imbuement looting.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kitriana
Champion

Re: imbuement looting.

Post by Kitriana » 17 Aug 2011 13:00

zar wrote:
Kitriana wrote:Quite honestly.... as a Union member... I don't want logs of racks.
I dont' think it fits Union RP and I don't think we should keep track of members that way.
I would be disappointed to see this feature added to my Guilds racks.

Kit's player
The only rack that should be without log is gladiators chest. Chest looters is unique guild feature.
I disagree as a member of my own guild. And Clearly guildmasters do as well.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 17 Aug 2011 15:16

Kitriana wrote:
zar wrote:
Kitriana wrote:Quite honestly.... as a Union member... I don't want logs of racks.
I dont' think it fits Union RP and I don't think we should keep track of members that way.
I would be disappointed to see this feature added to my Guilds racks.

Kit's player
The only rack that should be without log is gladiators chest. Chest looters is unique guild feature.
I disagree as a member of my own guild. And Clearly guildmasters do as well.
Good for you.

Guildmasters, though, need to consider what benefit they gain from withholding this improvement from the players, especially in light of the (hopefully) big influx of new players coming from the promotion campaign.

Oh and I agree that the Gladiators should not have a log system on their chest. They should get a decent rack, and keep the chest around with the following inscription:
"This chest is dedicated to the chest-looters throughout the ages - May your corpses rot deep in the desert of Tyr"

:)
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 17 Aug 2011 16:17

*signed: Laurel, the Twisted Looter of the Shadowwalkers! :lol:

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 17 Aug 2011 21:40

Without revealing anything inappropriate, what's the deal with the gladiator chest? I've never been one, so the reference is lost on me....

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 18 Aug 2011 11:31

Celephias wrote:Without revealing anything inappropriate, what's the deal with the gladiator chest? I've never been one, so the reference is lost on me....
The chest at the gladiator guild have, over the years, turned so many people bitter, it's quite the running joke, even if it's so tragic.

The Gladiator guild have had problems with chest(/rack)-looters ever since they were put in the game.
Time and time again have new players joined the Gladiators and tried to store gear in the chest, only to have it looted and sold, which in turn pisses them off. They then put up notes on their guildboard proclaiming all chest-looters will be killed blablablah.
Eventually though, the chest have prevailed and people have left the guild in disgust, or the few have wized up and kept a private stash in some out-of-the-way location in Kabal...Atleast until they could join another guild and escape from the Gladiators.

I wish I had a platinum coin for each note about chest-looters on the Gladiator board - I would be the most wealthy player in the game. :)

It's really silly that the wizards thoughout the years have refused to fix this problem, that have pissed off so many players over the years. Especially since it's _CERTAINLY_ not just the Gladiators that have, and have had, the problem.

These days though, hopefully guildmasters will wisen up and provide decent, working racks for everyone. Especially since the more players we have, the more people will be pissed off by chest looters.
And the ones that are hurt the most by this perpetual problem is the most smallest, inexperienced & casual players that rely on having equipment be available when they log in. Be it equipment that they gathered themselves or equipment someone else choose to share with their guildmates.

The influx of new players from the promotion campaign are exactly the ones that are hurt the most by all of this.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 18 Aug 2011 19:09

Glads and Mercs are free to join guild with no council or any other real leadirship. Even Overseers can do nothing. There is no punishment/demotion/baning in thoose guilds. No wander there hella lot of seconds, who log in, loot chest, bring axes to Neidars and quit.
But guild what is not free to join should not be like that.

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 18 Aug 2011 20:56

The funny thing about this thread is that gladiator racks have had logging since 2009.

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 20 Aug 2011 10:53

I've always felt that guild racks should be protected by guild culture and leadership, not by hard code.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 20 Aug 2011 11:25

Logging racks is one thing. Making those logs accessible to players another.

This is what one of the Genesis design documents say about it:
Please keep in mind that the council members are mortals, so they
should not have wizard-like powers or knowledge, but be subject to the
risks of second hand information and hearsay, lack of proofs and so on
like any other law enforcement officer.
I believe that is important.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 20 Aug 2011 15:38

If racklooting contributes to ruin a guild/compromise its integrity and function, then do a _designwise_ decision to prevent further decline.

You do want players to stick to those guilds or not?

Furthermore, it can very easily be done without compromising the "you weren't there, so you should not know" argument, by methods already suggested several times on these boards already.

Give AA & Co the damn racklog already if they want it, you lazy bums. :D
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/