imbuement looting.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zestana
Expert

Re: imbuement looting.

Post by Zestana » 05 Aug 2011 04:14

Out of the three guilds I've been in, 2 of them were atrocious in regards to racks. Leave anything and it would be gone the next time you woke up. I'm all for what Alorrana suggests.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 05 Aug 2011 08:23

Booger wrote:currently I don't know if the lack of logging possibility is because the immortals want it so, or if it's because it's a lot of work and therefore not a priority thing to add.
(and with one base-rack, DO might get racks with less messy item-listing)
It is because the Wizards* don't want to implement it.

Here is one tiny quote from a lenghty discussion I had with Novo about this issue and the dysfunctional title system AAs has. This was back in '08, and both problems still persists as much today, as they did back then:
Novo howls: Personally, the thing I don't like about rack logs..Is that it
gives you guys information without even working for it.
Novo howls: If I did put in rack logs, you'd lose the private droproom.
Novo howls: Because while I appreciate your concerns..they just aren't thematic
If you were wondering which suggestion he had for solving the problem:
Novo howls: Have you tried asking AA to idle in the drop room?
Yep...

*Or atleast Novo didn't (AAs former guildmaster till he got kicked from the game).
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 05 Aug 2011 09:08

If it's racks that do the trick for you in Genesis - feel free to apply to guilds with those racks.

Other than that: I can follow the reasoning, that either you got the log OR a more restricted droproom. Funnily enough the "private" droprooms for "chosen ones" are in evil guilds (i.e. necro, AA, DA), while logs are in goodie ones (i.e. Calia).

Maybe there is some "theme" behind it, that you don't like ... but in that case, feel free to apply with guilds with logs rather than "private racks". 8-) To me both the log and the "private" rack are solutions to the same issue.

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 13 Aug 2011 21:57

if your guild racks auto save, then they are already using a common code base. The common guild rack object does in fact support logging. It's up to individual guildmasters to determine the theme that is appropriate to a particular guild and enable the rack logging feature and create the guild specific object and experience that will allow members to view these logs.

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 14 Aug 2011 03:22

Wonderful to hear, Petros (that you have a base code for it).
So you are right, Makfly. The guildmaster still doesn't want it.
I guess that means you're out of luck, Alorrana. Unless you can change the mind of your GM.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 14 Aug 2011 04:32

petros wrote:if your guild racks auto save, then they are already using a common code base. The common guild rack object does in fact support logging. It's up to individual guildmasters to determine the theme that is appropriate to a particular guild and enable the rack logging feature and create the guild specific object and experience that will allow members to view these logs.

To me that sounds like you are pushing the responsibility to someone else..
Racklogging should be a standard like saving racks.
I agree on that it should be up to the council to display rack logs though.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 14 Aug 2011 04:59

amberlee wrote:To me that sounds like you are pushing the responsibility to someone else..
Yes, you're correct that I'm pushing responsibility to the guildmaster to make thees types of decisions. Given that I'm not the guildmaster of these guilds, I cannot make the decision for how the racks should be displayed and how it fits into the theme.

On the flip side, we have implemented rack-logging as a capability of racks, just like we implemented auto-saving across them. Another example is messengers. Most messengers in the game now share the same common code, but they are each individually implemented differently in different guilds and areas. Some turn certain default features on, and some turn other default features off. We don't make them all the same for a reason - it would make for a very boring game.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 14 Aug 2011 07:28

petros wrote:
amberlee wrote:To me that sounds like you are pushing the responsibility to someone else..
Yes, you're correct that I'm pushing responsibility to the guildmaster to make thees types of decisions. Given that I'm not the guildmaster of these guilds, I cannot make the decision for how the racks should be displayed and how it fits into the theme.

On the flip side, we have implemented rack-logging as a capability of racks, just like we implemented auto-saving across them. Another example is messengers. Most messengers in the game now share the same common code, but they are each individually implemented differently in different guilds and areas. Some turn certain default features on, and some turn other default features off. We don't make them all the same for a reason - it would make for a very boring game.

My point is..
With the limited resources(aka wizards) in the donut today.. It would seem to me that this should be an adminstrative decision, not a guildmaster decision.
Not all guilds HAVE even semi active guildmasters.
And it would be as easy to add as saving racks.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 16 Aug 2011 02:21

Quite honestly.... as a Union member... I don't want logs of racks.
I dont' think it fits Union RP and I don't think we should keep track of members that way.
I would be disappointed to see this feature added to my Guilds racks.

Kit's player
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 17 Aug 2011 06:45

Kitriana wrote:Quite honestly.... as a Union member... I don't want logs of racks.
I dont' think it fits Union RP and I don't think we should keep track of members that way.
I would be disappointed to see this feature added to my Guilds racks.

Kit's player
The only rack that should be without log is gladiators chest. Chest looters is unique guild feature.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/