imbuement looting.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Iliana
Wanderer

Re: imbuement looting.

Post by Iliana » 20 Aug 2011 16:16

The "you weren't there, so you shouldn't know" can be dealt with by having an npc who is in the room all the time. They could be the one that tells you who took what etc.

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 20 Aug 2011 18:49

Iliana - that is a an excellent solution. That guilds would have an NPC who is responsible for eq or somesuch is completely reasonable. The NPC could also be imperfect if using him/her as a log interface is undesirable - they could mostly know for sure who has what and in other cases may only be able to tell you things like "I saw <player> removing a sword, but I'm not sure which sword."

Of course, I think implementing a log interface (if we already have logs) is probably easiest ala:
ask npc checkins
<timestamped list of who brought in what gear>
ask npc checkouts
<timestamped list of who took what gear>
ask npc <player>
<timestamped list of gives/takes for that player>

The npc can only remember back a day or two unless they are keeping a ledger. For the ledger, you could also put some responsibility on the players in some cases via signing in/singing out gear.

You could keep more official track within the guild as to who is more of an asset for gear versus a drain (amount/quality of gear brought in versus taken out). For guilds that have activity monitors, this could count toward it. Perhaps it even affects ranks and/or guildstat.

I think the NPC angle affords opportunities to make this a more rich aspect of the game than simply an accounting of gear for players.

-Cel

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 20 Aug 2011 20:35

Iliana wrote:The "you weren't there, so you shouldn't know" can be dealt with by having an npc who is in the room all the time. They could be the one that tells you who took what etc.
Exactly what I was pointing at (suggested earlier on the board), so I don't see why this isn't done already.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 20 Aug 2011 20:58

Kas wrote:
Iliana wrote:The "you weren't there, so you shouldn't know" can be dealt with by having an npc who is in the room all the time. They could be the one that tells you who took what etc.
Exactly what I was pointing at (suggested earlier on the board), so I don't see why this isn't done already.
like I said, the funny thing about this thread is that its already done for the gladiator racks complained about the most.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 20 Aug 2011 22:22

petros wrote:
Kas wrote:
like I said, the funny thing about this thread is that its already done for the gladiator racks complained about the most.
Well, perhaps the feature isn't that obvious, or there are very few or none around to use it (or that they ain't complaining/using secondary/tertiary guildracks).

However, I think guilds such as AA would benefit from it since they are the ones that started this thread in the first place due to irritating/disrupting elements that don't really add to the game.

I can see situations such as : Enemy seconds raiding the racks with impunity placing and compromising the guild as a whole as a _tactical__ tool, ruining the efforts and the 'will to play' of the "legit" players that is caught/trapped in the crossfire.

Is this a wanted situation?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 20 Aug 2011 23:12

Like I said before, its the responsibility of the GM for AA to make that call. You're rigt, its not hard to do. But if it doesn't fit thematically, it won't be done.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 21 Aug 2011 00:21

Since empty guildracks most likely will send players depending on gear straight offline rather than playing, I would in a blink of an eye sactrifice a tiiny aspect(if any) of "thematics" in exchange for a _chance_ of keeping more players online. In AA's case, parking a troll in the rackrooms could thematically justify it(use some imagination), and do you _really need_ the green light from the GM for such an operation if it ment happier players in that guild?

Don't you strive for happier and more active players, or am I entirely mistaken?

:shock:

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 21 Aug 2011 01:25

petros wrote:Like I said before, its the responsibility of the GM for AA to make that call. You're rigt, its not hard to do. But if it doesn't fit thematically, it won't be done.

That is BS and you know it.
Seriously man, your archaic way of thinking has to go.
Gameplay > theme any day of the week.
And considering this game is pretty much based on and around equipment it should be implemented as a standard.

Do you want people to play the game?
If so, you take care of your players.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 21 Aug 2011 01:28

Short term solutions won't solve playerbase issues. You willl lose more in the long run with poorly implemented themes. If you have suggestions on how to thematically make this feasible, send them to Gorboth and the Middle Earth wizards in game.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 21 Aug 2011 05:12

Probably wont gain players in genesis no, but it will help you keep the ones you have.
And maybe some more would go back to guilds like AA.

But i guess its too much to ask you to listen to what the actual players in the guilds ask for.
I know, cause i listen to some of them every day through the facebook chat.

btw saving racks doesnt thematically fit with any guild in genesis.
So why shouldnt they get racklogs in all guilds aswell since racklooters is actually a problem?
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/