving one good luck trying to find another before 45 days passed.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 12 Mar 2010 14:21

That goes without saying..

Equipment is a need.
If that was sorted I would support doing away with arma entirely.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 12 Mar 2010 15:26

you need to fix quests to regenerate properly too.. items not moved about.. I tend to quest most right after arma because everything is fresh and new.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Creed

Post by Creed » 12 Mar 2010 15:41

Very long uptimes is not a problem.

The really good items just need to be made so they break, and break easier.
That way we all have a chance to get said items.

I never understood the need for items that doesn't break.
Sure its cool to have it, but it sucks for everyone else.

And if it all breaks, naturally there would come a flow in it.
Since everyone wants to use the superior equipment.

And if thats not enough, then make it so that the super prime items never last.
Then we will be sure that the items are actually used, and not just saved in some rack, for the next month.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 12 Mar 2010 15:59

Kitriana wrote:you need to fix quests to regenerate properly too.. items not moved about.. I tend to quest most right after arma because everything is fresh and new.
Quests? What are those!
I pretty much gave up on questing years ago. My brute is horrible.
With the arrival of the quest tips I hope I will be able to try once more.. I did enjoy them greatly in the early days.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 12 Mar 2010 19:02

I keep talking (mostly to myself) about making a second character so I can go through all the quests and bug report the issues I have.. and call out anything that a new player wouldn't be able to figure out. Syntax issues.

But #1 -- I know the realms better than a newbie.. so some things are just obvious to me because of the fact that I've done them before.

#2 - I understand that some quests if you don't do ALL the parts.. you still get the XP.. but not ALL the XP. As a newbie... or new player... if you don't know that there is an additional part.. then how would you know to do it.

(Maybe this is for another thread about how else to improve questing).
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 12 Mar 2010 23:45

Kitriana wrote:(Maybe this is for another thread about how else to improve questing).
Indeed. Tarax, you are the lord of zillion threads would you? :)

Lindros

Post by Lindros » 13 Mar 2010 11:25

Creed wrote:Very long uptimes is not a problem.

The really good items just need to be made so they break, and break easier.
That way we all have a chance to get said items.

I never understood the need for items that doesn't break.
Sure its cool to have it, but it sucks for everyone else.

And if it all breaks, naturally there would come a flow in it.
Since everyone wants to use the superior equipment.

And if thats not enough, then make it so that the super prime items never last.
Then we will be sure that the items are actually used, and not just saved in some rack, for the next month.

I honestly do not thinking that making things break easier is going to make people enjoy equipment more.
What we need to do is remove the cap of magical equipment, and just make it random, for examle
if you kill Arlenn 10 times, 1 time out of 10 he spawns with one of his good blades, rest with crap.

With npcs respawning time and such factoring in I am sure if armageddons were 1 month long,
those who play and kill Arlenn 3-4 times per login will eventually get a good blade.

Making things break easier isnt an option if you ask me, just look at how tricky it is to use runed falchions/EH's
they are both weapons who break super easily, and as a result alot of people avoid using the blade cause they fear
it will break and they will have to spend hours upon hours trying to recover it.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 13 Mar 2010 11:33

Rumor has it there will be new effects on random items. Your EH might cause several levels of darkness. The sparkling knife you just looted may have a random heal. Perhaps, poison damage on a green steel longsword... who knows? lol

If this were to be introduced into the game, everyone would have an equal chance of finding these special items (armours too?) on every mob in the game.

Of course everything I might know is subject to scrutiny, but it would be incredible to find that FBB that gives haste... haha

-B

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/